Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When Will Renaldo Be Given the Boot?

method man

I said this in the Around the NFL thread.

I would pick up Kenard Lang and drop Renaldo Wynn. They could drop Wynn's high salary and gain a better player for less.

Over the last 4 years Lang has 23 sacks and 153 tackles while Wynn has 5.5 sacks and 95 tackles. That's with Lang playing a year at OLB (out of postion) with the Browns.

Even take Andre Carter's career stats. 38 sacks, 203 tackles over 6 years. Same span Lang has 32.5 sacks and 240 tackles.

This should be a no brainer. The Broncos only released Lang because they were going young drafting two DEs high in the draft and they have Elvis Dumervil.

Yeah, i like Lang too! Doesn't he hate us though?

Funny how the exotic blitzes weren't that necessary when he was with the TITans when he had a defensive line that featured the Freak.

If this team had bookend run stuffing/pass rushing DEs those exotic blitzes wouldnt be as numerous

Shhh:shhh: .......that makes too much sense.....this is the master plan where we blitz safeties and linebackers bcos our Dline can't generate a respectable pass rush.....:koolaid:

Well you got your wish!! Hope it makes you feel better. Losing players is part of this game, however when the player is a high class person like Renaldo it is hard to understand how someone can get joy from them getting cut.

You my young man most likely have never had to pour your body, soul and energy into a profession that you dearly love, making a committment to a team, organization or community like Mr. Renaldo Winn has. He will be missed by this organization, teamates and fans that truely understand what it takes to be the player and person he is. GOD BLESS YOU RENALDO!!! True Redskin fans have loved your dedication, leadership and community work. We wish you all the best in all that you do and hope you are playing again soon so that more people can see what it means to be a true "Professional NFL Football Player"

HTTR and RENALDO!!! :applause: :cheers:

I'm a Skins fan not a fan of individual players. When I cheer for the Skins, I cheer for the team as a whole, despite there being players I don't like (ie Brunell). I am not happy that Renaldo as a person got cut, but I am pleased Renaldo the player was finally let go. And get this straight, THIS IS A BUSINESS

Well you got your wish!! Hope it makes you feel better. Losing players is part of this game, however when the player is a high class person like Renaldo it is hard to understand how someone can get joy from them getting cut.

You my young man most likely have never had to pour your body, soul and energy into a profession that you dearly love, making a committment to a team, organization or community like Mr. Renaldo Winn has. He will be missed by this organization, teamates and fans that truely understand what it takes to be the player and person he is. GOD BLESS YOU RENALDO!!! True Redskin fans have loved your dedication, leadership and community work. We wish you all the best in all that you do and hope you are playing again soon so that more people can see what it means to be a true "Professional NFL Football Player"

HTTR and RENALDO!!! :applause: :cheers:

Jesus, sounds like an eulogy...chill old man...it's a business people get cut for young and upcoming players with plenty of potential.... I appreciate what Wynn has brought to the team (no pass rush ability at all, ok run stopping ability though) but it's time to move forward and stop clinging to every freaking veteran player under the sun whose production has been dipping lately and is not worth his contract at this point....wouldn't mind resigning him to vet minimum plus incentives (if he ever meets them)

I thought it was pretty funny how he compared Wynn to Brunell (ANOTHER solid, experienced backup that any other team in this league would kill to have). Some people just don't get the value of experience and leadership.

The most classless part about this thread is that there's a chance he'll read it. Way to kick a guy when he's down, buddy.

Dude, we have MORE THAN ENOUGH leadership on this team. If this were a team like, say the Wizards, that lacked leaders, losing Renaldo's intangibles would hurt. However, on this team, we have Portis, Thrash, our whole O-Line (except for Samuels), Daniels, Griffin, Washington, and Fletcher being leaders in the locker room. And you know what? These guys are in the league, not just becaues they have intangibles, but because they do a good job.

I'm a Skins fan not a fan of individual players. When I cheer for the Skins, I cheer for the team as a whole, despite there being players I don't like (ie Brunell). I am not happy that Renaldo as a person got cut, but I am pleased Renaldo the player was finally let go. And get this straight, THIS IS A BUSINESS

DUde don't waste your breath with these guys...rationale people understand your points.

Just typed its a business 2 minutes ahead of me....great minds.....

The thread starter makes great points - and saw something coming most of us didn't. Not sure I get jumping on him for it? If you don't like Wynn getting the axe, you have a problem with Gibbs and Williams as well, since they made the decision.

Saying a player's on his downside isn't the same thing as being 'down' on the player. And if you guys want to keep borderline players on because of their past contributions, I hope you're ready to suck for the next decade, because other NFL clubs will do what they have to do to keep their talent edge.

Shhh:shhh: .......that makes too much sense.....this is the master plan where we blitz safeties and linebackers bcos our Dline can't generate a respectable pass rush.....:koolaid:

That's the company line though... "You build defenses from the back forward".

Nevermind that it has always been said as: "You build defenses from the line, back."

We'll get our sacks from the corners, safeties and LB's. :stop:

I doubt Kenard Lang has anything left. The only way I would cut Wynn is if we drafted a defensive end next year that played better than he did in camp or we signed a better free agent next year. No reason to do it now.

What do you mean anything left. Kennard Lang never had a full tank to begin with and never should've been drafted in the first round.

Archived