Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green - HOF

Mania

Darrell Green will most likely be voted into the Hall of Fame later this year. In 2008 when he gets inducted, who do you think will give his speach? Do you feel it would be Joe Gibbs or a defensive coach like Petitbon?

Maybe monk and green will get in at the same time. Thatd definitely be cool.

Maybe that is what those writers with their heads up their voting assess have been waiting for.

Green should refuse to accept the induction until Monk gets voted in.

Or is that the worst idea ever? I can't decide.

Maybe that is what those writers with their heads up their voting assess have been waiting for.

Green should refuse to accept the induction until Monk gets voted in.

Or is that the worst idea ever? I can't decide.

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Well I could see a possible play for short yardage situations out of this two back set. You have Portis as the HB and Betts as the FB. Get everyone pulling to the right, including Portis like it's a sweep and then pitch it to Betts going left and hope that he can get past the DE who may or may not contain and overrun the play. Could get you a first down if used sparingly. However, I don't think Betts or Portis is cut out to take on Linebackers filling gaps very often or their career could be shortened. Running the balll is one thing, and you get abused enough doing that. But trying to stop Ray Ray from a bone jarring hit is something for Sellers to deal with :)

Well I could see a possible play for short yardage situations out of this two back set. You have Portis as the HB and Betts as the FB. Get everyone pulling to the right, including Portis like it's a sweep and then pitch it to Betts going left and hope that he can get past the DE who may or may not contain and overrun the play. Could get you a first down if used sparingly. However, I don't think Betts or Portis is cut out to take on Linebackers filling gaps very often or their career could be shortened. Running the balll is one thing, and you get abused enough doing that. But trying to stop Ray Ray from a bone jarring hit is something for Sellers to deal with :)

I think you may have wondered into the wrong thread.

I am not saying Green is an absolute lock to make it in. They will probably vote Terrance Newman in before they vote in Darrell.

I think it'll be his son. Darrell is such a family guy, I can't see him taking that honor away from a family member. Especially since he sacrificed so much family time to play football all those years.

I agree. It has to be his son.

Darrell should be an employee of this team in some capacity. I know it is his choice not to participate with the skins and focus on his family and non-profit organization, but I would love to see him eventually lead this teams front office. I know he has interest in sports ownership, I just don't know how I would feel if he were to join another team and lead them to success.

kappaluvacee]Darrell should be an employee of this team in some capacity. I know it is his choice not to participate with the skins and focus on his family and non-profit organization, but I would love to see him eventually lead this teams front office. I know he has interest in sports ownership, I just don't know how I would feel if he were to join another team and lead them to success[/i].

I definitely agree with your thread. I would love to see him come back with the organization in some type of capacity. If he came back as a cornerback coach, would we have as many problems with our corners as we've had recently? A position in the FO would be nice also.:2cents:

Huh?

I was thinking his son or his wife....but Portis is a great blocking back.

You wouldnt be able to hear him because he would stand 10 yards from the podium and he would probably drop the microphone

Yes but what you and so many others would fail to understand is that he would be doing so under the instruction of Gregg Williams so the reason you can't hear him is because the coaches told him to do so not because he's an idiot.

Yes but what you and so many others would fail to understand is that he would be doing so under the instruction of Gregg Williams so the reason you can't hear him is because the coaches told him to do so not because he's an idiot.
Thanks Pike.:applause:

Archived