Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Staying committed to the skins and your dreams

skinfansince63

Hey REDSKIN FANS, all is not lost after most of our second, third and no string players were out played by another team during a glorified practice (scrimmage). Yes, I am a HOMER! Born and raised in Southeast Washington. A die hard Redskin fan since forever! I sport the rose (burgundy) colored glasses and love every minute of it.

Other fans laugh at the loyalty of a true Redskin fan because they can’t understand how we can come back year after year; with a devotion they say can’t be justified. They say “just give up” they don’t know how we can stay devoted to a team that has dashed our hopes and dreams over and over for 15 years. They would choose another team, in fact some are on their second or third team or they have one or two “2nd favorite teams” for when their team is down and out. You know the type, the ones that have several other team jerseys someone “happened to give them” for their birthday or Christmas or whenever, except they only put them on when their team is not winning.

They don’t understand “We bleed burgundy and gold”. As Jack Kent Cook said: We are and always will be “The best damn fans in the world, REDSKIN FANS”

I know that this season will be a good one. You see when Gibbs came back in 2004 he made a commitment to this team, this city and this fan base to turn the team around and get it headed back in the right direction. Unlike many fans thought, he never said it would happen overnight, rather he said that it was most likely going to be the hardest thing he has ever tried to do. Mistakes have been made, the coaching staff knows this and they have made a commitment to correct those mistakes.

You see I know how that feels, I made a commitment at the same time. In 2004 right after I found out that Gibbs was coming back I purchased a 1984 Porsche 944 for $250 that was “tore up from the floor up” and made a commitment that I would spend the time, effort and money to make it a tribute to my one and only team “The Redskins”. It has been a slow process, it has taken over three years, more money then I will let my wife know about and believe me she has asked, to finish what I set out to do.

I thought it would be easy, I thought I would get it done the first year, paint job, an airbrush mural on the hood that took 24 hours of quality work to complete. Had the interior redone, burgundy and gold of course, spared no expense, then it happened, looked good but the engine failed, broke the timing belt (you guys and some gals know what that means) all eight valves bent. Remember this is a Porsche, an old classic Porsche; engine work is not cheap even when you do it yourself. I felt like that first team, high expectations only to fall way short, but just like the team, the coaching staff and Gibbs I would not give up. I saved; I searched junk yards and web sites continuing to build on my “dream”.

The 2nd year I made strides, just like the skins and it looked good. Then came last year and I just knew I would get it completed for the Skins run to greatness. Well just like the team, I had made a mistake, the paint started to fade and peal, I had chosen the wrong body shop and they had not completed the paint job by going down to bare metal and priming the car, just roughed the paint and shot it. I had let my guard down, did not watch close enough, just like the Skins last year.

Well three months ago after researching I found the right body shop, just like the Redskins during the off season, I replaced fenders; (Smooooooooot) creating a smooth look, rebuilt engine; (Jason and the Offense), parts that fit; (Smoot and Fletcher), looks good runs good, (Portis and Betts), The bottom line, IT IS DONE! I know I was able to complete it now because this is the year! This is when it was meant to be done! Always remember, WE ARE REDSKIN FANS! We will never give up, we will never back down. “Fight on fight on till you have won, sons of Washington” I just got it back from the custom paint shop; a picture is worth a thousand words. Ladies and Gentlemen I present “MRRDSKN”

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

:cloud9: :1stplace: :party: :party:

:party: :chestram: :chestram: :chestram:

:high5: :high5: :high5: :high5: :dance:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :drool: :drool:

:drool: :drool: :drool: :allhail: :wave:

:grouphug:

:dj:

:peaceout: :king: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Yes, I am a HOMER! Born and raised in Southeast Washington. A die hard Redskin fan since forever!

You see when Gibbs came back in 1994

In 1994 right after I found out that Gibbs was coming back

Clearly there's a rip in the space-time continuum at your house.

All I can say is wow, nice work!

I showed my wife the pictures and before I said anything about it, she said "NO!". I'm surprised she didn't roll up a newspaper and hit me on the head with it. :laugh:

I like the parallel. I'm looking forward to watching the team give me the same impression the pics of your car did. It'll be great to look back at the upcoming season and say wow, nice work!

I agree with your commitment and I also became a fan in the 60's, when there hadn't even been a winning season in many years.

Hey Fan

I was born in South East also. Our house used to sit where the Riggs Bank now stands on South Capitol St., 1 block south of Atlantic St. We used to go to the old Atlantic Theater when we were kids and then when it was a night club (Someplace Else) back in the 70's.

Archived