Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network and Comast fight!!

APBT

Way to go Comcast!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/faq_comcast

4. Why is this happening?

Last year, Comcast asserted that it had a right under its contract with NFL Network to distribute the service only as part of its approximately $5 specialty sports tier, and to take it away from the digital basic subscribers who have received it as part of their regular service package. NFL Network believed Comcast's contract interpretation was wrong and brought a lawsuit to try to prevent Comcast from moving NFL Network to a sports tier. The court recently decided that Comcast's contract gave it the right to move NFL Network to a sports tier. Comcast has decided to do so, even though that decision means that you, the Comcast customer, will have to pay more to get NFL Network – and that if you decide to stick with your digital basic service, you will be receiving less content (no NFL Network) for the same price.

Comcast sucks, I switched to Directv and will never go back to cable again.

They have increased their rates every year for the last 10years, and they've tripled the rate of inflation.

Sorry Comcast

but as soon as others figure out that your not the only game in town, people will be happy to jump ship.

2 words Dish Network. you get NFL network free on every package, and a new subscriber, can get a two TV High Def and DVR installed with two additional rooms for free. Plus you will get $20.00 credit for your High Def programming the 3d thru the 12th month. also the DVR fees are waived. I am a dish network here in Tennessee, and it is the best promotion going.

With Verizon FIOS, just make sure that Verizon doesn't cut your POTS line or you'll find it difficult to go back to phone/dsl w/o FIOS.

Thats why they cut the POTS line b/c they don't want people to try and switch back and forth so easily.

Ok, I've been through this with comcast a few weeks back when they turned in into the sports package. I tried to call and complain, but the poor sales person really couldn't help me. I did my best not to take my frustration out on her. She gave me the address of the local Comcast PR representative. I tried to email comcast through their website and even discussed it on their forums. Neither way got me anywhere.

So, I broke down and spent the stamp on snail mail. I was respectful through out it, but I pointed out that I felt that it was an attempt to bilk me for extra charges because of the popularity of the NFL and the Thursday games. I mentioned that while the court had given them the LEGAL right to charge us more, it doens't mean that as a customer, I should be happy about it. I informed them that my intentions were to investigate other television and internet providers that didn't charge extra for the NFL network. I then mentioned that I think that charging $5 is a minimal fee, but on top of the rest of my $125+ bill, I found it unreasonable.

Within a week the guy called me back and gave me a year of the sports package for free. He said that this decision has given him the most negative publicity of any move the company has done, but he thought Comcast would stick with it.

So, my suggestion, go mail them and complain. If nothing else, keep them counting how many unhappy customers it is, so they can reconsider. Maybe you'll get a free year out of it too.

Ok, I've been through this with comcast a few weeks back when they turned in into the sports package. I tried to call and complain, but the poor sales person really couldn't help me. I did my best not to take my frustration out on her. She gave me the address of the local Comcast PR representative. I tried to email comcast through their website and even discussed it on their forums. Neither way got me anywhere.

So, I broke down and spent the stamp on snail mail. I was respectful through out it, but I pointed out that I felt that it was an attempt to bilk me for extra charges because of the popularity of the NFL and the Thursday games. I mentioned that while the court had given them the LEGAL right to charge us more, it doens't mean that as a customer, I should be happy about it. I informed them that my intentions were to investigate other television and internet providers that didn't charge extra for the NFL network. I then mentioned that I think that charging $5 is a minimal fee, but on top of the rest of my $125+ bill, I found it unreasonable.

Within a week the guy called me back and gave me a year of the sports package for free. He said that this decision has given him the most negative publicity of any move the company has done, but he thought Comcast would stick with it.

So, my suggestion, go mail them and complain. If nothing else, keep them counting how many unhappy customers it is, so they can reconsider. Maybe you'll get a free year out of it too.

Good stuff roulette.

Wow, he admitted. I hope he gets hounded until he gets it right. He is not getting hounded by little old ladys, but by passonate sports fans.

Give him hell for this BS!!!!!

Comcast's victory resulted in my change to FIOS. I now have NFL Network and Speed Channel without having to pay extra.

For about the price I was paying for Comcast cable and high-speed internet, I now get better T.V. progamming, along with comparable high-speed internet and local phone service, plus unlimted long distance. I figure on saving about $60 - $65 a month.

Way to go Comcast! :D

I just got that triple play package and after 30 days Comcast starts charging me another $12 in phone fees (not taxes, but a Comcast fee = false advertising). I got the triple play because my Verizon DSL stopped working & then the phone service began to have huge amount of static. Verizon was pretty apathetic about helping a loyal custumer so I dropped their **s for a few years.

What do our politicians do now, but sell us out to corrupt business practices.

Anyway I'm paying the $5 for NFL for two years and then I'll look for someone else. If it wasn't for my wife I'd drop cable altogether and use a HD antenna.

Not way to go Comcast. F Comcast. They are trying to charge you for a channel. NFL Network is saying no it should be free. Comcast won. We pay. The channel we used to get for free we now have to pay for.
Yeah **** you comcast. I can't wait until I switch to Verizon FIOS.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Yeah **** you comcast. I can't wait until I switch to Verizon FIOS.

FIOS is amazing. I wouldn't switch back if they paid me. Even the basic service on a regular TV looks better. Their Internet and customer service rock, too.

I'll NEVER go back to Comcast. I really hope that 75 years of Redskins thing comes out on DVD.

One word: DirecTV
Thats why I'm lovin' my DIRECT TV.
Directv has always been vedy, vedy good to me. :D

But they are seriously getting outrageous with their prices. For example, the "Superfan" package use to be free where as now you have to pay for it. I also received an email a couple of weeks ago from them saying that they were going to have more HD channels available. But, we have to buy some type of additional component from them in order to get the channels.

Did anyone else receive this notice?

Where I lived it was a tier package. I had digital cable but COX has several different tiers. The more you pay, the more you get, just like Comcast.

I have Digital cabal with the DVR box and Digital cable (which is awesome by the way), with no other premium channels and I get it. I don't know if it's the area you live in or what, but I'm not saying anthing to anyone about it.

Yep, I think this is the dilemma of most people. If I was not tied into having Comcast, I might leave em, but here in Denver they are the only company that offers cable broadband. I could go with DSL, but I don't want to pay for a phone line, as I use only my cell phone as my main phone. DirecTV also requires a land phone line for programming etc. and I don't want to pay monthly for a phone line. My demand for high-speed broadband outweighs my need for NFL Network and NFL Ticket. It doesn't worry me much though because I don't mind going to the bar to watch games and I'll be at the bar for the NFL Network preseason game of Skins/Titans. I get far more out of having a hi-speed cable modem than I would out of a TV service.

Comcast does suck though for charging all of a sudden to have NFL Network, when it was free to begin with.

Can I give up all my religious channels and Spanish channels for free NFL Network?

You don't have a telephone? DirecTV does not require you to have a separate phone line you can tie into your current phone line. The only thing the phone line does is monitor pay per view. The signal comes from the Satellite.

DirecTV and the NFL Ticket is well worth it, I lived in Washington State and NEVER missed a Redskin game. I currently have DirecTV for my TV service and pay COX Broadband for my internet, it is cheaper than having COX for both. Once you go DirecTV, you will never go back to cable.

Archived