Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants about to look into Rice

lilty1975

Alot of you guys said leave rice alone, well if the giants get him we will have to face him twice a year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2953787

He has a point to prove and if he gets healthy that is another team with good defense ends we have to face. I'm a die hard redskins fan so I'm not worried, but I still think rice has juice left in the tank and we need to be bringing him in for a physical. All rice is asking for is a team to give him a chance to get healthy, which he said is about 3-4 weeks away. What do you guys think about facing rice twice a year?????? :cool: :cool:

with Strahan doing his thing, the Giants pretty much have to pick up Rice in the event that Strahan does indeed retire. No team will be in more need and offer as much money as the Giants will.

However, I don't think Strahan will really retire, it's just a tactic to get what he wants from their GM. Talk of Rice is only natural, to step in the direction of finding a replacement as well as demonstrate to Strahan that he is replaceable .

Signing a player to keep him from another team is worse than paying Adam Archuletta one gazillion dollars.

I'm not saying sign him to keep him from the Giants or any team. I think we should sign him because he has at least 3 years left. Also it doesn't hurt to look into him. Can't nobody here tell me they are happy with the ends we have. If we have to have Marcus Washington lineing up at end to rush the passer we have a problem. If we had two bonified ends to rush the passer and Washington then a team would be in trouble.

I've always liked Rice. However, I defenitly don't think that we should go and pay him the money he's going to be looking for just so he can pull a T.J. Duckett and never get off the bench (although that wasn't T.J.'s fault). Am I afraid of him going to NYG? Yes. Especially if and when Straghan comes back. If you let the midgets rotate three great pass rushing DE's all day long sooner or later one of them is going to get it going, and then all hell will break loose.

I'm not sure if Strahan is entirely the reason the Giants are looking at Rice. Rice is not going to be an every-down DE this season no matter what from all accuonts because of his shoulder.

The Giants are also flirting with playing Kiwi at LB like Dallas does with Ware and Ellis - when Ellis was healthy, their pass rush was very formidable. Kiwi and Rice in a similar role could be equally as formidable and perhaps that is why the Giants might be willing to take a chance on him.

Rice is a big step down from Strahan. So i'm all for the Giants signing him if that means Strahan isn't there.

Rice: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4151

Strahan: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/4337

If anything, Strahan has had a few monster seasons, but Rice has been the picture of consistency until his injury last year.

Strahan also has 4 years on Rice.

I think this could be good for the Skins in a limited, situational role.

This is a good ATN thread. It has no Redskins in the story, nor have we been courting Rice or Stray.

Well Gibbs said there is no interest in Rice, but I have no problem bringing him in and seeing what he can do. They may end up playing against him.

Bring this guy in, if he can pass a physical take a descent look at him. He adds a dimension of pass rushing ability that we have not had in a who knows how long. We tried with Carter ( yet to be very successful), and we are trying now by changing our personnel on 3rd downs and playing Washington (which I am really excited to see). If Washington doesn't pan out and Carter doesn't improve, Rice will/would have been a great pickup.

Well, if they sign him, it is definitely bad news for Strahan and his contract situation. I don't think Strahan wants to retire, he just wants more money. If Rice is signed, Strahan may be looking for a new place to live. I just hope it is not with the Skins. I think both of these guys cost too much at this point in their careers.

This would not bother me at all considering humanurine is already a great RDE and Rice at LDE would be a joke teams would run down there throat. He wouldn't be a good fit in N.Y. but if he did go and somehow they did start him at RDE we should try somebody else at Left Tackle two times a year :doh:

Archived