Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Dallas Cowboys Have To Be......

CAMPBELL2MOSS4SIX

Well put it this way, how would you have felt last year, if Gibbs stepped down -- after winning in the playoffs in 2005 -- and made Greg Williams the head coach?

Do you think it would be a seemless transition - in which, Williams would take the Redskins to the SuperBowl?

trying to talk logically with THA is a waste of time

the sun revolves around Valley Ranch in his fantasy world :laugh:

trying to talk logically with THA is a waste of time

the sun revolves around Valley Ranch in his fantasy world :laugh:

Bubba, if Gibbs stepped down after his playoff appearence in 2005, and Williams took over, would you have expected the Redskins to goto the superbowl?

To me, it's like the media didn't get the memo about Parcells leaving town- wait until week 1, when the media figures out that he's no longer there "hey where in the world did Bill Parcells go :)

it was an article in their paper, it is true

Bull.

You know it was from STATS inc. where no poke fan can ever provide a link to.

Oh, and don't forget.....

:excited: Romo sits to pee 95.5 rating. :excited:

Except the Cowboys snuck in the playoffs with a 9-7 record, in a year where weak teams made the playoffs, including the 8-8 Giants.

So if the Giants are weak with an 8-8 record, then what does that make the Redskins?

Who says?

BTW, the Cowboys were a field goal away from the divisional playoffs so really, there isn't that big of a difference.

What a horrible, absolutely STUPID argument.

How many games has ANY team won or lost that either had playoff implications, an actual playoff game, or Super Bowl based on a single play/field goal?

Last time I checked, the final score was the final score and that's what decides the game. Are you sure your handle wasn't supposed to be "IQ84"?

:jerk:

What a horrible, absolutely STUPID argument.

How many games has ANY team won or lost that either had playoff implications, an actual playoff game, or Super Bowl based on a single play/field goal?

Last time I checked, the final score was the final score and that's what decides the game. Are you sure your handle wasn't supposed to be "IQ84"?

:jerk:

Off the top of my head....Rams vs. Titans Superbowl,I mean it was no big deal that Mike Jones made the tackle right?..You asked man...so I answered...

And actually the Cowboys finished the same as the Bucs that year, so that was a stupid argument that the other guy made about the Cowboys having no shot with a new coach, new OC, and a "Shaky" QB.

the 1st team in NFL history predicted to win it all with a

new head coach

1st year "OC"

unproven QB

and if you can think of some more things please add on...

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

I wonder what a teams average record is a season after Parcells leaves...I bet it's not that good.

Off the top of my head....Rams vs. Titans Superbowl,I mean it was no big deal that Mike Jones made the tackle right?..You asked man...so I answered...

And actually the Cowboys finished the same as the Bucs that year, so that was a stupid argument that the other guy made about the Cowboys having no shot with a new coach, new OC, and a "Shaky" QB.

Your point was that the Cowboys were a single play, in this case a field goal, away from the divisional round, right?

We were a blown call away from the #2 seed in 2005. Lots of teams were a single play away from victories/losses. The fact that you brought that up strikes a severe blow to your credibility, and when your post count is 11, you're still making a first impression. Thus far, you're not exactly breaking the Cowboy fan mold.

Your point was that the Cowboys were a single play, in this case a field goal, away from the divisional round, right?

We were a blown call away from the #2 seed in 2005. Lots of teams were a single play away from victories/losses. The fact that you brought that up strikes a severe blow to your credibility, and when your post count is 11, you're still making a first impression. Thus far, you're not exactly breaking the Cowboy fan mold.

You would have a point if you guys wouldn't have talked so much about that call last offseason...

When was Garret promoted?As far as I know, Wade Phillips is the head coach.

Jon Gruden was what the Bucs needed to get over the hump, so your telling me that Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips can do the same for the Cowboys?

Now stop being a homer ---I know it is hard,,,but think rationally, Wade/Garrett>>>>>Parcells? Cmon answer it with you head.

The AFC has three or four teams that are better than ANYTHING in the NFC.

So, I seriously doubt that the Cowboys are going to win it all. The NFC race this year looks just like last season, the rush to see who is going to stand in and get beaten in the Big Show.

On the NFC side, the Cowboys on a balanced view of the teams isn't even the best team in the East right now.

If I had to pick in August I would say the Eagles have a better balanced team with fewer question marks. They finished ahead of Dallas last year with McNabb and Kearse on the injured list.

And there is a question in my mind of what kind of production we are going to see out of Tony Romo sits to pee as the league gets to see him come around a second time. You could see from the last 4-5 games that defenses started to shut some of his favorite plays down, aligning to stop the bootleg that was so successful early on.

Jon Gruden was what the Bucs needed to get over the hump, so your telling me that Jason Garrett and Wade Phillips can do the same for the Cowboys?

Now stop being a homer ---I know it is hard,,,but think rationally, Wade/Garrett>>>>>Parcells? Cmon answer it with you head.

I'm saying, it's a new year and I'm excited about Phillips non-vanilla defense and Garrett's spread offense and the players seem to be more excited about playing for Phillips than Pawwwcells and they seem to like the changes in the offense and defense.

You would have a point if you guys wouldn't have talked so much about that call last offseason...

. . . so the fact that something is discussed means that it's not a point?

Okay, let's make a proof, shall we?

Discussing a point makes said point invalid.

You discussed the Cowboys being a field goal away from the divisional round.

Therefore, your point is invalid.

Jesus, man. Here's some advice: Wear a helmet next time you go bike riding, okay?

I'm saying, it's a new year and I'm excited about Phillips non-vanilla defense and Garrett's spread offense and the players seem to be more excited about playing for Phillips than Pawwwcells and they seem to like the changes in the offense and defense.

All this seem nonsense

It is not even close. Parcells is a much better coach then Wade "Homer Simpson" Phillips

Not even a matter of opinion, this is fact

The training camp the Cowgirls are having now reminds me of the circus Norv had in 2000

It is going to be interesting to watch

Were you really calling him "Pawwwcells" seven months ago?

And didn't "Pawwwcells" get you to what you said was only a field goal away from the divisional round?

And would ANYONE honestly call a well-respected, Hall-of-Fame-bound coach a mocking name?

You're a first class moron.

I understand ya. You're wasting your breath with this weasel though. To him things will only be important if they benefit his boys and they will be inconsiquential if they don't. Hes a ghost. He doesn't have a real arguement. It comes down to this. We had a good year in 2005 and stunk last year. I beleive this year it's the boys turn to fall off that cliff. We'll know at the end of the year. As far as who's concerned about what who thinks.. who's on who's board?

. . . so the fact that something is discussed means that it's not a point?

Okay, let's make a proof, shall we?

Discussing a point makes said point invalid.

You discussed the Cowboys being a field goal away from the divisional round.

Therefore, your point is invalid.

Jesus, man. Here's some advice: Wear a helmet next time you go bike riding, okay?

No, your point was that it happens all the time and so it shouldn't be discussed and used as an excuse, but yet you guys use that call as an excuse as to why you guys didn't win the Superbowl, or whatever.

But when I talk about the Cowboys being a field goal away from the Divisional round, it happens all the time and it's no big deal.

Because his former records meant so much when he was with the Cowboys right?

____________________________________________-

Enough for Jerry to hire him, but hey he was really torn between Wade and Norv this go around. I feel much better now that Parcells won't be coaching your team, he always played Gibbs well. Wade, sorry bud unless it is a miraculous change you are in for some kind of disappointing season.

Archived