Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reaction Moss Jersey Orioles Game

Reaganaut

I wore my Santana Moss shirt last night to the Orioles game against Tampa. Ripkin was there giving a speech to thank fans on upcoming Hall of Fame induction this weekend.

Anyway, I got up to get a beverage and walked down the stairs in my section and people started cheering for my jersey and the Skins. I shook a fist in the air and a few boos came too (from who else...)

Strange thing was I felt like a celeb or something. People were walking up to me and offering high fives... some guy in a Taylor jersey in the bathroom yells out to everone that this is the Skins year... it was a show!

When leaving, some intoxicated Orioles fans leaving stopped dead in their tracks looking at my Skins jersey as though I had violated their ball park. I just laughed and shouted "Go Colts!"

I have never gotten that type of reaction to any Skins jersey before. It has been a very long time since I have been to Camden Yards due to the little Greek tyrant. Had a great time though. I'm just not a Nationals fan... too deeply bred in me I guess.

Guess the Orioles fans don't want Washington fans anymore.

I think the B-more fans by and large love their Ravens and see the Skins somewhat as the enemy......I think there was somewhat of a Baltimore-DC rivalry even when the Colts were still there and I think Baltimoreans feel like the Skins tried to shove themselves down Baltimore's throat after the Colts left. I have nothing against the Ravens but can tell you that if the Skins ever left DC (not that it'll ever happen) that the chances of me becoming a Ravens (or, for that matter, any other team's) fan would be zero. It should be an interesting atmosphere up in Baltimore not only for the scrimmage, but in '08 when the Skins play in Baltimore in the regular season for the first time in god knows how long.

Camden Yards is still a great place to see a game and it'll be interesting to see how the new Nats Park measures up. I was able to walk up a few Sundays ago and buy two seats 20 rows or so behind the plate for an Os-Chisox game for $55/seat. Those same seats will be $150/ticket in the new Nats Park next year.

I wore my Santana Moss shirt last night to the Orioles game against Tampa. Ripkin was there giving a speech to thank fans on upcoming Hall of Fame induction this weekend.

Anyway, I got up to get a beverage and walked down the stairs in my section and people started cheering for my jersey and the Skins. I shook a fist in the air and a few boos came too (from who else...)

Strange thing was I felt like a celeb or something. People were walking up to me and offering high fives... some guy in a Taylor jersey in the bathroom yells out to everone that this is the Skins year... it was a show!

When leaving, some intoxicated Orioles fans leaving stopped dead in their tracks looking at my Skins jersey as though I had violated their ball park. I just laughed and shouted "Go Colts!"

I have never gotten that type of reaction to any Skins jersey before. It has been a very long time since I have been to Camden Yards due to the little Greek tyrant. Had a great time though. I'm just not a Nationals fan... too deeply bred in me I guess.

That's hilarious... I may have to wear my authentic Sean Taylor on Saturday when they play the Yanks...

I think the B-more fans by and large love their Ravens and see the Skins somewhat as the enemy......I think there was somewhat of a Baltimore-DC rivalry even when the Colts were still there and I think Baltimoreans feel like the Skins tried to shove themselves down Baltimore's throat after the Colts left. I have nothing against the Ravens but can tell you that if the Skins ever left DC (not that it'll ever happen) that the chances of me becoming a Ravens (or, for that matter, any other team's) fan would be zero. It should be an interesting atmosphere up in Baltimore not only for the scrimmage, but in '08 when the Skins play in Baltimore in the regular season for the first time in god knows how long.

Camden Yards is still a great place to see a game and it'll be interesting to see how the new Nats Park measures up. I was able to walk up a few Sundays ago and buy two seats 20 rows or so behind the plate for an Os-Chisox game for $55/seat. Those same seats will be $150/ticket in the new Nats Park next year.

Yeah well hopefully there are enough Skins fans up there to make them sick both at the scrimmage and next year. Baltimore is a dirty ugly city. The crime, STDs, and drugs in that city are some of the worse and it sucks to even go into except for about 4 blocks of area.

I havent been to camden yards in about 6 years. I refuse to go unless the Nationals are there. Ever since Ripken left there has been no reason to support that club cause their owner is the worst in sports. I cant wait til the Nats build up some more and completely make that franchise and all its history look ridiculous.

And oh yeah by the way...**** THE RAVENS!!!!

:ravensuck

Im a Baltimore resident, and believe it or not threre are alot of us ( Skins fans) here!!

I also, live in owings mills ( where the Ratbirds are located) and i see the players all the time. Suggs, Ogden, Vicent, amoung others....and Im always wearing somthing skins...We banter back and forth...but at the end of the day i always tell them they suck!!

By and large, Eagles fans are the worst, but Ravens fans are 2nd in obnoxiousness. I live on the Ellicott City/Columbia line, and the Redskins indian logo magnet on the back of my SUV elicits looks as if it were a picture of Osama Bin Laden. There is genuine resentment and bitterness from some Ravens fans when discussing the Redskins. Then there are the elitist Ravens fans who act as though theirs is a historic franchise with a storied history. I took great delight in calling them on the Indy playoff loss. Even better was "Purple Day" at my son's preschool the Friday before that game, when my boy wore his burgundy & gold jacket and Portis jersey, much to the chagrin of the Baltimorons.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That's funny right there, I'll tell you what.

A couple of months ago I got an Art Monk Jersey, and of course I wore out that first night to a bar, and all night long I had people coming up to me giving me high fives and patting me on the back. It is kind of crazy when that stuff happens. :thumbsup:

By and large, Eagles fans are the worst, but Ravens fans are 2nd in obnoxiousness. I live on the Ellicott City/Columbia line, and the Redskins indian logo magnet on the back of my SUV elicits looks as if it were a picture of Osama Bin Laden. There is genuine resentment and bitterness from some Ravens fans when discussing the Redskins. Then there are the elitist Ravens fans who act as though theirs is a historic franchise with a storied history. I took great delight in calling them on the Indy playoff loss. Even better was "Purple Day" at my son's preschool the Friday before that game, when my boy wore his burgundy & gold jacket and Portis jersey, much to the chagrin of the Baltimorons.

Yeah elitest is a good way to describe them. I would call it jealous, but either way they have a huge chip on their shoulder. My buddy from college is like that. I love the kid to death, but before I met him I was indifferent on the Ravens, now I can't stand them.

Love that you had your kid represented at school. I worked in Baltimore at the time and that crap made me sick. Grown men shouldn't wear purple.

Yeah elitest is a good way to describe them. I would call it jealous, but either way they have a huge chip on their shoulder. My buddy from college is like that. I love the kid to death, but before I met him I was indifferent on the Ravens, now I can't stand them.

Love that you had your kid represented at school. I worked in Baltimore at the time and that crap made me sick. Grown men shouldn't wear purple.

Baltimore? Elitist? Somehow, your ENTIRE city smells like poop! How could you be elitist?

I'm still an Orioles fan before Nats even though I root for all the Washington teams. I root for the Nats separately, but when they play each other, it's O's all the way. I grew up with them. And it's RIPKEN, not RIPKIN. My favorite player of all time. I have 4 O's authentic #8's. White, Gray, Orange and Black. Never was a Colts fan and never will be a Rat-Birds fan. I was 4 yrs old when the second Senator's team bolted for Texas. I never saw them play, so the O's were the local team. It's taken me a couple of years to warm up to the Nats, but I watch them and root for them.

lol at the orioles. they might be the furthest team from every accomplishing anything in baseball at the moment.

only reaction i ever got to my skins jersey was in philly at the eagles games. that kind of reaction is something i cannot post here :laugh:

ripken is getting inducted into the baseball hall of fame..and they are 7-3 in theyre last 10 games which is huge for us O's fans:applause:

I just moved up to Baltimore from TN within the last 4 years and I had a rude awakening. I liked the Ravens and thought that I would fit in nice, but boy was I wrong. You can't even think Redskins without some Ravens fan yelling at you about how much better the Ravens are. You would think that they were iggles or brokeback fans the way they go on. It is really turning me off to the Ravens all together.

The first time I went to Fed Ex Field for a game, I flew into Baltimore Airport wearing my jersey, and was getting razzed by all the airport employees.

Last year in Dallas, well yeah you can imagine that experience. Nothing is surreal as walking into enemy territory with Skins gear on. It can be scary, but it feels good at the same time that you are representing in their house.

let me reasure all of you that there are more Skins fans here in B-more than you think. This is Ravens territory, but there are ALOT of Skins fans still here. :cheers:

its definately jealousy! 75 years and 3 SB's compared to 11 years and 1 SB doesn't compare. The Ravens, as a team are ok with me, but the fans are a bit ummmm football illiterate if you ask me.

While I hate the ravens, its mostly due to going to college near baltimore and seeing NOBODY in purple 2 years ago, but last year, classes were ending early to watch the monday night game. i hate fairweather fans, and thus the fans are the main reason why i hate the ravens.

however, i think baltimore is a MUCH cooler place than DC, if you cant handle it, then dont go there. there are dangerous spots, and im not gonna act like a regular city dweller, but ive never been nervous or scared downtown.

so call me crazy, but i love the redskins and baltimore... just not the ravens.

Who is this Ripkin guy you speak of?

Ravens fans think they have a rivalry with the Redskins. I repped my Skins gear non stop when I lived in Baltimore city and rarely took any abuse for it.

Archived