Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Paris back in jail

Boots

Absolutely the case again. However, see my above bold quotation. If they only intended to give her 3 days for parole violation, then why didn't they announce it that way, and why are similar circumstances (without the money and fame) not handled the same way.

Personally, target or no target, she needed to go to the regular jail, for her entire original sentence plus whatever she was convicted for this time. If there are no deterents, and no dues paying (the two most common reasons for putting someone in jail), then the other folks in similar circustances are really being punished for being poor and unimportant. Irregardless of which end of the spectrum you are on, that's not American Justice, and it is just plain wrong.

She is getting 40 days house arrest plus 3 days in jail i think that is plenty for her crime.

I could care less if she got released early. Now her vacant room can be used for something useful like holding a murderer/rapist/drug offender.. etc.. etc.. instead of cheesy DUI probation offenders (Hit em in the pocket book harder where it hurts)

They have to protect her, that is the problem. It costs more to have someone like that in jail because in the inmate world she is a huge target because of her status.

Killing someone and getting arrested for not having a license or drinking and driving are just a little bit different.

Dude she was gonna be in solitary confinement. 23 hours in her cell w/o a roomate. She was gonna be fine.

poor excuse. let her go back to being some kind of role model, god only knows how she is looked up to by young teen girls........i guess being a slut, dumb arse, rich only because of daddy makes your a role model now adays.

I could care less if she got released early. Now her vacant room can be used for something useful like holding a murderer/rapist/drug offender.. etc.. etc.. instead of cheesy DUI probation offenders (Hit em in the pocket book harder where it hurts)

more like make room for the accused rapist/murderer, you know the ones that get the appointed lawyer that barely made it out of school.

a different time for this discussion tho.

Dude she was gonna be in solitary confinement. 23 hours in her cell w/o a roomate. She was gonna be fine.

poor excuse. let her go back to being some kind of role model, god only knows how she is looked up to by young teen girls........i guess being a slut, dumb arse, rich only because of daddy makes your a role model now adays.

solitary confinement is worse then general pop, try to be in a cell for 23 hours :doh: that is where they put the other criminals when they misbehave

solitary confinement is worse then general pop, try to be in a cell for 23 hours :doh: that is where they put the other criminals when they misbehave

yeah its bad, but your earlier reasoning for her to get let out is she might actually die in there or get hurt is wrong if she wasn't with the gen pop.

dude she didn't have a cell mate. Don't you watch entertainment tonight like the rest of us losers.

She was released for a medical condition, and now getting house arrest.

I don't see the poor and unimportant getting 3 days + house arrest for a "medical condition", even those who are beaten and sexually assaulted every day.

folks, parole violation is just as bad as a lot of victim based crimes, because the person stood before a court, and promised the judge that they would be accountable for their good behavior in exchange for a sentencing break. When a parolee breaks their word, they forfeit the right to any type of decent treatment because they cannot be trusted any further to hold to the laws of society, their personal honor, etc. That is why most parole violators go to jail and serve out their original sentence, plus time for the new infraction. Let's either release all parole violators, period, or re-incarcerate Paris as a parole violator while she is getting treated for her medical condition.

To do otherwise just isn't justice.

CNN reporting that the 'medical condition' had to do with her refusing to eat some of the food served to her

He said privacy rules prohibited him from giving details about the medical issues, but celebrity Web site TMZ.com earlier quoted sources saying Hilton was refusing to eat much of the jail food served her.

Whitmore said that after "extensive consultation with medical personnel" it was decided to offer Hilton "reassignment" to home confinement, which she and her attorneys accepted. (Watch Hilton enter jail Video)

Now Sharpton is out there saying its a double standard and that he had fasted a few times while serving time for minor offenses. And while they had doctors look at him each day, he wasn't let out early.

This may be one of the first times I agree with him.

Now Sharpton is out there saying its a double standard and that he had fasted a few times while serving time for minor offenses. And while they had doctors look at him each day, he wasn't let out early.

This may be one of the first times I agree with him.

one person is a male over 250 and the other is a girl about 80 lbs there is a difference :)

Yeah, I know. And its still a little unknown what's really going on, but makes me wonder.....can you just refuse to eat food and they'll let you out if you're a waif?

if you are in for something minor and are no flight risk what soever then yes they will look at other ways for you to serve your time

this happens all the time in jails it just is not reported or in the news like this

i worked at the fairfax county sherrif office and we had people that would work their jobs during their week and then come in to be locked up on the weekends etc...

Archived