Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ers Fans' Opinion on Campbell

Jino

Huh? Jeff Garcia was pretty darn good for them including 3 Pro Bowls and two years in the playoffs.

Word!

He was great in that offense. back to back 30 TD years. 2nd biggest comeback in playoff history.

He's a gamer. As tough as they come.

I remember some of us wishing we'd sign him as a FA, before trading for Noodle Arm.

http://49ersforums.fusiontools.net/messageboard/showthread.php?t=26946

They're debating who's the better QB, Smith or Campbell.

It looks like a lot of them respect Campbell's abilities.

It's nice other fans recognizing our QB.

I stumbled upon this thread because I was looking for info on Taylor Jacobs.

I always thought he would be a solid receiver.

Too bad he hasn't been able to accomplish anything.

I read through all 4 pages of posts. Those guys were real fair and pretty objective.

I really hope this turns into the new debate of greatness. Campbell and Smith seem like the best two out of this new generation of QBS (Big Ben, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, etc.) To me, Alex Smith has shown more potential to develop into a superstar, even without having a lot of weapons. It's good to see him get Vernon Davis, who I think is going to be one of, if not the best tight end in the game, very very soon. I'd love to see him get another weapon (I've never really been impressed by Darrell Jackson), so everyone can see that the dude has game. He stepped into some huge shoes, and I really think he's shown flashes of greatness. I want to see him do well, and finally give the 49ers some of their dominance back in that weak division.

Good to see that these people, who have seen greatness, aren't biased because of it.

Yeah, they were surprisingly evenhanded in their assessments of both QBs. Nice to see a discussion about the Skins where blind hatred of Snyder or the free agent signings don't pollute the debate. Hell, we barely see that here lol :laugh:...

Haha, true, true. It was kind of nice to see some actual objective analysis on one of these boards, rather than knee-jerk homerism. It really is something of a toss-up question, and could realistically go either way

Huh? Jeff Garcia was pretty darn good for them including 3 Pro Bowls and two years in the playoffs.

yea he was, but i guess i was more referring to just the whole situation being a fiasco there (granted TO didn't help matters in the locker room). even in his last few years there there was a controversey. i think i only said "garcia" b/c for the life of me i can't remember the other 3 or 4 guys they had in the organization, oh wait Tim Ratay was there, who else?

I am thinking the 49ers have made so many free agent pick-ups they may not be as good as expected. The more people you pick up the harder it is to keep good team chemistry. The one thing they have going for them is no coaching changes so I could be 100% wrong in my assessment :D.

If I had to put money down I'd say at best they are 9-7 and lose on wild card weekend.

To be honest, Smith is the QB I'm expecting to improve the most in the NFL this season along with Campbell. Knowing the season that Gore had last year and having Hall there to return KO's(I think he's in SF?) for better field position, a healthy TE in Vernon Davis...I could see him having a great season.

To be honest, Smith is the QB I'm expecting to improve the most in the NFL this season along with Campbell. Knowing the season that Gore had last year and having Hall there to return KO's(I think he's in SF?) for better field position, a healthy TE in Vernon Davis...I could see him having a great season.

I think Hall went to the Rams

yea he was, but i guess i was more referring to just the whole situation being a fiasco there (granted TO didn't help matters in the locker room). even in his last few years there there was a controversey. i think i only said "garcia" b/c for the life of me i can't remember the other 3 or 4 guys they had in the organization, oh wait Tim Ratay was there, who else?

Ken Dorsey?

Ken Dorsey?

Was he the guy getting so much hype back in 2004 when the Skins played the 49ers? Whoever that QB was, the announcers actually tried to indirectly compare him to Joe Montana lol :doh:...

Smith should be the real deal for them, though. I hope he is, we need both the 49ers and the Skins to regain their prominence in the conference.

Aside from a couple of blatant homer remarks, the SF fans had a pretty good analysis. I found it interesting that nobody there brought up the fact that Smith will be working with a new OC this season....I guess with Hostler being from the Norvall school of playcalling, they thing that not much is going to change from last season, but Hostler is also influenced by other coaches as well, to include Jimmy Raye, who has been said to be the biggest influence on him, and with Mike McCarthy. I'm guessing that Hostler won't overhaul the offense, probably just tweak it a bit.

It'll be a coin flip with who's going to be better this season, but it'll be fun to watch...esp. if Campbell turns out to be the QB that we all hope he can be. :point2sky

the 9ers are a good young team and thier fans have lots to be excited about, i just can't believe some on that board are excited about thier #2 wr being ashley lelie!?! He has to be the worst WR in the league. bad hands, even worse at running routes, not physical nor does he have wiggle. he just runs good 40's. Ashley lelie= the WR version of trung candidate.

I really hope this turns into the new debate of greatness. Campbell and Smith seem like the best two out of this new generation of QBS (Big Ben, Romo sits to pee, Rivers, etc.) To me, Alex Smith has shown more potential to develop into a superstar, even without having a lot of weapons. It's good to see him get Vernon Davis, who I think is going to be one of, if not the best tight end in the game, very very soon. I'd love to see him get another weapon (I've never really been impressed by Darrell Jackson), so everyone can see that the dude has game. He stepped into some huge shoes, and I really think he's shown flashes of greatness. I want to see him do well, and finally give the 49ers some of their dominance back in that weak division.

Good to see that these people, who have seen greatness, aren't biased because of it.

While I hope that statement some day will be true but as of right now Big Ben is the best, the guy won a ring his second year. Rivers was really solid, but any Qb could have been good with the kind of running attack LT provides, but right now I would put Ben and Rivers ahead of Campbell, Romo sits to pee, and Smith...

you know whats funny. i have the same bet going on with my buddy. hes a true niner fan and im a die hard redskins fan.. i swear i thought that was his post on the niner forum then i calle dhim up and he said it wasnt him. wierd.. u know what, campbell is going to give me 150 bucks. cant wait

Archived