Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Bugel (from Wade Phillips' press conference)

Angus

They just promoted their O-line coach to assistant head coach. So...I doubt they are currently in the market for an O-line coach.

And I never got the impression they had bad o-line play. They were middle of the pack in rushing offense last year (13th) and top five in passing offense (5th).

They were 13th in sacks allowed last year' date=' which was a big improvement over 2005.

Of course, they also no longer had a statue at QB in 2006. When Drew Bledsoe is your QB, you are going to have sacks. Bledose was sacked 140 times in three years in Buffalo. That's what he does; he gets sacked.[/quote']

They promoted him to call plays... which now has been scrapped from all accounts. And since Buges is not available their isn't anyway to prove my point, but his coaching abilities in the OL isn't very impressive, and is regularly the only negative most "experts" point out as a problem with Dallas offense

Dallas OL has been by far the worse OL in the NFC East the past couple years

The three stats that really shows how well an OL is playing is

Sacks, the Pokes gave up 37 (21 with Mr. Mobile Tony Romo sits to pee), 20th in the league. They gave up 50 the year before.. with Bledsoe... even though it was Bledso, still way too many.... and that doesn't even tell much pressure the pokes OL allows and the number of fumbles were caused by that pressure, which both Romo sits to pee and Bledsoe had a bunch (something that concerns you after our first preseason game, according to a post in OM's recap thread)

Total Yards rushing 13th

YPC 15th (according to Randy Galloway a poke local beat reporter that stat is skewed a little by Jones having one huge run, that would have but the YPC avg down a few more spots)

in 05

Sacks 29th

Total Yards rushing 13th

YPC 26th

they have given up more sacks both in 05, and 06 than the Arizonia Cardinals

for a team who wants to think they are a SB contender, they will have to be better than than middle to bottom rated in those stats

Theres nothing to argue about - sheesh guys, whats with the compulsive need to turn even the mildest thing into an argument. If you can't see that Wade ADMIRES Bugel, you're not paying attention.

It is the testosterone thing.

Sometimes people have to thump their chests even if there is no reason to thump.

;);)

We'll just see who has the better oline this season. I don't think there's any question about who the best oline coach in the NFC east, if not the entire NFL is.

The performance of past olines speaks for themselves as will the performance of this year's oline. For the record, I don't think Phillips was trying to diss coach Bugel, but it's gonna be fun watching him eat some crow...

They just promoted their O-line coach to assistant head coach. So...I doubt they are currently in the market for an O-line coach.

And I never got the impression they had bad o-line play. They were middle of the pack in rushing offense last year (13th) and top five in passing offense (5th).

They were 13th in sacks allowed last year' date=' which was a big improvement over 2005.

Of course, they also no longer had a statue at QB in 2006. When Drew Bledsoe is your QB, you are going to have sacks. Bledose was sacked 140 times in three years in Buffalo. That's what he does; he gets sacked.[/quote']

Please, if we put up those numbers you would be on here telling everybody how terrible our line is. When their line is hitting on all cylinders it is mediocre.

Seriously. Tell this JERK not to even TALK about one of our coaches until he wins a super bowl. You don't here Gibbs talking about any other coaches do you?

That's CLASS.

Superbowl? How about him and his Brokeback Boys win a playoff game. Phillips hasn't won one yet, and Brokeback hasn't seen the 2nd round in over a decade.

Archived