Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Top 11 tainted sports achievements

fuji869

the biggest one..... is the 1986 world cup. It wasn't an accidental at all. he was yelling at his teammates (who knew it was a handball) to come over and congratulate him, otherwise the ref wouldn't buy it.

I never heard of the 1972 Munich Games Basketball controversy.

What a gip for the US!

It was even worse than that story indicates. Not only was time put back on the clock for no reason, but when the ball was inbounded, the Soviet player blatantly charged through everyone to lay the ball in.

The Yankees win after the Jeffery Mayer thing really pissed me off

There will be a day when that little f@#k gets what's coming to him.

Rich Garcia needs an asswhipping as well.

That single play started the death spiral towards hell that the O's have been suffering in ever since.

It was even worse than that story indicates. Not only was time put back on the clock for no reason, but when the ball was inbounded, the Soviet player blatantly charged through everyone to lay the ball in.

And they didnt start the clock until about 3 seconds after the ball was inbounded.

That was also after the referee made Doug Collins move 5 feet away from the inbound line to allow a clear passing lane.

Im amazed that the US players didnt kill someone that day.

There are a couple that shouldn't be on that list. Nykesha Sales should be one since it is a safe assumption that she would have gotten at least one more basket before the end of the season, and Strahan should not be on the list because Favre was the one that threw the sack.

There are a couple that shouldn't be on that list. Nykesha Sales should be one since it is a safe assumption that she would have gotten at least one more basket before the end of the season, and Strahan should not be on the list because Favre was the one that threw the sack.

I'm pretty sure she didn't or it wouldn't have been such a big deal. I believe that injury ended her season and college career.

Can someone explain this one to me, I don't know what happened.
The kid reached over the outfield fence and not only interfered with Oriole outfielder, who was making a fairly routine catch, but deflected it over the fence for a Home Run. Rich Garcia, the closest umpire, later stated that he did not know how he missed the call. But the next day he was seen signing autographs for Yankee fans, and Maier became an instant sensation in NY. Many believe, including me, that the umpires hatred of the Orioles, particularly Roberto Alomar, instigated the event.

I don't know about adding 3-seconds, but the last second lay-in wasn't full of charging - he caught it under the basket. :whoknows:

The US just played a generally bad game that day - not much more to it.

EDIT: Just read about it - I didn't realize the refs just gave the Soviets another chance...that's crazy.

Archived