Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's No Shot Hall of Famers

skinsaddict2621

This is why Portis needs to have a break out year to shut dumb azz critics like these up!

But forreal, what a dump list that was anyway.. I mean come on.... Michael Vick not a hall of famer BEFORE the dog scandal alligations??? :doh:

He's only the most electrifying player in the NFL since Bo Jackson. Hell, if Bo couldve played 2 more years they probably would have put him in the hall of Fame.

Pahleez :jerk:

I bet if Portis was still a Bronco ESPN was call him a Future Hall of Famer.

Uh, well yes, considering the Broncos line is head and shoulders one of the best ever for running backs and could get a 1000 yard season out of a hobo, it's fair game to assume Portis' overall stats would be much better had he stayed with Denver.

And actually i think this ESPN article and list is pretty good, but it lost me when they included Romo sits to pee. Like this BS: "There's the possibility that opponents were starting to figure him out toward the end of last season"...I mean, 95.1 rating, hello-oooo? If he's been "figured out" and can still put up those numbers, then all I gots to say is damn.

Wow, that had to be one of the lamest list I have ever seen.

They had rookies on there, nobody knows what they will do.

...and thats just a shot at Portis since Tiki and other backs play and have played at 200 lbs.

Edit: Actually we, as Skins fans, are the only people that even care about this lame list. :doh: Stupid us!

And actually i think this ESPN article and list is pretty good, but it lost me when they included Romo sits to pee. Like this BS: "There's the possibility that opponents were starting to figure him out toward the end of last season"...I mean, 95.1 rating, hello-oooo? If he's been "figured out" and can still put up those numbers, then all I gots to say is damn.

Uh, well no, considering that over his last five games, he went 2-3, threw 6 TDs to 8 INTs, had three games with a passer rating under 60 and the two that weren't were Detroit (27th pass defense) in which he fumbled the ball four times and Atlanta (29th pass defense) in which he fumbled the ball twice.

oh Clinton has no shot but Adrian Peterson is a sure fire Hall of Famer after taking no snaps in the NFL ever. I mean, "with his sturdy 6-foot-1½, 217-pound frame, there's no reason to assume he won't stay healthy."

what a joke

According to espn, Adrian Peterson is a Hall of Famer.

Well according to Boise State University, Adrian Peterson is a *****.

the press wants reggie bush to succeed so badly it hurts. he posted a 3.6 ypc average and hes going to the hall of fame after one season on an offense where he caught a ton of screen passes. hillarious.

oh, and out of the top 50 in receptions, who had the lowest average out of all of them? oh, thats right. reggie bush, with an 8.4 average. so you can catch a lot of screen passes in a spread offense and go to the hall of fame.

I think ESPN is really bored right now. I like Reggie Bush, but come on, in the Hall already. Catching 88 passes is impressive, but majority of his receptions where screen passes.

8.4 yards per catch. not impressive.

3.6 yards per carry. not impressive

he scored 8 TDs which is good, and hes obviously still extremely young, but he didnt light up the league like everyone thought he would.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbignames

Yes, Clinton Portis is on this list. Don't know why really. Apparently after a couple injuries, he is automatically injury prone and will not produce up to elite standards any more. Not saying I expected him to make the HoF, but to say he has no chance is absolute BS.

Good job BSPN, :doh:

Brother, to totally disqualify this article; they have already put Calvin Johnson INTO the hall of fame. That right there shows this is the opinion of a desk jockey who was really bored and needed something to write that would stir up emotions.

HTTR!!

8.4 yards per catch. not impressive.

3.6 yards per carry. not impressive

he scored 8 TDs which is good, and hes obviously still extremely young, but he didnt light up the league like everyone thought he would.

A good RB averages 4.5 yards per carry, not to say Bush isn't good. Before CP was injured and lost for the season, he had 7 TD's and was in the top 5 for RB's for scoring, and Bush only had 8 last season, think Mr. Bush needs to step it up a little.

This is just about the most pointless article I've ever skimmed through (I didn't even see it as a worthwhile read).

ESPN to America: "Hey guess what guys? Most NFL players don't go to the HoF, even if they're pretty good! Guess what else?"

America to ESPN: "You fire your best writers and on-screen personalities, give crappy and redundant coverage, and expect us to take you seriously."

What's next, a list of retired players that aren't likely to make a comeback?

What a ridiculous article. Also, of course Portis isn't going to the Hall.

How would they say the Edge James would be a hall of famer on not portis

portis had three 1500 yard seasons what has james done every since his injury he has be garbage. He might had a chance if he didnt live indy instead of playing for sorry arizona. Portis is still one of the RB's in the league.

What a load of :pooh: article. I don't know what's worse. This article or that "Who's Now" garbage. Nice job ESPN :rolleyes:

They should have had an ESPN.com front page poll about that waste of air-time:

Does anyone actually care about this "Who's Now" thing we're doing?

No - 80.2%

Yes - 19.8%

Voted: ESPN Staff

Well You have to look at who is doing the analysis of the players, what position they played and who they played for.

Ron Jaworski QB-Philadelphia Eagles-QB

Who is Floyd Reese?-RB

Sean Salisbury QB- Minnesota Vikings-WR/TE?

Mark Schereth-T washington Redskins/Denver Broncos-Oline

Mike Golic DT-Philadelphia Eagles-Dline

Tom Jackson S-Denver Broncos- LB

Eric Allen DB-Philadelphia Eagles-DB

This is why the Redskins gets no love from ESPN and their so called Analysts. They are either players from rival teams or teams we beat for championships. They all have another thing in common, except Schlereth, and that is none have a ring or have a chance to go in the Hall of Fame. So until ESPN gets analysts that have credible evaluation skills they are going to continue to be full of Redskins haters. The problem Schelerth has with the Redskins is that they released him because they thought he wasn't very good. That is the way the NFL is sometimes.

Archived