Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Witten's mom arrested for theft

Kurd Cudins

:doh::doh::doh:

Cowboys | Witten's mother accused of theft

Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:48:30 -0700

The Associated Press reports Dallas Cowboys TE Jason Witten's mother, Kimberly Witten, was arrested Thursday, July 5, on charges of stealing about $5,500 from a bank account that was not hers, according to police. Detective Will Johnson said Witten made 25 withdrawals from the Carter County Bank account of Marie McQueen beginning last November. She was released from jail Thursday on her own recognizance pending a July 31 General Sessions court date on 25 counts of forgery and theft.

This article contains a little more info:

Jason Witten's mother charged with theft

She's accused of stealing more than $5,000 from another person's account

04:57 PM CDT on Thursday, July 5, 2007

Associated Press

ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. – The mother of Cowboys tight end Jason Witten was arrested Thursday on charges of stealing about $5,500 from a bank account that was not hers, police said.

Detective Will Johnson said Thursday that Kimberly Witten, 48, made 25 withdrawals from the Carter County Bank account of Marie McQueen beginning last November.

Investigators quoted Witten as saying she obtained McQueen's bank account information from a statement mistakenly delivered to her mailbox.

Witten was released from jail Thursday on her own recognizance pending a July 31 General Sessions court date on 25 counts of forgery and theft.

Jason Witten did not return a phone call seeking comment left with his agent, Jimmy Sexton of Memphis. Witten played at the University of Tennessee.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/070607dnspocowbrief.21c4f25.html

If I'm not mistaken, Witten was raised by his Grandparents. I don't think he's close with his mother but I'm certain we will soon learn of all the messy little details in short order.

I'm pretty sure that is the case. I read a few years ago that his dad was a bad egg and he was raised by his grandparents but I'm not sure how his mom fit in the picture. Regardless you have to feel bad for him.

I'm pretty sure that is the case. I read a few years ago that his dad was a bad egg and he was raised by his grandparents but I'm not sure how his mom fit in the picture. Regardless you have to feel bad for him.

Anybody in this situation, I agree. Children should not have to pay the price for there parents short commings. I agree 100%. Doesn't matter what walk of life, it's a sad thing. Never the less, I'm certain he will pay the price over the course of the season. Just how it goes.

I heard on sports raido that she mistook the bank statement as her own and when she needed to make withdrawals, just referred to the account number she thought was hers. Figure most people don't memorize 16 digit account numbers. Probably an honest mistake. Granted a smarter person would've probably figured it out sooner, but she's probably an older lady who ain't all there anymore.

Nothing to see here, no big deal.

Anybody in this situation, I agree. Children should not have to pay the price for there parents short commings. I agree 100%. Doesn't matter what walk of life, it's a sad thing. Never the less, I'm certain he will pay the price over the course of the season. Just how it goes.

While a agree...it won't stop me from using this to heckle at any and all opportunities :)

I heard on sports raido that she mistook the bank statement as her own and when she needed to make withdrawals, just referred to the account number she thought was hers. Figure most people don't memorize 16 digit account numbers. Probably an honest mistake. Granted a smarter person would've probably figured it out sooner, but she's probably an older lady who ain't all there anymore.

So your telling me she mistook her name and address as well? Try again.

I really hope you don't believe that.

Hey I do it. Sometimes I get a bank statement from my bank and blindly open it thinking its mine. I think somethings funny when the balance amount is not what I expected. Turns out the statemetn was addressed to my roommate. Never noticed berore I opened it up and put it with my files.

Hey I do it. Sometimes I get a bank statement from my bank and blindly open it thinking its mine. I think somethings funny when the balance amount is not what I expected. Turns out the statemetn was addressed to my roommate. Never noticed berore I opened it up and put it with my files.

"Detective Will Johnson said Thursday that Kimberly Witten, 48, made 25 withdrawals from the Carter County Bank account of Marie McQueen beginning last November."

During those 25 withdrawls how many times did the teller say thank you Mrs/Ms McQueen?

If you really think that this is just a mistake you are an idiot. And I don't think you are an idiot so that leaves only 1 option:

You don't believe it was a mistake.

"Detective Will Johnson said Thursday that Kimberly Witten, 48, made 25 withdrawals from the Carter County Bank account of Marie McQueen beginning last November."

During those 25 withdrawls how many times did the teller say thank you Mrs/Ms McQueen?

If you really think that this is just a mistake you are an idiot. And I don't think you are an idiot so that leaves only 1 option:

You don't believe it was a mistake.

For what it's worth, I believe he's an idiot...and not just b/c he keeps harping on the "mistake" there are literally 67 (and counting) other reasons...

She's not that old. Witten is in his 20's, so she's probably between 45 and 55, so the senility hasn't set in quite yet.

WTF??? There has to be more details to come, or this is just insane.

Just goes to prove, there are people out there with crap for brains. :silly:

Guess Jason wasn't kicking enough cash back to mom. What a crappy phone call for him to get, finding out she did this.

I feel sorry for Jason as his name is being brought up and he probably isn't even close to her as other's have said.

So now when his contract rolls around he can go to Jerry Jones and say: "look, I gotta make more money to support my family! My mom resorted to stealing we are so poor"

I think Jerrah just redid his contract. So he's not hurting.

She's not that old. Witten is in his 20's, so she's probably between 45 and 55, so the senility hasn't set in quite yet.
Yep, she is 48.

0009.Image.NULL,ArticleMediaImage.300,300,0,NULL,NULL.MGSpooler.img

I feel sorry for Jason as his name is being brought up and he probably isn't even close to her as other's have said.
I agree, especially if he is not close!
I think Jerrah just redid his contract. So he's not hurting.
Last year and it was quite lucrative! I'm sure he wishes he could just throw a little money at this and make it go away. I have a feeling it is much more complicated.

Archived