Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Gibbs Weekly Spiritual Game Plan

DixieFlatline

I don't share some of Gibbs' key beliefs, but that didn't impede me from thinking "what a great guy" after scanning the first page of the link. Knowing a litle of GIbbs, I "felt" his geunine desire to help and share as opposed to preach and convince--this is obviously speculation on my part, but there it is, and I'm comfortable with its likelihood. I see nothing but positive in the whole thing, including bringing this link to people's attention.

I appreciate SoCalSkins, whom I have butted heads with as a member, for speaking out as he did. He represents a true minority, yet has a legitimate point of view. He knows that is as unpopular as it could be, and that 95% of the people here are going to disagree. His view is certainly not stupid or moronic, but it goes strongly against the majority beliefs and way of looking at things both on religion and Gibbs, so I give him credit and think his points are important to consider. JMO.

Finally---per RedBeast's post and other who may follow--please stay on topic. When it comes to actual discussion of religion, just like politics, we do that in the taigate. :)

Thanks DixieFlatline for posting this link. I knew of Gibbs beliefs, but didn't know about his personal webpage and newsletter. Thanks to your sharing, I'm now on his send list.

Congrats to lowghost on your new gift. May you get some good use out of it.

And finally, what impresses me most about Gibbs is the way he carries himself in front of us all. He's not really doing it for us, as he says, but still it's encouraging for a public eye figure to care so much about people he doesn't even know, hasn't met and probably won't ever meet.

We've been very blessed to have a coach, no person, of this caliber running the team we all love.

I'm one who's not very religious, and I believe that religion should be kept separate from the football field. I think Joe does a great job of separating the two. I do have issue with players who point to the sky like God helped them score or when the players have a massive prayer huddle on the 50 yard line. I just don't see any place for that. You want to pray, go in the lockeroom. It's good to know you guys get alot of inspiration from his weekly emails. Joe is a great coach and great man. I'm glad he came back to steer the franchise in the right direction.

Archived