Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

video of campbell hit

drums and skins

I searched, but to no avail.

Does anybody know where there is a video of the nasty hit that injured Campbell's knee? I'm out of state and I couldn't watch the game, so I was forced to listen to Larry's play-by-play. The clip on the front page of the skins doesn't really offer any good view on that. I've seen a picture of the hit, but morbid curiosity makes me want to see the hit (I don't think I'm pissed off enough ;)).

Anyways, has anyone seen a clip of it online? Toressa? I searched youtube and got nothing.

Damn, that looked like it could have been bad. Gibbs was saying in the video that it looks like he got his foot off the ground but it didn't look that way to me, it looks like the guy hits him at the same time that he is planting his left foot while passing the ball.

1/2 a second later and were talking major leg injury out for a full year.

Betts got completely owned too, if he had been pushed back any more it could have been a Theismann with 2 different guys moving his body in 2 different directions. Not good.

That dude needs to be fined. Maybe not too bad a play during the reg. season but thats just BS in Pre-Season.

That guy playing tackle needs to get his head out of his ass also. WTF is he doing just standing there?

I do not believe it was a dirty hit at all. Frankly I am sick of seing these defenders pull up on a QB only to see the ball go flying down field for a huge gain and maybe 6. Kaisel beat his man and went on to do his job. I was there, my heart sank and I was angry, in reflection and after seeing the video I dont think it was in any way intentional.

If it were Carter and this play were on McNair next week I am certain everyone here would change their tune. It may have been a half a second late you cant fault a guy going full steam for that.

:2cents:

I do not believe it was a dirty hit at all. Frankly I am sick of seing these defenders pull up on a QB only to see the ball go flying down field for a huge gain and maybe 6. Kaisel beat his man and went on to do his job. I was there, my heart sank and I was angry, in reflection and after seeing the video I dont think it was in any way intentional.

If it were Carter and this play were on McNair next week I am certain everyone here would change their tune. It may have been a half a second late you cant fault a guy going full steam for that.

you are not supposed to hit the QB that low, how can argue or justify that. he got a penalty and by all accounts he will get fined...the hit was dirty, like it or not....

1) Seeing the replay makes me think he aimed low... the guy wasn't falling. He wasn't engaged with a blocker. He corrected his balance before going after the Quarterback.

2) I agree that letting up on QBs is annoying if the hits are legal... Of course, hitting someone late is not the same as hitting someone around the knee.

3) "His job" isn't to end a QBs season. This can't be continually used as an excuse by the Steelers everytime they eff up someone's knee.

4) I think most reasonable people would acknowledge that even if a Redskin did something like this (unless it was clearly an accident... meaning the player was engaged with another blocker and there is no way he could've prevented it), then it would've been a dirty hit. The Steelers need to address this and so does the NFL.

No one here really thinks he went after that preseason play with the intention to hurt JC or even to attack the knee.

This is not the Cobra Kai people need to lighten up with the rhetoric. The Steelers are not training their defenders go after peoples knees.

To call it a "dirty play" implies that there was malice intent, I will not dispute there was a penalty I will argue that penalty does not equate to dirty.

I think it's interesting that the first thing he does after the hit is stand up to see the result of the play, and he starts walking away from the crumpled heap that was our qb. He had to know he hit him low. I think if it was truly as accidental as he claims he would have started with the apologies more quickly. Kiesel doesn't even LOOK at him (and you know there had to be a scream there somewhere)

A true display of sportsmanship (assuming no injury) would have been to offer a hand pulling him up after the hit and an apology slap. Kiesel didn't care right when it happened.

No one here really thinks he went after that preseason play with the intention to hurt JC or even to attack the knee.

This is not the Cobra Kai people need to lighten up with the rhetoric. The Steelers are not training their defenders go after peoples knees.

To call it a "dirty play" implies that there was malice intent, I will not dispute there was a penalty I will argue that penalty does not equate to dirty.

Disagree.

In my mind, a "dirty play" does not imply malice (necessarily), but recklessness. He wasn't trying to hurt Campbell, but didn't care if he did. That's a dirty play.

i don't know, polamalu is a beast, and had a running start. betts did what he had to do. of course, maybe i'm just giving him extra credit because how putrid he has been in pass blocking before.

He seemed pretty bad in blocking on Saturday. I remember one play where he blocked absolutely no one, while a guy came in untouched off the right side.

Disagree.

In my mind, a "dirty play" does not imply malice (necessarily), but recklessness. He wasn't trying to hurt Campbell, but didn't care if he did. That's a dirty play.

I don't think he was thinking either way. He was just trying to sack him.

I do not believe it was a dirty hit at all. Frankly I am sick of seing these defenders pull up on a QB only to see the ball go flying down field for a huge gain and maybe 6.

That's buullshet....the back of the legs is the most vunerable area...should the NFL allow spearing, elbowing, kicking, kneeing, and Roy Williams tackles too? There are things that can end careers and that hit was one of them. I agree that some of the nfl calls at times are babyish but that doesn't mean the rule shouldn't be there. It needs to be enforced properly, and in this case, suspension or a fine is proper because that was as cheap of a shot you can get. It's practically a cut block.

Oh Boy!

Lets round out the ball and keep it on the ground, going forward no one but the designated goal defender may touch the ball with their hands.

"As cheap a shot as you can get"???? that is outrageous. I was there and have seen the replay it really wasnt that bad. Take away the emotion because it is the quarterback of our team and its just another play.

I can't see the video here at work, so I don't know if you can see this in the clip posted...but I was watching the game live and JC impressed the hell out of me.

In one of the replay angles they show the hit as viewed from behing the line of scrimmage so you can see the downfield action.

JC throws the ball, gets hit and crumples, but he keeps his head up and his eye on the ball the whole time. He's got a guy practically laying on his knee, but he watches the ball until the receiver makes the catch, and only after he sees that he's got a completion does he roll over in pain.

The guy may be green, but he's obviously got a lot of heart.

I think it's interesting that the first thing he does after the hit is stand up to see the result of the play, and he starts walking away from the crumpled heap that was our qb. He had to know he hit him low. I think if it was truly as accidental as he claims he would have started with the apologies more quickly. Kiesel doesn't even LOOK at him (and you know there had to be a scream there somewhere)

A true display of sportsmanship (assuming no injury) would have been to offer a hand pulling him up after the hit and an apology slap. Kiesel didn't care right when it happened.

he went over and apologized to him. When someone is hurt, you dont touch him, it looks bad, it looks like you are making it worse, you let the trainers and physcians who are TRAINED to deal with injuries do their work. When it's clear that he is stable, then you go apologize.

Archived