Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carolina Panthers

CrypticVillain

As much as I hate the whole NFC South, the Panthers is going to be a good team this year. Well that is if Carr starts. I swear Jake Delhome (I dont care if I spelled it wrong). Is the most overrated QB in the league. That mans is some trash. The year the Panthers went to the Super Bowl all he did was throw the ball in the air. He was so lucky that Smith and Mushin were his WR , becasue they were so physical and they went to go get the ball.

Fast foward to last year, remember when the Redskins played the panthers last year. and how the game ended. That bum over threw is WR lby like 10-15 yards, and Taylor got the interception.

Now I know David Carr got murderd when he was with the Texans. But I know that he is better then that bum Delhome. And with him at QB the Panthers will win 9-11 games. With Delhomme they will win like 6-7.

Carolina's success will rely on how well they run the football, no run, means Smith is the offense, one man can't do it alone.

Even if they do run the ball good. Delhomme still couldn't get the job done. That man is a bum and it will be proven this year. I hope that they realize that he can't get them where they want to go this year. Now I know that Carr hasn't won more then 7 games in a season, but it wasn't his fault, he has talent and he can do way more damage on the Panthers then Delhomme.

Either way, I'm rooting against the whole NFC, except of course, the B&G.

That is a given

I just don't like Delhomme.I think he is the luckiest QB ever. All he dose is throw the ball up, he has know skills with it. Steve Smith made him. Last year when Brunell was stinking the joint up I never got mad. Because I knew it was at least one QB who I wouldn't take over him.

Thing about the Panthers is their offensive line can't hold a pocket very well and aren't especially good run blockers either.

Their secondary is suspect. Foster isn't an especially good RB, I do like Deangelo Williams though. Then of course there is the Delhomme problem I don't think many fans are impressed by him, personally I notice he tends to lock in on Smith too often when its the second half of the game and then gets flustered thus making more late mistakes than he should. But they have added a potential weapon which should complement Steve Smith well in Dwayne Jarrett.

Now I know David Carr got murderd when he was with the Texans. But I know that he is better then that bum Delhome. And with him at QB the Panthers will win 9-11 games. With Delhomme they will win like 6-7.

Just about every Panthers fan that I run into wants Carr to start.

Ive been saying Delhomme is overrated for years. He really does just throw up prayers and happens to be lucky enough to have elite WRs at least on one side of the field.

At least I am not alone. I thought it was just me. But even Stevie Wonder could see that he is a bum.

If Jon Beason gets in camp he should take over for Diggs at OLB. I'm a big Canes fan, so I'll hope the best for him.

I generally don't mind the Panthers.

That said, Carr is a better QB than Delhomme, and my instinct is you'll see him starting if the Panthers get off to a slow start.

I live in SC, and my roommate is a huge Panthers fan. He absolutely despises Delhomme, many of you remember the skins game last season when Carolina had a chance to win the game but Delhomme just heaved the ball in the air and Taylor won the game of 500. This was not the only game that happened, Delhomme is just trigger happy and much like Favre loves to throw bombs to get picked off.

I went to the Panthers game last year in Washington. Delhomme was off-target and missed some throws. But the Panthers defense, especially its secondary, lost the game by allowing Campbell to sit in the pocket and hook up down the field with Chris Cooley.

In other words, the Panthers also had problems on the defensive side of the ball.

This team went to a Super Bowl in 2003 but that was not a team with dominant talent outside the starting DL.

And now you have had a couple of down seasons from Kris Jenkins and a back seven that has been less than impressive.

The Panthers success this season depends on that o-line and the WR's. While Steve Smith has put up big numbers w/o any help, it doesn't matter when no one else is performing. Also, that defens is not the same it was, they can't seem to rely on that front 4 as well as they used to.

I think the whole NFC is a complete toss up and one or two surprise players can swing a team to more wins (in our case, Montgomery and Lloyd being productive in addition to everyone else).

Carr isn't the answer. When the Texans backup QB, Rosenfels got the chance to play he looked fine behind their questionable OL. Carr doesn't make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. If they thought he could do that he'd still be in Houston.

TheFan

I drive by Bank of America Stadium at least once a week and never fail to give it the finger.

Man that is funny,

Carr isn't the answer. When the Texans backup QB, Rosenfels got the chance to play he looked fine behind their questionable OL. Carr doesn't make quick decisions and get rid of the ball. If they thought he could do that he'd still be in Houston.

TheFan

He held the ball long because he didn't have any weapons in Houston other then AJ Johnson. Now if Steve Smith can continue to rip the league up and Dwayne Jarret has a good rookie season, then he should get his man.

Man that is funny,

He held the ball long because he didn't have any weapons in Houston other then AJ Johnson. Now if Steve Smith can continue to rip the league up and Dwayne Jarret has a good rookie season, then he should get his man.

I'd agree with that assessment if it weren't for the fact that Rosenfel's didn't have the same problem with the same personnel. Last year they had Moulds there too. Granted Moulds is on the downside of his career but the guy still knows how to get open.

I'd be amazed if Carr were to become the starter, but if he does, I guess we'll get a more definitive answer.

TheFan

Delhomme is a playmaker, who is passionate about winning. He does throw up some prayers, but you have to in this game. I think he has good awareness and a good eye for where to put the ball to receivers. Nothing wrong with his hard or soft throws.

And uhhh, yeh, I'd take him anyday over Brunell. Geezus, are you seroius?

Archived