Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Skins Games from Distant Lands

Ahh the beauty of GOOGLE.....a google search turned up the following page with the following info: Granted you are obviously going to have more opportunity if you are near a cit (in this case Atlanta of course) but there could easily be some place u could watch....also...search for "fan clubs" they are out there....might meet some fellow transplanted skins fans who may have a Dish with Sunday ticket :)

http://www.haruth.com/WRRemoteAreas.html

Bro that same EXACT link was posted just six posts before yours and, while I appreciate the effort, that site doesn't help b/c none of the places are anywhere near UGA (where I'm going in the fall) and I'm not gonna have a car. Besides I really don't wanna have to watch the game in a bar. Like I said before, thats just not how I like to watch my Skins. I've actually been to that first place-Jocks and Jills- b/c my brother lived a few blocks from there. A little advice, don't try their attempt at making a philly cheesesteak ;) .

:cheers: How is the picture quality i.e. normal TV, HD TV or typical internet/YouTube quality?

Couldn't tell you I haven't tried it since I actually only live 30 minutes outside D.C. right now and won't be moving till I head off to college in August. But I'd have to guess that if if you had a decent internet connection it wouldn't be bad quality since this is a legal way of watching the games through a well known company and not just some online site streaming the game. Yahoo won't put together a real ****ty production. If you want to try out it out you can buy just the first week and then decide if you want to buy the whole season or not. :2cents: But once again I just learned the service existed by reading this thread.

One way is to find a sports bar that has Sunday Ticket, another way is to find someone with a slingbox and can stream you the feed. You can also get live play-by-play updates on NFL.com

This is one sure fire way of seeing the Redskins game, by simply going to a sports bar.:2cents: :cheers:

This is how I have been doing it for years. I will watch the sunday featured game for highlights and follow the Redskins' game on NFL.com. If we are all blessed, we will be playing in the featured game each week.

I have tried the sports bar thing, but am tired of loudmouth drunks!

Whatever you do, make sure you travel to wherever you can to see the Skins play at least one game in person. Last year I was able to see 5, the year before 3. Being away from home and not having the ability to watch every game, it almost makes up for it to see them play in person.

I tried the sports bar thing for the first time two years ago and man, it was great. When I first went and all the Redskins fans started singing "Hail to the Redskins" after scores, I knew then and there that I was going to continue going during the football seasons year after year.

Since I live in San Antonio, Texas, of course there are many loudmouth cowgirl fans. With the team looking like it's going to make a turnaround, I'll enjoy seeing those cowwimp fans disappointed and angered just like I have these past two years.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :point2sky

Anyone know of a good bar around Maryville or Knoxville, Tennessee? I'm hoping maybe a big Vols fan like Bubba might know.

The sports bar I found near me last year is kind of trashy, and doesn't have a lot of TVs, thus you have to get there early to secure a TV playing the game you want.

:cheers: How is the picture quality i.e. normal TV, HD TV or typical internet/YouTube quality?

Picture quality is YouTube ish via my broadband and on my laptop. I am going to invest in a HTPC set up and hook it up via HDMI to my plasma for next seaon but I doubt that will increase the picture quality.

Its very watchable but not TV quality. Beats the heck of watching the stats and play by play on NFL.com. It is the best thing sliced bread as far as I am concerned.

Archived