Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This pic brought a tear of joy to my eye

ThePreciating

Did anyone watch that play? Rocky looked stupid, Taylor went to put his helmet on the ball and missed and Landry grabbed Heap and held onto him until other players arrived to take him down. I LOVE Taylor and Landry but I hope i never ever see them both arrive at a ball carrier at the same time and get owned like that.

Heap should have been a heap on the field. Instead he walked away smiling.

I agree, that was a very poor play on our part. Looks like Rocky covers the TE just about as well as LaVar did, which is to say not at all.

ive never seen a website with more debbie downers....

Well, this has been a complaint of ours for a little while... :laugh:

People start to get a little too fascinated with big hits when, in all reality, what good do they do if they're at the end of a big play. There was no fumble, there was no change of possession... what good does it do? It hasn't stopped anyone in the past from going right at Taylor.

For goodness sake people that was TODD HEAP!!!. Easily the number 3 TE in the league. So of course he was going to get Rocky, which lead to him being open. Now I know that Taylor and Landry are hitters but they weren't trying to hit on that play they were going for the ball. Was that a good thing, probably not, but I don't even care it was just a scrimmage.

For goodness sake people that was TODD HEAP!!!. Easily the number 3 TE in the league. So of course he was going to get Rocky, which lead to him being open. Now I know that Taylor and Landry are hitters but they weren't trying to hit on that play they were going for the ball. Was that a good thing, probably not, but I don't even care it was just a scrimmage.

Thank you, someone with a non-downer state of mind that can make a rational thought on a picture from a preseason SCRIMMAGE, not even a preseason game

agreed

anyone remember the hit thats pictured here? was it good? or does the picture dramatize it

Rocky was gaurding Heap down the field, he was behind him and when the ball came Rocky thought it was overthrown so he jumped up to pick it but Heap caught it and ran past him. Then Taylor came in and hit him, then Landry came, then a bunch of other people came. Hit wasn't that great, but it was a 260 pound TE, one of the best in the league in the open field in a scrimmage so it doesn't really matter.

Rocky was gaurding Heap down the field, he was behind him and when the ball came Rocky thought it was overthrown so he jumped up to pick it but Heap caught it and ran past him. Then Taylor came in and hit him, then Landry came, then a bunch of other people came. Hit wasn't that great, but it was a 260 pound TE, one of the best in the league in the open field in a scrimmage so it doesn't really matter.

ROcky went for the tackle and Heap just ran through him. He did not run past him he ran THROUGH him.

ROcky went for the tackle and Heap just ran through him. He did not run past him he ran THROUGH him.

Exactly. People keep saying that Rocky went for the pic, but he really just tried to tackle him way up high and missed. Those darn B&G colored glasses.

oh my god guys , cry much? ... WoW get over it , it was a scrimmage AND heap is a top tier TE in the NFL , he IS gonna Catch passes , our defense is not gonna stop everything , its what you do and HOW hard you make someone pay for catching those passes that will be going through their mind next time ~ not only that at least he got tackled and not ran over like some of us did last year ...

My god people. Rocky did not get run over. Like the poster said earlier, he jumped for the ball that heap had caught. As soon as he got his feet back on the ground, Heap already made his move and got by Rocky. If that is getting run over to you, you are ignorant to the game of football. Then we see LL and ST converge on the tackle. Which is great seeing BOTH our safeties coming up and making plays, instead of just one. Then we complain that it took 5 of our players to make the tackle. Last time i checked, its good to have your defense SWARMING to the ball to make the sure tackle. Its amazing how many people on here are so football dumb.

Archived