Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's No Shot Hall of Famers

skinsaddict2621

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbignames

Yes, Clinton Portis is on this list. Don't know why really. Apparently after a couple injuries, he is automatically injury prone and will not produce up to elite standards any more. Not saying I expected him to make the HoF, but to say he has no chance is absolute BS.

Good job BSPN, :doh:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nflbignames

Yes, Clinton Portis is on this list. Don't know why really. Apparently after a couple injuries, he is automatically injury prone and will not produce up to elite standards any more. Not saying I expected him to make the HoF, but to say he has no chance is absolute BS.

Good job BSPN, :doh:

espn blows, that's all there is to it

Yeah see the full list of 50 active players who will probably make the HOF here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=halloffame/nfllist

This is a mockery, considering they have Shawne "Cream and Clear" Merriman at 21, a spot ahead of one of the best safeties this league has known: John Lynch. There are so many problems with this list I can't take it. I know they make this for argument's sake, but seriously, Calvin Johnson and Adrien Peterson making the list above Portis, Samuels, and Taylor. This really irks me, and it says something about how the media views the Redskins. ESPN just rides bandwagons.:doh:

that is honestly the dumbest article i've ever laid eyes on. How can he say that Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russell won't be hall of famers, they havent even played a damn game yet. This is a terrible idea for an article. i also find it funny how after one injured season that the writer acts as if CP is like constantly injury prone. I also found it funny that he says

At 205 pounds, Portis simply doesn't possess the bulk of most of the league's elite backs.

but according to Portis's Bio on NFL.com he weighs in at 223

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302215

While weighing in at 223 he weighs more then LaDainian Tomlinson who weighs 221, i'd say he's a fairly elite back.

This article flat out sucks.

Wow, what an aweful list. To already predict a players HOF chances before he even plays a down is idiotic. Also, they mention Portis' decrease in YPC from 5.5 to 4.1 as something truly bad. A 4.1 YPC is actually pretty good, no back even has anything a 5 or above for their career accept for Jim Brown.

edit - Barry Sanders also had at least a 5 YPC for his career.

Why the hell is Reggis Bush, Adrian Peterson, Matt Leinart, and Vince Young on there as being active nominees. Those positions are so hit and miss. VY has the talent yes, but currently he is using his feet way more than his arm and it shows, if he reverses that then yea he has a shot but i don think so. Matt Leinart has the best shot out of these four with the best duo of recievers in teh NFL, but he could still turn out to be good but not great. AP? really? he is still a huge '?' And Reggis Bush, gimme a break. Yea the dude has skill but he doesn't deserve to be on this list, there is way too much man love for reggie

At first I actually thought this might be an attempt at humor since its on their Page 2 section. Then I looked through the list of guys they felt were HOF worthy, now I'm just stunned and confused. Anyone that thinks Lofa Tatupu, A.J. Hawk, and Merriman have already shown enough in their limited careers to be talked about being worthy of enshrinement in Canton is just kidding themselves or trying to spark controversy. Yes all those players MIGHT in time be worthy, but if their careers ended today they would all be getting into the HOF the same way the rest of us would, buying at ticket at the Canton ticket kiosk.

Archived