Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFC East: Quarterbacks, A Cast Of Characters

Ax

For teams of the NFC East, it's the year of the quarterback, and what a group we have.

First, the 2007 World Champion Redskins will be led by Jason "Soul-Glo" Campbell.

Philadelphia will be once again led by the veteran, Donovan "Buckwheat" McNabb.

Dallas brings Tony "Opie Taylor" Romo sits to pee to the table.

And, the Giants continue with Eli "Goober" Manning.

The only "proven" QB in the bunch is Buckwheat. Unfortunately for Eagle fans, he's known for throwing at peoples feet, and throwing up, as much as anything else.

Next, as far as experience goes, is Goober. Who, to date, has only caused Giant fans to experience the football equivalent of Erectile Dysfunction Syndrome. Yeah, they got one, but it don't work!

Brokeback Nation hangs it's hope on the homosexual version of Opie Taylor. Who, has more potential to become a McDonald's franchise manager, than a franchise quarterback.

We, the five time, soon-to-be six, World Champion Washington Redskins are banking on Soul-Glo, to bring the glow of another Lombardi Trophy home to Redskin Park.

(I know, you Eagle fans have no idea what I'm talking about)

Eagle fan: "Daddy, what's another mean?"

So, if they all remain healthy, what have we got?

A choker. (Buckwheat)

A goober. (Goober)

A fumbler. (Opie)

And a National Champion. (Soul-Glo)

Opie, and Soul-Glo have the biggest question marks. Although Opie did show the same kind of "Can't Win The Big One" potential that Buckwheat and Goober have exhibited so far in their careers. Soul-Glo came through in college. This year, he'll get his chance in the pros. So, we'll see.

Now, if the starters go down, what have we got?

Eagles? Done.

Giants? Done. Although, they're done even if Goober doesn't get hurt.

Cowboys? Better off. If the line can protect him, Brad "The Original Noodle Arm" Johnson is a better QB, right now, than Opie.

Redskins? Fine. Of the four teams, we have, not one, but two, veteran QB's that know the system. Brunell has proven, that when healthy, he can lead a team to the playoffs. Collins has no (on the field) credentials, but having a 3rd string vet with total command of the playbook ain't too shabby.

So, if nobody gets hurt, I rate the cast as follows...

1. Buckwheat

2. Soul-Glo

3. Goober

4. Opie

Overall strength of the position, including the backups, it's...

1. Redskins

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. Giants

What say you?

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

1. Buckwheat

2. Soul-Glo

3. Goober

4. Opie

1. Redskins

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. Giants

What say you?

The only think I disagree with is where you put the pukes. I'd put them at four...and I'm serious. Romo sits to pee may win them a game here and there, but that defense really sucks...and without Bill around, it'll suck really bad.

The only think I disagree with is where you put the pukes. I'd put them at four...and I'm serious. Romo sits to pee may win them a game here and there, but that defense really sucks...and without Bill around, it'll suck really bad.

I think he was just ranking the strength of the quarterback position, ignoring the rest of the team.

Now, if the starters go down, what have we got?

Eagles? Done.

Giants? Done.

Cowboys? Better off.

Redskins? Fine. Of the four teams, we have, not one, but two, veteran QB's that know the system. Brunell has proven, that when healthy, he can lead a team to the playoffs. Collins has no (on the field) credentials, but having a 3rd string vet with total command of the playbook ain't too shabby.

1. Buckwheat

2. Soul-Glo

3. Goober

4. Opie

1. Redskins

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. Giants

:laugh: :laugh:

1. Buckwheat

2. Soul-Glo

3. Goober

4. Opie

1. Redskins

2. Cowboys

3. Eagles

4. Giants

What say you?

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I can actually smell the homerism from here. Its fun to make predictions and assessments, but nobody on this board believes Campbell isn't in last place in this division. The kid just flat out doesn't have "it". I think with another year of practice, he MIGHT make a decent back up qb in this league, but he's not a starter. Everyone outside of DC knows it.

He's Quincy Carter, without the mushmouth. But with the soul glow.

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

I hear there are some good qb's coming out in next years draft though, so keep your head up.

I can actually smell the homerism from here. Its fun to make predictions and assessments, but nobody on this board believes Campbell isn't in last place in this division. The kid just flat out doesn't have "it". I think with another year of practice, he MIGHT make a decent back up qb in this league, but he's not a starter. Everyone outside of DC knows it.

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

I hear there are some good qb's coming out in next years draft though, so keep your head up.

Another JJ I don't get it post.

The season and education begins this week.

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

Keep holding out for Cowher

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

How can you say hes Quincy Carter?

He doesnt have it? Have you actually ever watched a redskins game other than the cowboys game? Preseason game? If you had, i doubt you would be saying he was Quincy Carter.

JJ your a pip.....

Soul Glo will take your precious Opie behind Floyds and have his way with him.

Goober with that patented dumber than dumb look will shoot himself in the foot with Barney's bullet.

Then Buckwheat will fall and hurt his his knee reaching for some of Aunt B's chunky soup.

Soul Glo becomes Mayor of the East and Mayberry, simple!:1stplace:

I

I was actually thinking this very morning that as of RIGHT NOW, Jason Campbell IS Quincy Carter. JJ actually has hit it on the head. I don't think there's a reason yet to judge him as always going to be a Quincy, but right now, with what little Jason's done in the NFL, this is true.

(Oh, but aside from the mushmouth you also have to remove the drug habit. This gives Jason a much bigger upside.)

I was actually thinking this very morning that as of RIGHT NOW, Jason Campbell IS Quincy Carter. JJ actually has hit it on the head. I don't think there's a reason yet to judge him as always going to be a Quincy, but right now, with what little Jason's done in the NFL, this is true.

(Oh, but aside from the mushmouth you also have to remove the drug habit. This gives Jason a much bigger upside.)

EXACTLY !!!

Again, and the rest of you pay attention.....Chachie = Voice of reason.

What has this guy done other than wear a burgandy jersey to make you all think he's that great? NOTHING. If he were on any other team in the league, none of you would even know his name.

And yes chach, I will admit he seems to have a better head on his shoulders than knucklehead quincy, who was as stupid as he was dumb.

But on the field the two AS OF NOW have the same game. Every once in a while they'd flash a moment of greatness, but it was few and far between the poor decisions or passes at someones feet.

I hear JC has put alot of time into the offseason, maybe it helps him maybe it doesn't. But none of us know. His preseason was identical to last season. He didn't light the world on fire, but he didn't flat out stink either.

Time will tell. As of now, he's quincy II

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

pfffffft

Quincy had numerous opportunities to prove that he could play, he just came up short. Campbell will show you on Sunday why he is NOT a Quincy Carter. He's the new Donovan McNabb of the NFC East. +some superbowls that McNabb DOESN't have.

His preseason was identical to last season. He didn't light the world on fire, but he didn't flat out stink either.

Did you even watch a single preseason game or did you just pull that out of your ass?

Last year preseason

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate

26 51 51.0 270 5.3 0 2 8 58 50.3

This Year preseason

17 27 63.0 233 8.6 1 0 3 20 102.9

His QB rating went up 50 points and his completion percentage went up by 12 percent. If that isn't an improvement then what is?

Did you even watch a single preseason game or did you just pull that out of your ass?

Last year

26 51 51.0 270 5.3 0 2 8 58 50.3

This Year

17 27 63.0 233 8.6 1 0 3 20 102.9

His QB rating went up 50 points and his completion percentage went up by 12 percent. If that isn't an improvement then what is?

:owned:

I hear JC has put alot of time into the offseason, maybe it helps him maybe it doesn't. But none of us know. His preseason was identical to last season. He didn't light the world on fire, but he didn't flat out stink either.

Time will tell. As of now, he's quincy II

Is very different from...

The kid just flat out doesn't have "it". I think with another year of practice, he MIGHT make a decent back up qb in this league, but he's not a starter. Everyone outside of DC knows it.

McNabb

Romo sits to pee

Eli

Campbell.

Which you said earlier. Pretty sure at this point (as you said) time will tell. But most of us who've actually watched his progression have a good feeling about him :)

Archived