Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

thumbs up, thumbs down.. who looked good.. who didnt (merged)

monte55coleman

Thumbs up:

1. London Fletcher - We all knew he was a seasoned veteran who led the Bills with like 150+ tackles each year, but man.. his intensity today just blew me away. Our defense is in sure hands with him patrolling the field as our MLB. If he caught that first interception it would have been a nice start for the Redskins defense, but it's good to know that this man won't miss many tackles.

2. Anthony Montgomery (Defensive tackle play in general)- He blew up the center a few times, and our defensive tackles overall looked fresh and healthy. THey were keeping the linebackers clean and allowing them to swarm to the ball. Joe Salavea and Golston (batted pass which LFB dropped) also looked good. Any reasons why Golston was playing in the third and fourth quarter? Isn't he supposed to start?

3. Todd Collins - 5 for 5, threw some nice deep passes over the middle and got our offense and team some much needed momentum starting out the preseason.

4. Chris Wilson (backup defensive ends in general) Number 77 was just tearing up the Titans' backup olineman. He made a nice stop on a running play, he drew a holding penalty toward the end of the game on a stunt, and he suprisingly got some pressure using a bull rush, despite being undersized. I thought Buzbee and Hickman also looked good in limited duty. Hickman made a heads up play in pushing Rattay away from the fumbled snap, which ultimately allowed Westbrook to score.

5. Laron Landry- Man.. I hope Gregg Williams blitzes him as much as he can. He crushed Collins on that one blitz. He seems like an explosive tackler and will make a difference in stuffing the run and getting some pressure.

Thumbs DOWN:

1. Jon Jansen (Redskins Right side in general) Jansen did not play well today. He was blown off the ball and was getting pushed back by undersized defensive ends like Antwan Odom. He also failed to pick up a stunt. Randy Thomas didn't look like his old self, as we didn't pick up many yards when we ran behind them.

2. Mark Brunell - He is awful.

3. Jason Fabini- Looked horrible.

4. Shaun Suisham - Missed a 47 year field goal and had a kickoff go out of bounds. I think he had one go out of bounds last week as well.. Not good.

5. Ade Jimoh - You know I love him as a special teams gunner, but in coverage, he's as good as burnt toast.

So - so: Stephon Heyer, Todd Wade, Redskins Starting secondary. Wade and Heyer held up in pass blocking, but we struggled as a whole in the running game.

Also it was nice to see Clinton jumping up and down when we got that second surprise touchdown. The way he was jumping, it didn't look like his tendonitis is that serious.

Thumbs Up

Defense (shades of 2005!)

Jason Campbell (not bad...he'll be fine!)

No "vanilla" play calling (that was BS last year anyway)

No injuries!!!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs Down

Offensive Live (They are going to get Jason killed if they don't adjust, also Chris Samuels was out)

Wade was falling on his butt a awfull lot he didn't look good. Heyer looked good in pass pro but he did mis read his assingment on the corner blitz he also got ZERO push in the run game nobody got any push though. Jansen is the most dissapointing by farrrrrrrrr though. Last year I saw him get pushed around by everybody and I made excuses in my head for him thinking he had two broken thumbs all offseason and couldn't lift weights and that was why he looked so weak :doh: Looks like thats not the problem though somebody needs to get him some HGH or have Brian Mitchell dog him out on the radio everyday and try to light a fire under his pre madonna butt.

obviously the running game and the o-line are of a concern.. it seems like it's always something, eh? i mean..last year they were both great..this year..not so much..

defense played pretty solid..unfortunately, no sacks or turnovers..those should be coming in pre-season games, which tend to be sloppier than a regular season game..

jason did okay..no matter what he does, he won't exceed our expectations..until we win the super bowl w/our latest #17...

1st game jitters w/the team?..we will get better in every aspect...overall..we won..and i can't complain too much..and i'm a happy guy!

HAIL!!!

The good thing is Jason Campbell DOES INDEED look ALOT BETTER...its just that the first string o-line was doing a horrible job pickin up blocks... We had a whole new left side due to the departure of chris dockery and injured Chris Samuels...

But with that aside i liked how London Fletcher was looking today.

Thumbs up D. I hope I lose the sig bet I made a 2 months ago and if they play like this all year I may, although the turnovers will be close.

Beside the obvious O-line problems, I didn't see our receivers getting open early on. They get a thumbs down.

I'm hopeful the defense will do well this season. Fletcher look good.

I was disappointed with the offense line and Campbell not holding on to the ball. Granted the O-line got beat, but he shouldn't have fumbled three times. I think he'll learn from it though.

The thing that worries me most is Saunder's playbook. It just didn't work...

The DLine I liked...Lots of positive plays

London Fletcher is just what the Doctor ordered

I agree with Die Hard about the cornerbacks playing too soft again. How bad are the CBs this year? I thought we upgraded, and they would be more aggressive.

Offense is going to struggle at the skill positions because the OLine is simply not ready to for top competition. Hopefully it will get better faster than it did last year.

This team is notorious for slow starts in the season...Jansen seems the king of dragging his butt into playing shape.

Archived