Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL SuperFan for free from NFL Sunday Ticket!!!

FunBunch7

I just called DIRECTV and requested that I receive NFL SuperFan for free once aagain this season. They granted my request imediately. :)

Now, in all fairness, 2007 will be the 13 consecutive season that I have ordered the Sunday Ticket and when I listen to their recording at the beginning of my call they let me know that I am on their "A List"...probably due to the fact that I have been a customer for 13 years.

The SuperFan is an additional $99 to be paid in 3 monthly installments. For those of you who don't know what this is...it's the best thing ever! Especially if you play fantasy football...having all 8 games on my screen at once and being able to "highlight" the game I want to hear the audio on is AWESOME!!!!

WARNING!!!! This "CAN" cost you ALOT more money though...I got the SuperFan so I could see 8 games at once but on my 32 inch TV it really just looked like postage stamps wiggling...this caused me to go out a spend a couple G's on a 52 inch TV...but hey...what can you do?

Just call them up and ask...maybe even make a case for your self.

Let me know if you are successful! :)

Who cares about any other game other than the Redskin's game? Are there other teams in the NFL?

Ed Zachery!!! Redskins FULL Screen on game day. At my house, if you want to watch another game, you are in the wrong place. I have asked people to leave for bugging me to change the channel during every commercial break.

edit: BTW if Directv had an option for just buying one teams games for the whole season, I would be all over that. (only if it was cheaper of course :laugh: )

Ed Zachery!!! Redskins FULL Screen on game day. At my house, if you want to watch another game, you are in the wrong place. I have asked people to leave for bugging me to change the channel during every commercial break.

edit: BTW if Directv had an option for just buying one teams games for the whole season, I would be all over that. (only if it was cheaper of course :laugh: )

So here's what you do...

You have the Redskin's game on...they go to a commercial break...you hit the "previous channel" button, which takes you to the screen of 8 games going on all at once...you can move your cursor to any of the other games going on and hear the audio...mean while you see that there is still a Livitra comercial still on at the Redskin's channel...then you switch to the other game's audio when you see that the runing back on your fantasy team is about to get the rock on a 3rd and goal...BAMMM! He scores and you flick back to the Redskins game by hitting the previous channel button...

You never miss a play and you get to follow all the other action...right in your own living room...

Then...

When the late games come on, you are in heaven causs the Skins just beat the Giants and you are watching the Eagles lose to the Vikings and the Cowboys lose to the Patriots without missing a single play of ANY of them!!!!

Welcome to my world.

i have been an nfl sunday ticket subscriber for over ten years and am too an A list customer but i have to pay for the superfan. this is b.s.

Whenever I want anything on directv these days, I just tell them I want to end my service because I'm switching to digital cable. I haven't asked for anything big yet (I'm waiting for them to get the bugs out of their HD DVR), but I have used it to get the things I deserve. For instance, I bought a DVR off ebay, and the customer service guy told me I'd need a new access card and it would cost $70. I knew he was lying, so I just told him to send me to customer retention because I'd had it with directv. When I got the customer retention person, it took about 2 minutes to set my DVR up with an old card - then she offered me a bunch of stuff on top it as well.

Some people just say "I want to disconnect" when they call - that takes you directly to customer retention. I just tell them your PO'd that everyone else is getting superfan for free, and you've been subscribing for 10 years.

Some people just say "I want to disconnect" when they call - that takes you directly to customer retention. I just tell them your PO'd that everyone else is getting superfan for free, and you've been subscribing for 10 years.

That's what I did last August after I heard other people say they were getting free SuperFan and DVR's...but the dip crapper just went ahead and let me terminate my NFL Sunday Ticket...

I called back the next day and "leveled" with them...I said since I am an "A List" customer I'd like to "SEE" what exactly that means and that by giving me the SuperFan for free, would go a long way to making me "FEEL" like I'm really on an "A List'

They agreed and made me happy. :cheers:

This is my 9th year with the Sunday Ticket but this year I am going to mark down every time I really use it. What I mean, when I am not watching the Redskins, I will track when I go to another game not televised in my market or the national game. I have to figure out if it is worth the increasing price every year.

I have a 50" TV but the 8 games on one screen is still small to me. If they got rid of all the border garbage.

Thanks a bunch FunBunch. :applause:

I've been a customer now for 8 years and I have their "Gold Package" and every time I call them, they thank me for being a "A List" customer.

So, I am going to call like you suggested tonight and see what they have to say.

The "Replay" is my favorite feature. I love watching 3 hour games in 30 minutes.

BTW, I got my 52 incher the day before we played the Vikings last season. There's nothing like watching the Redskins in HD.

We've been discussing this ad nauseum over at the dbstalk forum. I have subscribed to the top tier package from DirecTV AND NFL-ST since 1994 plus the HD package for the last two years (so now I am well over $100/month), four DVRs (DirecTiVos since 2000 and the new HR20 since last Summer), ALWAYS pay on time, am told I am an "A-list" customer, yet they flat out told me that there would be no free or reduced cost Superfan this year. DirecTV has really gone downhill in the last three years, and I am getting pretty fed up with it!

For the first 9-10 years I recommended DirecTV to everyone, now I hate them like the I.R.S.! I have spent over $18,000 to DirecTV those last 13 years, and I am getting tired of getting taken advantage of! Besides, if I am forced to pay $9.99 to get a measly ~12 HD channels, plus the ever-increasing NFL-ST fee (in 1994 it was $119 .. now it is $229) and then they force you to pay the $99 Superfan ON TOP OF that!

Don't get me started on DirecTV! :evil: $328 to watch my Skins in HD! Now I know you guys with tickets to FedEx pay a lot more than that, but then I don't get the stadium atmosphere like getting pissed on by a Philthy Buzzards fan! :rolleyes:

We've been discussing this ad nauseum over at the dbstalk forum. I have subscribed to the top tier package from DirecTV AND NFL-ST since 1994 plus the HD package for the last two years (so now I am well over $100/month), four DVRs (DirecTiVos since 2000 and the new HR20 since last Summer), ALWAYS pay on time, am told I am an "A-list" customer, yet they flat out told me that there would be no free or reduced cost Superfan this year. DirecTV has really gone downhill in the last three years, and I am getting pretty fed up with it!

For the first 9-10 years I recommended DirecTV to everyone, now I hate them like the I.R.S.! I have spent over $18,000 to DirecTV those last 13 years, and I am getting tired of getting taken advantage of! Besides, if I am forced to pay $9.99 to get a measly ~12 HD channels, plus the ever-increasing NFL-ST fee (in 1994 it was $119 .. now it is $229) and then they force you to pay the $99 Superfan ON TOP OF that!

Don't get me started on DirecTV! :evil: $328 to watch my Skins in HD! Now I know you guys with tickets to FedEx pay a lot more than that, but then I don't get the stadium atmosphere like getting pissed on by a Philthy Buzzards fan! :rolleyes:

Well, I pay well over a hundred dollars a month also, so if I call and they tell me that I can't get "Super Fan" free, I'm going to be just as pissed as you.

(I'm waiting for them to get the bugs out of their HD DVR),

I've been "testing" the HR20 since August, and while it is nowhere near as awful as it was back then, and does add some nice functionality that I would like to see TiVo adopt like being able to look at the Now Playing list, schedule recordings, etc all while still watching Live TV or without exiting your recording, it will never (IMO) be as good a DVR as a DirecTiVo! I have missed recordings, the remote doesn't work properly a lot of the time, ...

My hope is that now that News Corp has sold its majority interest in DirecTV to Liberty, TiVo will be welcomed back to develop their future DVRs. DirecTV has NO business building their own DVR!

I'm gona take the plunge.. I have been looking into it lately.. I have had Sunday Ticket for 6 or 7 years now. And I got a HD plasma last summer.. Now I would like to experience Redskins in HD..

A couple things got me worried though. First the Super Fan package says it only shows "up to 125 games in HD." So how may Redskins games might I expect to see? A friend from work has it, he is a 49ers fan, and he tells me all but 1 were HD broadcast last season. 2nd I have the old Tivo. And the Series 3 HD Tivo cost like $600. And I like to watch on a lilttle delay so that I can get through comercials for the first half at least. So its a pretty big investment. Im a big Tivo fan. But might have to consider the DirecTV HDDVR.. If anyone has it.. How much did it cost you? I would like to know how it compares to the Tivo III.

How do you know if you are on their A list? I've been a customer for 10-11 years and had Sunday Ticket every year. I don't remember hearing anything on a recording before.

Thats jsut what I hear when I am navigating through their phone system. Maybe it has to do with the amount of total money you have spent...like one of the other posters I have spent thousands...$100 per month for the package comes out to $1,200 per year...13 years worth of Sunday Ticket at an average of $190...itall comes out to about $18,000...that may have something to do with it...I dunnow...

But my whole thing is...I want them to show me a lil' love after 13 years and 18k...

Persoanlly, I could NOT live without the Ticket...even if they charged $2,000 per year I would HAVE to pay it...I have watched 196 consecutive Redskins games either in person or through Sunday Ticket...not bad considering I live in Arizona.

Love the SuperFan, I spend my sundays over my bud's house to watch the games, he has a 61" TV for the superfan (DirectTV), 1 27" for the local baltimore/other (VERIZON Fios) and one 19' LCD with over air HD for the Skins games.

Best Fantasy Football setup ever !!!! :point2sky

Even if I was not into FF it is a great setup because I love every single game that is played during the season..

Dam, are we thier yet :D

-Perturbed

A couple things got me worried though. First the Super Fan package says it only shows "up to 125 games in HD." So how may Redskins games might I expect to see? A friend from work has it, he is a 49ers fan, and he tells me all but 1 were HD broadcast last season.

I have the Super fan pkg & it does rock. Regarding skins games in HD - be thankful we're on Fox. Stupid CBS is too cheap to have HD set ups at all their games, so the only Skins games that are not HD are b level games home games vs AFC opponents, so max 2 per year, perhaps less if it's a prime time vs AFC or if CBS uses one of their few HD setups for the game.

The best thing about SuperFan is the 30 minute shortcuts of every non-prime-time game. That combined with a TiVo and a TV tuner card means I have literally watched 95% of the NFL games played last year.

It's a great way to spend the offseason. :)

Love the SuperFan, I spend my sundays over my bud's house to watch the games, he has a 61" TV for the superfan (DirectTV), 1 27" for the local baltimore/other (VERIZON Fios) and one 19' LCD with over air HD for the Skins games.

Best Fantasy Football setup ever !!!! :point2sky

Even if I was not into FF it is a great setup because I love every single game that is played during the season..

Dam, are we thier yet :D

-Perturbed

We almost there homie and we will be sittin on these 2 recliners like it is nobodys buisness!!!!

The thing that pisses me off is all I want is the HD... I have to get the Super Fan and all it's garbage that I don't even use just to see the games in HD.. To me that's a crock of sheeeeot!

Also factor in that you don't even get all of the games in HD due to CBS only sending the HD equipment out to selected games.

Archived