Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pittsburgh article on the Campbell hit

bricucci

I don't agree with the comments at the end of the article. Saying, "Redskins didn't chirp at Keisel the way the Bengals verbally assaulted von Oelhoffen. Much more was at stake in that playoff game. Palmer was an MVP candidate, not an up-and-coming quarterback like Campbell."

Skins have alot at stakes here this season with Campbell. I am just glad it was not a season ending injury!!!

So the guy justifies the hit on Campbell by saying it might happen to Rothlisberger down the line? C'Mon now...it was a cheap and dirty play. There is NO WAY to justify this hit especially if Keisel gets fined from the league. We are lucky that this is (supposedly) nothing more than a bruise.

Yeah, I think it was trying to show both sides.

One side saying that he wasn't trying to hurt Jason

The Other side say that it wasn't the cleanest of plays and that Steeler fans would agree if it were Ben rolling on the ground there.

That's all.

I lived in Western, PA with a lot of Steeler fans back in college. They are intense, but they aren't jerk fans in general. We saw that yesterday at the tailgate. Its not like Eagle fans or Raider fans where a lot go out of their way to earn that rep. Steeler fans are old school. I like that franchise. Even after last night. I hope they win their division.

I don't like this article at all. It seems to be like "Oh, boo-hoo, the future of your franchise got nailed in the knee. It happens." They seem to be taking the injuries to both Palmer and JC way too lightly. It's football, sure, and I don't think it was intentional, but it IS serious and it IS something they should view as a very bad thing.

Only one man knows what was going through Kiesel's mind or in his heart as he lunged for Campbell. The rest of us will never know. The author of this piece is right--it's football. It happens.

"You know, the way they screamed bloody murder last night when Steelers defensive end Brett Keisel took out the left knee of Washington Redskins quarterback Jason Campbell in the first quarter of the Steelers' 12-10 exhibition win at FedEx Field.

You would be wrong, just as those angry Redskins fans were wrong."

It sounds like he's saying here that Kiesel didn't do it intentionally. How does he know?

Yeah, it's football, but it's still wrong if you intentionally try to injure someone. Not saying that Kiesel did.

Jason Campbell was injured by an intentional illegal move. That's a fact.

It doesn't matter that he wasn't trying to put Campbell in the hospital.

Are the horsecollars by Roy Williams any less dirty because of his intentions? No. It's a dirty move, and so was this.

Injuries are part of the game, but not when they come from cheap shots. That's why they make them illegal.

There was no excuse for what he did. It was wrong. Everyone knows it, and we have every right to be upset.

I understand the article but I don't agree with lunging at the knees. He would not have gotten the sack and should have eased up especially with this being a preseason game. I mean its like he tried to go through his leg. I mean grab some of the waist or the upper portion of the leg and you would have a much better chance of sacking the QB. Or just grabbing his ankles for that matter but he put his shoulder pad flush on the knee. Whatever, I know I'm just pissed and it wasn't intentional. You just don't want to see that happen to your QB you know.

it's football. It happens.

What does this mean, though? Everyone knows injuries happen in football. It's HOW the injuries happen that makes people react the way they do. Which explains the difference in reaction to Marcus Washington's injury and Campbell's.

Campbell got injured by a play that is illegal. I doubt any Skins fans thought the defensive player was thinking "I got a free shot at Campbell's knee! Cool!". The guy HAD to know he was going for Campbell around his knees, though...and he had to know it was not allowed precisely for the reasons we witnessed. Add to that the fact that it was a preseason game...and yeah, it's to be expected that fans would react with fear, frustration and even some anger thrown in.

I'm so mad, I want that dirty player banned for the year. It's wreckless endangerment, to me. Should be a cardinal offense. That football is dangerous is not an excuse. It is the reason. BECAUSE football is dangerous, every precaution should be taken, every rule put in place and enforced strictly to make sure players do not behave wrecklessly towards one another. Hits that are illegal should be treated as illegal. Hits that are illegal and can potentially end careers should be severely punished.

What bothers me with this read is, the guy tends to play down Jason as just an up and comming QB, and because he doesn't have a Superbowl ring, it would be far worse to have a QB like Ben injured who has one.

What a pecker head.............

Yes it is football.

However you can not leave your feet to lunge at the qbs knees.

THAT is DIRTY football.

At least in my mind.

I agree...if you watch the reply, he whole body was below campbell's waist...meant it or not still a cheap shot and I hope the NFL takes further wactions with fines...

"righted himself enough to lunge at Campbell's left leg"

End of article. You don't purposely hit low on a quarterback, he wasn't blocked into his knee, that you could understand. He purposely dove at Campbell's knee which is an illegal hit.

yep, you nailed it.

Archived