Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

To all those in the DC area.

Idaho fan

First - Mods sorry if this is in the wrong forum but my question is related to the Skins.

I really need some of your expert advice on when to plan a trip to DC. and attend a game at Fed Ex. My options are:

10/7 vs. Lions

10/21 vs. Cards

11/11 vs. Eagles

Things to factor in to your advice:

*This will be my (and my families) first home game - ever! (bout time!)

We have been to several away games but never a home game.

*We will be staying for about 10 days and make a vacation out of this trip -

want to see the sights you know... is there a better time to be in DC

for that reason? I was there about 22 years ago with my parents and

thought it was great - so much to see. I hope my kids can enjoy the

game but also have a similar experience to what I had.

Also, I will be shopping for tickets (four) over the next couple months. I have heard people complain about certain seats in FedEx - give me some advice on the best sections to sit if you can. I hope to get 4 decent seats for about $600-$800 and not get stuck behind a column or something.

Thanks for any help! This trip will be a dream come true for me and it was actually my wifes idea! :cheers:

Lions and Cards games will be less crowded, but will also have more Skins fans. That being said, the Eagles games have some unmatched intensity from both fans and players. If you want to see a win, go to Lions or Cards - we should win both easily. Eagles we have a shot to beat at home, a harder game than the other two for sure, but beatable definitely.

But if you can only go to one game, then go to StubHub.com and pay extra for some great seats. I know it's expensive, but I remember being a kid, and having close up seats is what really forever locked me in as a fan.

I would say Lions. From the pic above, you've been to a Cards game. Since you have 2 lil ones also, honestly, its a luck of the draw where you sit if you would go to the Eagles game. What I mean is, you might sit near some really schitty Eagles fans and you don't wanna have the kids around that.

If you want to increase the chances of your wife and boys having fun, avoid the eagles game. They have some really foul-mouthed an abusive fans. Me and my mates will give it right back to them, but kids don't need to see that stuff.

I'd go to the Lions game. You've already seen us play the cards, it's early enough in the season that we should all still have hope and we should have a pretty full house.

Plus, DC is lovely that time of year. Cool and crisp but not too chilly at night (the best time to visit the monuments).

You should be fine at stubhub for that price range.

Eagles game:eaglesuck if you want a pumped up game, not to mention rival game. Cool part of the year. Oh you are bringing little one? Go to Cards(E. James,M. Leinhart, L. Fitzgerald) or Lions(C. Johnson ???), not as rowdy as the Eagles game would be. CARDS

1st. Do not pay over face value for any tickets. When I went to every game last year I had to get a lap pass at the FedEx ticket window for my daughter and they had available seats that you could buy. I saw this for 3 separate games so if you can't find them for at or BELOW face value then just go to the Stadium.

2nd. Lions will be your best bet because people will want to see the Cardinals new super stars play against our super stars. That should be a good match up and Eagles is to violent for kids.

I'm doing the same thing this year...bringing my wife and 2 kids to a game... we live in Arizona...the most important thing to me is to see a WIN...That is why I am looking at the Dolphins or Lions games.

For $200 per ticket you can get upper level between the 30's at most ticket brokers...you can get lower level in the corner for that price too but your wife and kids may not appreciate that view as much.

We also plan on doing some sight seeing...we might fly into New York and do some stuff there then take a train down to Baltimore...never been on a real train before...for that matter, I have never been on any public transit either...no public buses for me...lol

I've been to Fed Ex for 3 games...we are 2-1 in those. The season opener last year still gives me sadness...my advise...pick a game we are most likley to win...Miami, Detroit, Arizona, or Buffalo are the most likley in IMO.

Why are there so many skins fans in Idaho? It just seems disproportionate. There are a lot of you. And you smell like potatos. :)

There are many Redskins fans nationwide since DC is the capital of the U.S. Do not disregard any true 'Skins fan!!

Reason #1 not to go the Eagles game: You're bringing your family. Even if you're lucky enough to not draw abuse directed at you by Eagles fans, you and your family will surely see it directed at others. It can get very ugly. Your family's first Redskins home game should be full of positive memories, not negative memories.

Reason #2 not to go to the Eagles game: October is typically the most beautiful month in Washington, weather-wise. Temps in the '80s are not unheard of and the fall foliage usually peaks toward the end of the month.

Pick either the Lions or the Cardinals.

Reason #1 not to go the Eagles game: You're bringing your family. Even if you're lucky enough to not draw abuse directed at you by Eagles fans, you and your family will surely see it directed at others. It can get very ugly. Your family's first Redskins home game should be full of positive memories, not negative memories.

Reason #2 not to go to the Eagles game: October is typically the most beautiful month in Washington, weather-wise. Temps in the '80s are not unheard of and the fall foliage usually peaks toward the end of the month.

Pick either the Lions or the Cardinals.

I would agree with this assessment. Since you are going to be doing much more than the Skins game I would come to the earliest game. The weather should be great so you can just walk around the Mall downtown and do the whole tourist thing. It should be quite a memorable experience for your kids.

Eagles fans are tools and could potentially ruin a family vacation so I say stick with the out of division games. If you were going with a buddy or some friends I would say the Eagles game if only to fill more seats with non-eagles fans but trust me, their fans suck at being guests at fedex. Have fun!

true, but most likely not with little kids. i will be going TO philly for the eagles game this year, again. last year was intense, nothing tops walking into the lions den in full redskins garb being booed by 80% of onlookers.

I agree with BLC here. Philthy fans are some of the worst. Go to the Lions game, watch CJ shoot lazer beams out of his eyes and fire out of his arse, and the Skins continue their win streak. While you're here, you can enjoy the fall weather, leaves changing maybe, hit the monuments, museums, National Zoo, Baltimore Aquarium etc.

Going to Philthy in burgundy & gold is priceless. My buddies and I went in Week 17 '05, the game that secured the paloffs. We sat Row 1 Home side, lots of memories.

Thanks everyone... I agree with the majority - since I will have my young sons (8 & 12) with me I want it all to be positive and avoid idiot drunk Eagle fans. Sounds like the October Lions game would be my best bet for good weather and a good game for the family. I will make a home game against the Cowboys or Eagles next year.

I have always enjoyed the tailgate parties at away games - I assume there is a decent tailgate at home games? I assume ES memebers get together?

Archived