Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Bugel (from Wade Phillips' press conference)

Angus

At his press conference today, Phillips was asked:

Any players you’re especially looking at Sat?

Not really, in the coaches meetings we go over every player, every day. We say who’s the best, the worst, who moved up and down, then we change it the next day, its constant evaluation. Sometimes coaches get mad at players and put them at bottom, only to bring them up the next day (chuckles). Joe Bugel used to do that.

Do you have any coaches like Bugel?

Our coaches are pretty consistent. We use to call him Moderation Joe, because he did nothing in moderation. One story - in a meeting we evaluated players and he said one player was the was the worst on the team. Next day we had a meeting and said we needed to cut an o-line guy, so we’d cut the guy Bugel had called out. He jumped up and said, you can’t do that, he’s the heart of team, one of the best guys we have. We used to kid him after that, but he’s a great coach.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/

I ******* hate the cowboys.

I wish these words would of been Wade Phillips' last, even if they are good towards Buges.

Rot in Hell Cowpukes

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters. Let the filters do their job. Veiled profanity is unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or not at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while "*****, “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Seriously. Tell this JERK not to even TALK about one of our coaches until he wins a super bowl. You don't here Gibbs talking about any other coaches do you?

That's CLASS.

Dude he told a little anecdote about Buges. He wasn't putting him down, just laughing about one of his interesting quirks. People that are friends or even just a step above acquaintances do that and nobody takes offense if they have any sort of sense of humor. Chill out.

Seriously. Tell this JERK not to even TALK about one of our coaches until he wins a super bowl. You don't here Gibbs talking about any other coaches do you?

That's CLASS.

What does this have anything to do class? He's not disrespecting Bugel and he didn't say anything inappropriate?

I bet Wade would hire Buges in a heart beat if he was available

So, you agree with the rest of the idiots who find this story somehow insulting to Bugel?

Bugel is one of the top O-line coaches of all time. Pretty much any head coach would at least consider him for a job.

You know, if Gregg Williams gets fired this year, I bet he gets a few interviews for jobs in the NFL.

So' date=' you agree with the rest of the idiots who find this story somehow insulting to Bugel?[/quote']

Did I say I did?

Bugel is one of the top O-line coaches of all time. Pretty much any head coach would at least consider him for a job.

I didn't say "consider" I said HIRE' date=' WHY?? because considering how crappy the Dallas OL has been the past few seasons under their current OL coach, Buges would be a huge upgrade. While Buges is one of the best OL coaches ever, I doubt if many teams would drop the current coach to hire Buges at this point...

You know, if Gregg Williams gets fired this year, I bet he gets a few interviews for jobs in the NFL.

uh OK, what exactly does that have to do with what Wade said about Buges, or Wade would hire Buges?

I didn't say "consider" I said HIRE, WHY?? because considering how crappy the Dallas OL has been the past few seasons under their current OL coach, Buges would be a huge upgrade. While Buges is one of the best OL coaches ever, I doubt if many teams would drop the current coach to hire Buges at this point...

They just promoted their O-line coach to assistant head coach. So...I doubt they are currently in the market for an O-line coach.

And I never got the impression they had bad o-line play. They were middle of the pack in rushing offense last year (13th) and top five in passing offense (5th).

They were 13th in sacks allowed last year, which was a big improvement over 2005.

Of course, they also no longer had a statue at QB in 2006. When Drew Bledsoe is your QB, you are going to have sacks. Bledose was sacked 140 times in three years in Buffalo. That's what he does; he gets sacked.

Archived