Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Will Renaldo Be Given the Boot?

method man

Don't hate on Reynaldo.

He is a strong emotional leader on this defense. His presence alone will benefit us. I can promise you that.

I don't think that it is hating to point out that Wynn is not at his peak and is basically a liability out there now.

Also, we don't need another emotional leader out there. All of these emotional leaders are not going to stop RB's like Marion Barber and Brandon Jacobs.

BTW, how is "his presence alone" going to benefit us?

Wynn is a monster run stopper even if he doesn't get to the QB.
He really isn't. At least not in the games that I've seen him play in. In every game that I have seen him this preseason, he is being shoved a side like an irritating mime.

Our rookie DT Anthony Montgomery has definitely surpassed Wynn on the DT depth chart.

Both Daniels and Evans can play both DT and DE as well. In fact, I bet Monty could play some DE too. If Ryan Boschetti can get PT at DE like against Pitt in 2004, I'm sure Monty can as well.

Monty is shaping up to be a Nose tackle.

Monty at DE would be

265 for carter

320 for salavea

320 for golston

340 for montgomery across our line.

I think Renaldo has a place on this team, but he should be lining up in the middle of the line. Golston played well last year, but I am not exactly comfortable with him. I think Wynn would be a great DT. The only argument against it would be his size, but when compared to the rest of the DT's on the roster, he measures up fairly well.

97 Renaldo Wynn DE 33 6-3 292 11 Notre Dame

79 Lorenzo Alexander DT 24 6-3 300 1 California

78 Matthias Askew DT 25 6-5 302 2 Michigan State

73 Ryan Boschetti DT 25 6-4 305 4 UCLA

64 Kedric Golston DT 24 6-4 292 2 Georgia

96 Cornelius Griffin DT 30 6-3 300 8 Alabama

94 Vaka Manupuna DT 25 6-0 300 1 Colorado

94 Anthony Montgomery DT 23 6-5 312 2 Minnesota

95 Joe Salave'a DT 32 6-3 295 9 Arizona

Monty is shaping up to be a Nose tackle.

Monty at DE would be

265 for carter

320 for salavea

320 for golston

340 for montgomery across our line.

Golston is the one they are making into a nose tackle. They had Montgomery cut some so he could be try his hand at being an explosive 3-technique type that this team needs.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/21/AR2007062102056.html

If Renaldo was stopping the run at 2.1 yards a clip, and Daniels was stopping it at 2.7 yards a clip, then who cares where the defense was ranked last year overall?

I'm not saying Wynn should start over Daniels, I'm saying as a situational run stopper, Wynn has value.

But where did you get these stats? And I'll take no. 39 with pass rush threat over a one-dimensional football Michael Ruffin.

I think Renaldo has a place on this team, but he should be lining up in the middle of the line. Golston played well last year, but I am not exactly comfortable with him. I think Wynn would be a great DT. The only argument against it would be his size, but when compared to the rest of the DT's on the roster, he measures up fairly well.

97 Renaldo Wynn DE 33 6-3 292 11 Notre Dame

79 Lorenzo Alexander DT 24 6-3 300 1 California

78 Matthias Askew DT 25 6-5 302 2 Michigan State

73 Ryan Boschetti DT 25 6-4 305 4 UCLA

64 Kedric Golston DT 24 6-4 292 2 Georgia

96 Cornelius Griffin DT 30 6-3 300 8 Alabama

94 Vaka Manupuna DT 25 6-0 300 1 Colorado

94 Anthony Montgomery DT 23 6-5 312 2 Minnesota

95 Joe Salave'a DT 32 6-3 295 9 Arizona

Your numbers are wrong. Where have you been? Golston is approaching NT status at 320 now. With our lack of a decent NT, I would take Golston easily over Wynn

Ryan Clark-When he was here he was good (Not great) and when we lost him,a lot of us cried that we just lost a core player who is MORE than his playing time on the field.

Seems we lost a LB a week ago that we felt the same way about.

Seems we lost a LB a cpl years ago we felt the same about.

James Thrash hasn't lit upp the NFL the last few years BUT !! Some players are worth their wieght in gold off the field.And if they CAN help in a pinch on the field....They are worth even more.

You can't ***** that we let go CORE REDSKINS...and then ask that we cut CORE REDSKINS.

Williams has a very clear plan with the defense, and it apparently is working well.

Williams generates his pass rush from the blitz.

Sure, it would be nice to have someone who could stop the run and pressure the passer from the left side of the DL. We've seen Evans get opportunities, and he's done well. However, this defense begins with stopping the run. Renaldo Wynn is arguably the best run stopper on this team. Add to that he is the longest tenured defensive player, and you want to throw him on the scrap heap?

Tell me something, do you not think every team in the NFC east would be happy to have him on their defense?

Ryan Clark-When he was here he was good (Not great) and when we lost him,a lot of us cried that we just lost a core player who is MORE than his playing time on the field.

Seems we lost a LB a week ago that we felt the same way about.

Seems we lost a LB a cpl years ago we felt the same about.

James Thrash hasn't lit upp the NFL the last few years BUT !! Some players are worth their wieght in gold off the field.And if they CAN help in a pinch on the field....They are worth even more.

You can't ***** that we let go CORE REDSKINS...and then ask that we cut CORE REDSKINS.

We let the useful core skins go like Antonio, Clark, and Marshall, but keep ones that aren't so useful like Renaldo and Brunell.

Williams has a very clear plan with the defense, and it apparently is working well.

Sure, it would be nice to have someone who could stop the run and pressure the passer from the left side of the DL. We've seen Evans get opportunities, and he's done well. However, this defense begins with stopping the run. Renaldo Wynn is arguably the best run stopper on this team. Add to that he is the longest tenured defensive player, and you want to throw him on the scrap heap?

Tell me something, do you not think every team in the NFC east would be happy to have him on their defense?

And I believe this is fundamentally wrong. Every great defense has had pressure from the front four. If you can't get pressure from the front four and are forced to rely on the blitz, you don't have enough guys back there in position to make plays.

Carter is going to have a nice year this year, but, outside of him, I worry where we are going to pressure from.

Unfortunately, you haven't taken into account all factors here, method man. Wynn is currently in the final year of his contract. It is structured such that $1.9M is prorated SB with an $850K base salary. Which means we have to eat 1.9M to get 850K. That is a VERY poor business decision. This does not even factor his on field prowess and locker room charisma. He can play both DE or DT in passing situation which provides needed versatility. He is also know for being a team leader and role model. Wynn is going nowhere.

Unfortunately' date=' you haven't taken into account all factors here, method man. Wynn is currently in the final year of his contract. It is structured such that $1.9M is prorated SB with an $850K base salary. Which means we have to eat 1.9M to get 850K. That is a VERY poor business decision. This does not even factor his on field prowess and locker room charisma. He can play both DE or DT in passing situation which provides needed versatility. He is also know for being a team leader and role model. Wynn is going nowhere.[/quote']

Didn't know the restructured figures. I think our best bet is to just let him leave in FA.

Unfortunately' date=' you haven't taken into account all factors here, method man. Wynn is currently in the final year of his contract. It is structured such that $1.9M is prorated SB with an $850K base salary. Which means we have to eat 1.9M to get 850K. That is a VERY poor business decision. This does not even factor his on field prowess and locker room charisma. He can play both DE or DT in passing situation which provides needed versatility. He is also know for being a team leader and role model. Wynn is going nowhere.[/quote']

Agreed. Wynne is a greater value to the team than stats. You can't put

a price on his intangibles.

Besides...us old car guys have to stick together. :laugh:

Agreed. Wynne is a greater value to the team than stats. You can't put

a price on his intangibles.

Besides...us old car guys have to stick together. :laugh:

I hate when people say this. We have more than enough emotional leaders on defense to replace his presence in the locker room. It's not like we are the Wizards who would be leaderless if they traded Jamison.

People say the same thing about Thrash, but, in my opinion, we keep Thrash around because he produces on special teams. His punt and kickoff coverage skills are phenomenal and, when we call on him in the receiving game, he is as steady-handed as any receiver on this team. He also doesn't cost 3 million a year.

That about sums it up. Renaldo Wynn as a backup is not a problem. Indeed, he could surprise people this year. He and Joe Saleavea attended some private camp this year where they push buses and carry refridgerators and whatnot. (I'm embellishing, but it was very "Worlds Strongest Man-like" in it's regimen.) Both players said it was brutal. I think Wynn said Joe puked. There was a Wash Post article about it but I couldn't find it in the archives or I'd have posted the link. Anyway, I remember being impressed that 2 guys who may have their best years behind them decided to challenge themselves in that "next level" way in order to rededicate their focus to what they do for a living. It also made me confident we'd see an improvement on the d-line in '07.

:jerk: :gus:

He and Joe Saleavea attended some private camp this year where they push buses and carry refridgerators and whatnot. (I'm embellishing, but it was very "Worlds Strongest Man-like" in it's regimen.) Both players said it was brutal. I think Wynn said Joe puked. There was a Wash Post article about it but I couldn't find it in the archives or I'd have posted the link. Anyway, I remember being impressed that 2 guys who may have their best years behind them decided to challenge themselves in that "next level" way in order to rededicate their focus to what they do for a living. It also made me confident we'd see an improvement on the d-line in '07.

Brunell should be on the next bus to that camp. :laugh:

Funny how the exotic blitzes weren't that necessary when he was with the TITans when he had a defensive line that featured the Freak.

If this team had bookend run stuffing/pass rushing DEs those exotic blitzes wouldnt be as numerous

The only worse defensive end at rushing the passer who has a significant role who I can think of is Kenechi Udeze. Over the past few seasons, this guy has been the main reason why we can't get pressure from the DLine. Daniels has at least gotten 11 sacks over the past two seasons. Sure, he is great at stuffing the run but Evans is too at less than 20% of the cost. Yes, he is known as a leader but so are Daniels, Washington, Salavea, Fletcher, and half the defense. Even with his paycut, this guy still makes too much money for the production he gives us on the field. Sooner or later, we need to either give opportunities to guys like Evans and Wilson, draft a DE with a day 1 pick and give him reps, or find an upgrade in FA.

Well you got your wish!! Hope it makes you feel better. Losing players is part of this game, however when the player is a high class person like Renaldo it is hard to understand how someone can get joy from them getting cut.

You my young man most likely have never had to pour your body, soul and energy into a profession that you dearly love, making a committment to a team, organization or community like Mr. Renaldo Winn has. He will be missed by this organization, teamates and fans that truely understand what it takes to be the player and person he is. GOD BLESS YOU RENALDO!!! True Redskin fans have loved your dedication, leadership and community work. We wish you all the best in all that you do and hope you are playing again soon so that more people can see what it means to be a true "Professional NFL Football Player"

HTTR and RENALDO!!! :applause: :cheers:

Well you got your wish!! Hope it makes you feel better. Losing players is part of this game, however when the player is a high class person like Renaldo it is hard to understand how someone can get joy from them getting cut.
I thought it was pretty funny how he compared Wynn to Brunell (ANOTHER solid, experienced backup that any other team in this league would kill to have). Some people just don't get the value of experience and leadership.

The most classless part about this thread is that there's a chance he'll read it. Way to kick a guy when he's down, buddy.

Archived