Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Effects of Betts in 2006 on Portis in 2007

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Clinton went down and Betts picked up the slack like a champ. Thats the problem when you leave your glove on the mound, so to speak. Somebody might pick it up and be lights out. I think Clinton will be motivated to perform well, although I'll be the first to say that he played with intensity even before Betts turned into a beast. Heck, the guy dislocated his shoulder tackling a dude after a turnover in a PRESEASON game. To be honest, until Jason proves he can handle the load at QB on a consistent basis, these two guys will have to carry the load. I expect a big year from both of them. HTTR.

personally I do not want Portis to be a workhorse like he was 2 years ago because it is hard on the body. Why do you think RBs have the shortes career in the NFL. 1-2 tandem works fine for me as long as portis still gets a 1,000 + season and a ProBowl. If Betts can do the same thing then that is even better for us. :point2sky

I don't think Betts' production will put pressure to "make" CP play at a pro bowl level. I do think however CP will play at a pro bowl level just because that is the kind of player he is.

Betts will still be productive in relief of and spelling Portis, but CP will be CP, with or without anyone behind him on the depth chart.

I think that while both Portis and Betts will be sharing the ball (Portis around 20+ and Betts around 10-15 times), I think that Portis will have a huge season. And, if JC is able to really move the ball around, and able to complete the deap ball Portis will have a career year.

Betts is not that good. Yeah he had 5 games that were off the charts, but anyone will tell you that his numbers were the product of AWESOME O-line play. If CP were healthy last year and he were running through those holes, CP would have had twice the yardage and TD's.

Betts is not that good. Yeah he had 5 games that were off the charts, but anyone will tell you that his numbers were the product of AWESOME O-line play. If CP were healthy last year and he were running through those holes, CP would have had twice the yardage and TD's.

Absurd. Tell that line of garbage to TJ Duckett.

portis is a great back.

betts is a great backup.

the presence of JC will be more influential on portis' production.

end of conversation, mcd...DON'T START, i'm too hung over for this argument today.

LOL...no argument here. I don't care which back gets the yards....just so someone does.

If Portis can carry the load all by himself--God bless him. I hope he breaks all the Skins rushing records.

But I think the more likely scenario is Portis gets injured.....hits the bench, Betts becomes the offensive face of our franchise for the next 5 years, and Portis gets traded at the end of the season.

Regardless.....here is to hoping that one, or both of them kick some serious butt this year. We need them to lead the offense, and to carry JC this season.

:cheers:

Absurd. Tell that line of garbage to TJ Duckett.

Well I agree it's absurd to say Betts had no part in his success.

However, it's absolutely 100% true that, given the same holes, a healthy Portis would have done double what Betts did. That's nothing against Betts - it's just the benefit of being an experienced, highly talented back.

I personally think CP will have a great year as well. I think having Betts being his counter 1-2 punch can only help matters. To me they run Clinton until he needs a breather and than bring in Ladell to really be the horse. Once Clinton catches his wind he will be our homerun hitter. I'm predicting big things out of CP this year also dont forget guys he will be a sleeper in fantasy leagues this year you watch. Would be a great late round selection that everyone will forget about or will be scared to take.

Archived