Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

49ers Fans' Opinion on Campbell

Jino

http://49ersforums.fusiontools.net/messageboard/showthread.php?t=26946

They're debating who's the better QB, Smith or Campbell.

It looks like a lot of them respect Campbell's abilities.

It's nice other fans recognizing our QB.

I stumbled upon this thread because I was looking for info on Taylor Jacobs.

I always thought he would be a solid receiver.

Too bad he hasn't been able to accomplish anything.

good find... these guys are not too high on anyone else on our offense... moss= poor mans steve smith... "Campbell has PORTIS, MOSS, LLOYD, RANDLE EL, and COOLEY. These guys didn't do nothing last season. We'll see!"

portis was hurt but he was doing pretty good when he went down, cooley is always solid, randle el had flashes, lloyd, well we will see what he has this season.

Yeah, they were surprisingly evenhanded in their assessments of both QBs. Nice to see a discussion about the Skins where blind hatred of Snyder or the free agent signings don't pollute the debate. Hell, we barely see that here lol :laugh:...

:laugh::laugh: Yeah, I would say there is more blind hatred for Snyder and his signings here then most any other site.

good find... these guys are not too high on anyone else on our offense... moss= poor mans steve smith... "Campbell has PORTIS, MOSS, LLOYD, RANDLE EL, and COOLEY. These guys didn't do nothing last season. We'll see!"

portis was hurt but he was doing pretty good when he went down, cooley is always solid, randle el had flashes, lloyd, well we will see what he has this season.

Yeah, they would be lucky to have Davis be almost as good as Cooley. He is tops in the league, just have to look at his production.

I wanna ask them who will have a better record, the 'skins or the '9ers. I'm sure 95% will say the 9ers, but I think the Redskins have a really good shot at having a better record this year.

I also want to ask them if they remember when Brunell dropped 52 points on them! Hahaha!

On another note, while I was visiting their board, I found out that Taylor Jacobs needs an explosive camp to stay on the team. He apparently is a favorite of their receivers coach, Jerry Sullivan. Doesn't that remind you of his tenure here?

shouldn't be too much of a surprise, 49's fans do know qb's.

what did they do, go about 17 years with montana and young and then have to watch garcia and co stumble around worse than denver fans waiting for elway's replacement. they've seen both sides of coin.

A lot of positive feedback for Campbell, that's nice to see.

But when it came down to votes it appears the homerism got in the way.

107 - 8 in favor of A.Smith. (93%)

I would have thought it really strange if it had turned out any other way.

Both QB's were drafted in '05. Smith was thrown into the fire right away. Campbell held clip for the old man for 26 games.

I really like the comparison because Campbell and Smith had exactly opposite introductions to the pro game. If they both have lengthy careers it will be interesting to see who benefited most from their first two seasons in the league.

I hate to say it, but if Norv hadn't split, I think Smith would have the edge this season.

and then have to watch garcia and co stumble around worse than denver fans waiting for elway's replacement. they've seen both sides of coin.

Huh? Jeff Garcia was pretty darn good for them including 3 Pro Bowls and two years in the playoffs.

Archived