Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Derrick Dockery is looking BAD in tonight's Pre Season game(Another Mod Edited Title)

Gibbs!We!Trust!

It had nothing to do with cap. It had everything to do with value. The Bills, who never come anywhere near the cap, just paid way too much for the guy. Maybe Marv really is starting to go a little senile.

You misunderstood me. When you're up against the cap, it makes it harder to lock up your young talent early. We should have extended Dock before last season -- he wasn't totally proven yet, but we knew he was a serviceable starter. You don't let your solid young players go into their final season of their contract if you want to resign them -- chances are A) they're just going to get more expensive and/or B)they're going to sign elsewhere.

And that's why I'm getting so worried about Cooley.

I was thinking the same thing when i saw Dock playing tonight. definitely not looking with the Bills O-line.

one of the first things that I ever remember being said about Pro football is that it takes several weeks for an O-line that hasn't played together to come together..I wouldn't judge things yet..

but I do think Buffalo is in for a hard crash from the hype that is coming out of Orchard Park..

been through that before..and it is no fun :dallasuck

]']Lets hope we pull another Fred Smoot. Give him two years in a terrible city' date=' then bring him back home.[/quote']

Wait till winter hits, and that Eire wind picks up a bit, with the little balls of frozen water flying horizontally into his face, he will wish he was back in DC. The Bills stadium has to be one of the coldest places on earth and even beats several places off the earth.

You misunderstood me. When you're up against the cap, it makes it harder to lock up your young talent early. We should have extended Dock before last season -- he wasn't totally proven yet, but we knew he was a serviceable starter. You don't let your solid young players go into their final season of their contract if you want to resign them -- chances are A) they're just going to get more expensive and/or B)they're going to sign elsewhere.

And that's why I'm getting so worried about Cooley.

To be honest, I am not sure how "serviceable" people thought of Dock going into the 2006 season

Hell there are several posts by respected members of this board in early 2006 talking about how we most likely will let him go (speculation of course, but based on performance)

He has a great ending to 2006 and poof 17 million. Prior to the 2006 season I would have given him no more then Rabach's contract, if that

I tell you who doesnt look terrible... Reggie Bush. Dude's got skillz.

Drew Brees is on target as well. The Saints offense is so fun to watch.

I love when Bush tries to juke and then gets rocked and gets all pissed off. He could do it in college but not in the NFL.

He has a great ending to 2006 and poof 17 million. Prior to the 2006 season I would have given him no more then Rabach's contract, if that

And maybe that would have locked him up at the time. That was my point. And right now, our starting o-line would be the same as last year -- with a proven tackle in Wade backing up Jansen and Samuels.

I'm sure Cooley's agent is asking for a contract that would make him the highest paid tight end in football. And we should pay it because tight end salaries aren't nuts yet -- but soon will be most likely. And because if he Cooley has a year like we all think he will, he's just going to be more expensive. And some team with a lot more cap room might just offer him an absurd deal we can't match.

it didn't make sense to lock up Dockery in 2005 because he had not yet shown the jump in his game that he showed in 2006.

at that point we could have payed a lot for a 'pig in a poke'.

Dockery's situation in that regard is NOT like Chris Cooley's.

Cooley has already produced at a high level and we need to lock him up as soon as possible.

And maybe that would have locked him up at the time. That was my point. And right now, our starting o-line would be the same as last year -- with a proven tackle in Wade backing up Jansen and Samuels.

The way he looked at the end of '05 and the beginning of '06, he was more likely to be let go than locked up.

Looks like he's proving his late '06 form was a fluke.

Archived