Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Completion Percentage, you worried?

Dumbsheet

Completion percentage. If you look at the barometer of what seperates a palyoff quaterback from an average to below quarterback, it appears anything below 58% is not good.

If we look at Tony Romo sits to pee (and I wont bring up the 95 rating), his pct over his career is over 65%. Then look at him the other night against the Colts...he was 10 of 11 (91%). All the other dallas backups were also over 60%. Last year Romo sits to pee went to playoffs and probowl.

Now we look at Campvbell. He was what, 6-14? That's 42%. Last year he was 53%, and he went 2-5.

Now if we look at the top qbs from last year, and their percentages:

Tom Brady, 62%

Peyton Manning, 65%

Drew Brees, 64%

Rothliesberger, 60%

Pennington, 65%

And now the bottom feeders:

Kradkowski, 54%

Derek Anderson, 55%

Andrew Walter, 53%

Cambell, 53%

Vick, 52%

The only exception between bad teams having qbs with bad (below 58%) ratings and good teams having qbs with good (above 58%) ratings is Rex Grossman...and his is explained with the team's dominant defense.

So, given that Romo sits to pee is already settled in as pretty much a solid, above 60% (even 65%) kind of guy and Campell has finished above 55% just once in 7 (8 if you count Saturday) starts, does this concern anyone? Is the dude just not accurate? Is 53-55% gonna be his norm? And if so, would you feel confident about that as the future of your quaterback?

And I'll hang up and listen.

I hear ya and you decent thoughts. Allow the young kid some time. He got his feet wet last year, and now it's time to put it all together.

If you look at the bottom feeders, all the teams are below average. We have better talent then those treams and their receivers, let's hope we put it all together.

JC completed over 60% in college so we know he can be accurate,

That means absolutely nothing. Let's look at what he's done in the pro game. It's not pretty. Danny Wuerffle was a college QB stud, and look at his pro game credentials.

JC is a great guy and we all root for him, but you'd be a fool not to be concerned at his low completion percentage, his ineffectiveness at going downfield, and his inability to read defenses and blitzes.

I think the fumbles were a one game deal, but if he continues to lose the ball, that's another concern we need to add to the list.

I'm not giving up on JC, but I was against drafting him in the first round and have yet to see anything to make me change my mind.

Hail,

H

That means absolutely nothing. Let's look at what he's done in the pro game. It's not pretty. Danny Wuerffle was a college QB stud, and look at his pro game credentials.

JC is a great guy and we all root for him, but you'd be a fool not to be concerned at his low completion percentage, his ineffectiveness at going downfield, and his inability to read defenses and blitzes.

I think the fumbles were a one game deal, but if he continues to lose the ball, that's another concern we need to add to the list.

I'm not giving up on JC, but I was against drafting him in the first round and have yet to see anything to make me change my mind.

Hail,

H

Press Release from the Redskins:

JC would like to let everyone know that he appreciates HailSkinz1 not giving up on him yet. Impressing HailSkinz1 is now JC's #1 priority. JC will not rest until HailSkinz1 is impressed and happy.

Campbell was not accurate last year. He consistently missed open receivers a few times each game.

what do u expect when u didn't get months of practice with the first team?

RELAX, that was December, its 8 months later... Young players have the ability to improve... thats how it works.

Worrying about JC is a waste of time. He's young and hasn't played much and will no doubt be up and down but he is our qb. I mean, there are no other options. Brunell? Please. Great guy but he's so clearly done. Gibbs putting him in for any other reason than an injury to JC would probably result in some kind of interference from Danny. Collins? Maybe as a number two, but too limited physically to win many games.

JC is our guy. And I think he's going to be just fine. You know, if the line doesn't get him killed.

Press Release from the Redskins:

JC would like to let everyone know that he appreciates HailSkinz1 not giving up on him yet. Impressing HailSkinz1 is now JC's #1 priority. JC will not rest until HailSkinz1 is impressed and happy.

Well thank you JC and the Redskins. It's about time you started listening to someone who makes sense. ;) How long has SkinsTerps26 been the Redskins PR head???

Just making the point that I'm not throwing in the towel on JC despite my reservations. This is a message board and we all have our own opinions, okay.

Hail,

H

Well just because he's the best in the game look at Mannings stats vs. Campbells stats. U mentioned him as having the best % (tied with Pennington) so start and end there.

We want to use the best because then we can see what were up against....and how far the gap is.

Im not counting pre-season because 91% by Romo sits to pee is an aberration...no doubt. Were talking reg.season only.

Thru his 1st 16 games of his career P.Manning had a 56% completion rate. Thru 7 games J.Campbell had a 52%. QB's dont get great overnight...some are great from the getgo and some are not.

Not that big of a deal. I think it would be more fair to judge Campbell after this season rather than after a preseason game.

I like how you compared Jason Campbell, 1 rookie, 2 other players getting their first starts ever and a running back, to guys who have been starters for at least one year in the NFL.

Yes the completion % is a concern. But Jason is just entering his second year of starting. Give the man some time, at least a couple of games. Please!

what do u expect when u didn't get months of practice with the first team?

RELAX, that was December, its 8 months later... Young players have the ability to improve... thats how it works.

I understand that he can improve. Smooter said Campbell was "very accurate" last year, and that simply wasn't true.

I understand that he can improve. Smooter said Campbell was "very accurate" last year, and that simply wasn't true.

true but so did most hall of famers during their first 10-16 starts. New season my friend, let him show what he can do (with a healthy o line of course)

83' marino would have looked like david carr with that line. no protection at all.

1 Preseason game and 7 regular games and were already making predictions...wow

Not predicting anything. Just asking if youre all worried. No problemo, I'll put you down as "not worried" and I'll check back later to see if taht's still status quo.

But for the record, I'd be worried.

Tis all.

Completion percentage. If you look at the barometer of what seperates a palyoff quaterback from an average to below quarterback, it appears anything below 58% is not good.

If we look at Tony Romo sits to pee (and I wont bring up the 95 rating), his pct over his career is over 65%. Then look at him the other night against the Colts...he was 10 of 11 (91%). All the other dallas backups were also over 60%. Last year Romo sits to pee went to playoffs and probowl.

Now we look at Campvbell. He was what, 6-14? That's 42%. Last year he was 53%, and he went 2-5.

Now if we look at the top qbs from last year, and their percentages:

Tom Brady, 62%

Peyton Manning, 65%

Drew Brees, 64%

Rothliesberger, 60%

Pennington, 65%

And now the bottom feeders:

Kradkowski, 54%

Derek Anderson, 55%

Andrew Walter, 53%

Cambell, 53%

Vick, 52%

The only exception between bad teams having qbs with bad (below 58%) ratings and good teams having qbs with good (above 58%) ratings is Rex Grossman...and his is explained with the team's dominant defense.

So, given that Romo sits to pee is already settled in as pretty much a solid, above 60% (even 65%) kind of guy and Campell has finished above 55% just once in 7 (8 if you count Saturday) starts, does this concern anyone? Is the dude just not accurate? Is 53-55% gonna be his norm? And if so, would you feel confident about that as the future of your quaterback?

And I'll hang up and listen.

Always proving your name....you do realize...it was a preseaon game...missing 2 key players.....and at least 2 VERY catchable balls dropped. Or did all those facts escape you.

I like how you compared Jason Campbell, 1 rookie, 2 other players getting their first starts ever and a running back, to guys who have been starters for at least one year in the NFL.

Yes the completion % is a concern. But Jason is just entering his second year of starting. Give the man some time, at least a couple of games. Please!

Are you crazy? Every incompletion Campbell throws is a kick in the nuts to Redskins nation. This is unacceptable to me & every Redskin fan. If he goes 5 for 12 against the Steelers Saturday he should be benched. No wait, released outright. He clearly won't be able to lead this team to glory ever. We need someone like Tony Romo sits to pee, who sat on the bench for 4 years & went 10 of 11 in the first preseason game of the season. We'll gloss over the fact that only one of his throws (the incompletion) traveled longer than 6 yards in the air. Because if we included that, we wouldn't be able to decree that the Redskin season is over before Madden comes out on.......

Step off the ledge people, it'll be all right.

Archived