Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Skins Games from Distant Lands

Here's one last quickie grab. Just in case anyone is wondering, yes you can play it full screen. In fact, I usually have my computer hooked up to the secondary input on my television. I just fire up Slingbox in full screen, switch to that input on my TV, and watch the game as usual.

Wow thats actually some good quality. I can't figure out what I should do for the games that won't be on up here in NY. It seems like I have four choices:

1) slingbox 2) yahoo 3) itunes or 4) find it elsewhere online. Not sure which one is the best.

In regards to watching the Skins games from distant lands, I am not that distant but I certainly feel your pain. I will try and keep my site up to date with highlights. I have finally had some free time and have finished the 2006-2007 season (although I'm missing three games). I will try and keep it up to date during the season as well for people who can't catch the games for one reason or another. http://redskinsnation.net

The only drawback was the 10am start time for the east coast games. Getting up early on Sunday after a busy Saturday night can be rough, and if you try to start drinking again, you are housed by 1pm which is pretty counter productive.

Games start a little earlier than that over here, lol. Oh, and no drinking at 2-3AM since its Monday morning also.

Wow thats actually some good quality. I can't figure out what I should do for the games that won't be on up here in NY. It seems like I have four choices:

1) slingbox 2) yahoo 3) itunes or 4) find it elsewhere online. Not sure which one is the best.

In regards to watching the Skins games from distant lands, I am not that distant but I certainly feel your pain. I will try and keep my site up to date with highlights. I have finally had some free time and have finished the 2006-2007 season (although I'm missing three games). I will try and keep it up to date during the season as well for people who can't catch the games for one reason or another. http://redskinsnation.net

I LOVE your site, go there all the time... I didn't know that it was you who ran it. Unfortunately thats not gonna be enough for me in season. I have a compulsive need to watch every play. When I was younger, when I would get in trouble my mom would make me do work during the game and I would literally sprint from outside or upstairs everytime my brother yelled "It's back!" and hope my mom never caught me (which she always did of course).

Couple quick questions: How does iTunes work for games (just audio or with video, what quality) and how soon are they generally available after the games and how much do they cost? How does the Yahoo system work and how much does it cost? (I can't seem to find anything on Yahoo's site...I'll bet it won't be up till much closer to the season)?

I LOVE your site, go there all the time... I didn't know that it was you who ran it. Unfortunately thats not gonna be enough for me in season. I have a compulsive need to watch every play. When I was younger, when I would get in trouble my mom would make me do work during the game and I would literally sprint from outside or upstairs everytime my brother yelled "It's back!" and hope my mom never caught me (which she always did of course).

Couple quick questions: How does iTunes work for games (just audio or with video, what quality) and how soon are they generally available after the games and how much do they cost? How does the Yahoo system work and how much does it cost? (I can't seem to find anything on Yahoo's site...I'll bet it won't be up till much closer to the season)?

From What I heard I-Tunes only has Highlights after the game for 1.99

please elaborate on the yahoo service--can you download games, or is it only live stream? has anyone else tried this?

same question for the slingbox thing--i would rather not have to watch a game at 3 am if I don't have to

Slingbox is live as its streamed from your tv to some other location. The yahoo service I believe is live as well. Might be a slight delay on both of them.

EDIT: From Yahoo's site description

"Live broadcast of every NFL regular season game"

Thanks I'm glad you enjoy the site. Its a lot of effort, but I think its worth it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nflgamepass

http://nflvideostreaming.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-watch-live-nfl-games-on-your-pc.html

Itunes as someone else said is highlights for 1.99 put up sometime after the game so that wont help you either I guess.

Thanks I'm glad you enjoy the site. Its a lot of effort, but I think its worth it.

http://nflvideostreaming.blogspot.com/2006/09/how-to-watch-live-nfl-games-on-your-pc.html

Itunes as someone else said is highlights for 1.99 put up sometime after the game so that wont help you either I guess.

Thanks for the help man. Thanks for the updates on the site too, I was out of the country for the Giants game so I had to listen to it on the radio, and that was the most highlights I've seen of that game. JC lit it up there late. One request/suggestion though is I kinda wish you would include some of the most important plays of the game even if they aren't good playsfor the Redskins (like Tiki Barber's big TD runs in that game). Obviously you can't just put up the entire game I assume, but it helps to bring the games to life for me to see the whole picture good and bad.

Yea, Itunes is kinda worthless, but you get what you pay for there. Idk about the Yahoo gamepass... $250 bucks is kinda steep for me there. Plus, I shudder to think about how wasted my life would be if I had access to all of that football. The best thing about it though is that you can save the games to your computer to watch (again) later. I'll have to think about it versus the Slingbox. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help man. Thanks for the updates on the site too, I was out of the country for the Giants game so I had to listen to it on the radio, and that was the most highlights I've seen of that game. JC lit it up there late. One request/suggestion though is I kinda wish you would include some of the most important plays of the game even if they aren't good playsfor the Redskins (like Tiki Barber's big TD runs in that game). Obviously you can't just put up the entire game I assume, but it helps to bring the games to life for me to see the whole picture good and bad.

Yea, Itunes is kinda worthless, but you get what you pay for there. Idk about the Yahoo gamepass... $250 bucks is kinda steep for me there. Plus, I shudder to think about how wasted my life would be if I had access to all of that football. The best thing about it though is that you can save the games to your computer to watch (again) later. I'll have to think about it versus the Slingbox. Thanks again.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll certainly consider it. I've never been sure of whether people wanted to see the "bad" highlights.

I wonder if multiple people can login at the same time for the yahoo gamepass? Anyone know? Like you said the gamepass lets you a) watch every game and B) save it. Slingbox can only do a if you have directv and I dont think b is possible although I have seen some guides that discuss how to record the streams so I guess it is. What is the quality of the game pass footage anybody?

this is what their webpage says

DESCRIPTION OF THE SERVICE.

The Service is comprised of two subscription packages of NFL live and/or on-demand streaming on Yahoo! of NFL games. The first is a weekly package of all NFL games broadcast during that seasonal week (Wednesday through Tuesday Pacific Standard Time each week of the season). The second is a seasonal package for all NFL games broadcast throughout the season. Please note that not all NFL games will be available on a live basis due to local broadcast restrictions and that on-demand NFL games will only be available until 24 hours following the end of the game broadcast.

Anything that shows on your screen should be recordable on a DVR or VCR.

On your COMPUTER screen?? Yea we all agree that it can be recorded at the place where the slingbox is installed, but if I'm away at college and watching on my computer through the slingbox the stream is encoded so that it can't be saved to your computer according to an earlier poster that uses Slingbox(I think Zen-like Todd).

On your COMPUTER screen?? Yea we all agree that it can be recorded at the place where the slingbox is installed, but if I'm away at college and watching on my computer through the slingbox the stream is encoded so that it can't be saved to your computer according to an earlier poster that uses Slingbox(I think Zen-like Todd).

Oh, a monitor. I would get a little converter box to use your TV as a monitor, and try that route. My laptop has a TV out on the graphics card. And my DVD player records to DVD-RW. It's do-able, and can be scheduled with timers, but it might not be the easiest way.

Or maybe my TV out is on the tuner card. Please, don't make me open her up again.

Slingbox only allows you to watch on PC what is on the television or reciever that the slingbox is connected to. So to be able to watch Redskins games you would need to have a slingbox connected to a source that was carrying the games - ie in the US.

What would work for you though is subscribing to NFL Game Pass which is a bit like Sunday ticket in that it gives you access to every game live and allows you access via the interent. This is only available to people living outside the US.

The link to the service is below (though you can't subscribe for next season yet)

It cost me $250 last season and I got to watch EVERY Redskins game live. I'm getting a home theatre PC and hooking it up to my 50'' plasma for next year!!

you are the MAN!! I'll be thankful for the rest of my life!!! :notworthy

http://www.haruth.com/WRRemoteAreas.html#Georgia

Call the place before the 1st game and ask them if they still have a redskins fan club there.

Thanks, but I'm going to be at the University of Georgia in Athens which is about an hour outside of Atlanta and regardless I won't have a car. I bet alot of other people on ES would really like that site though.

I live in Southern California and watched most of the Skins games on my home PC.

streamtvnow.tv

Its cheap, 3 month sub for about $14 or so.

Requirements are Firefox and some plug ins and boom, you're good to go. Cheap and u don't have to leave the house.

Dude, Guam is a distant land, Georgia is not.:laugh: You at least have the option of direct TV and the NFL package. You could do the same in Guam if it wasn't for the pesky thing some call the "curvature of the earth" preventing the Direct TV satellite service from working on the other side of the planet:laugh:. If you do not want to splurge for direct TV, seek out your nearest Buffalo Wild Wings or other such sports bar that shows all the games.

Dude, Guam is a distant land, Georgia is not.:laugh: You at least have the option of direct TV and the NFL package. You could do the same in Guam if it wasn't for the pesky thing some call the "curvature of the earth" preventing the Direct TV satellite service from working on the other side of the planet:laugh:. If you do not want to splurge for direct TV, seek out your nearest Buffalo Wild Wings or other such sports bar that shows all the games.

OK you win, you live further away.:) You should check out that Yahoo NFL Gamepass dude. You get the entire season, every NFL game live and on-demand for 24 hours after the game ends for $250. Pretty cool deal.

OK you win, you live further away.:) You should check out that Yahoo NFL Gamepass dude. You get the entire season, every NFL game live and on-demand for 24 hours after the game ends for $250. Pretty cool deal.

:cheers: How is the picture quality i.e. normal TV, HD TV or typical internet/YouTube quality?

Ahh the beauty of GOOGLE.....a google search turned up the following page with the following info: Granted you are obviously going to have more opportunity if you are near a cit (in this case Atlanta of course) but there could easily be some place u could watch....also...search for "fan clubs" they are out there....might meet some fellow transplanted skins fans who may have a Dish with Sunday ticket :)

http://www.haruth.com/WRRemoteAreas.html

Georgia

Atlanta area

Jocks N Jills Sports Bar

4046 Peachtree Road Northeast

Atlanta, GA 30319

(404) 816-2801

The Sand Bar

2425 Piedmont Rd.

N.E., Atlanta, GA

(404)237-7217

Thad & Joe's Bar and Grill

in Midtown Atlanta

889 W. Peachtree St.

(between 7th and 8th streets) 11am - 2am

404-874-5535

The Wing Factory

in the Buckhead section of Atlanta

4279 Roswell Rd.

(404) 255-4460

Has the Redskins on the wall screen with sound.

Diggers Sports Grill

8540 Roswell Road

Sandy Springs

770-587-2005

On the big screen, with SOUND! Marietta

Sidelines Sports Bar & Grill

2359 Windy Hill Rd SE

Marietta, GA 30067-8638

770-226-0111

Archived