Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A-Rod is bush leauge

artmonkforHOF

I hate the yanks and A rod, but that is pretty clever. I wish I had thought of that. You ever used that play when your at first base, you fake the throw back to the pitcher. Then when the runner takes a lead, you still have the ball? IS that bush?

That move actually is illegal unless the pitcher is off of the mound.

Saying it's Bush League does not mean it's illegal.

Just that it's Bush League.

There are unwritten codes in Baseball.

True.

You dont look at the catcher to get signs while in the batters box ie.

False. You can't possibly believe this one. You are taught from the time a kid is capable of understanding the game to steal signs. You look for anything you can to get a read on the pitcher.

You dont bunt to break up a no-hitter in the 9th (unless your down only a run MAYBE).

True/False. Not everyone lives by this rule. I've had a few attempts to break one up on me by bunting.

You dont steal with a big lead in the 9th. Etc.

True/False. Depends on what level of competition we're talking about here. In the majors? No. Minor leagues on down? You better believe it and for good reason.

And you certainly dont pretend to be on the other team to break up a play.

False. Like I said in the other thread.....it is no different than slapping the glove to simulate a caught ball to fool a baserunner. It is no different than a middle infielder faking a throw to first base on a base hit into the outfield.

It's Bush League.

It's part of the game. The fact that this is the only time you have heard about it isn't proof that it doesn't happen all the time. It's proof that 99.9999% of the time it doesn't work.

There are certain gamesmanship things that are acceptable and some are unacceptable.

Arod's stunt was unacceptable, though much of the Jays anger probably comes from letting the ball drop.

Smart gamesmanship: Jumping off a base is perfectly acceptable. The pitcher can always step off the rubber. There is a "pitch clock" in baseball, but it gets called like once a season.

Smart: A batter ropes a ball don the right field line and he'll get a triple if he runs full out, The second baseman runs to the bag as if a throw is coming to stop the runner.

Smart: There's a play at the plate and the catcher nonchalantly walks in front of the dish as if the ball will get cut off, then catches the ball and snap tags the runner who slowed down thinking the ball wasn't coming home.

Smart: Pitcher or Batter timing disruption. The pitcher makes the batter wait before throwing, same for the batter who waits, then asks for time just before the pitcher goes into the windup.

Poor (Really subjective): Stealing bases when up by a lot of runs. This is one of those super subjective "Running up the score" arguments. The Yankees Larry Bowa was pissed at Corey Patterson last year for stealing with a 5 run lead. Again, this is really subjective as a 5 run lead could easily be squandered in the Bronx with a terrible bullpen against a super lineup.

Poor: A baserunner intentionally lands on the bag with his left foot as close as possible to the first basemans foot. "Punch AJ" did this just the other day.

Poor: Stealing the catcher's signs. This will get you thrown at, and they will throw at your head for that. Arod actually has a reputation for doing this, and is even mentioned in the book "Moneyball."

Poor: The hidden ball trick/errant throw trick. Never happens because its a little league thing.

Poor: Out of the basepath slide to break up a play.

Poor: Bunting for a base hit when the opposing pitcher is throwing a no hitter.

I bet you guys will all be shocked by this, but they're talking about Arod on the radio here in NYC right now, and not a single Yankee fan has called him out on this yet.

It will only be a matter of time until I'm reminded (again), that I'm not a true Yankee fan......

Poor (Really subjective): Stealing bases when up by a lot of runs. This is one of those super subjective "Running up the score" arguments. The Yankees Larry Bowa was pissed at Corey Patterson last year for stealing with a 5 run lead. Again, this is really subjective as a 5 run lead could easily be squandered in the Bronx with a terrible bullpen against a super lineup.

This almost lead to a fight the other day - I believe it was Crawford down in TB.

Doyler - you need to change up your sig. Don't be claiming our basement for you own. :mad:

I bet you guys will all be shocked by this, but they're talking about Arod on the radio here in NYC right now, and not a single Yankee fan has called him out on this yet.

It will only be a matter of time until I'm reminded (again), that I'm not a true Yankee fan......

They aren't talking about it because it's a non-issue! He didn't do anything wrong.

Bush league or no - anybody else does this and it isn't even mentioned on ESPN.

It would probably be nominal at best. I bet the Dan Patrick show today will be devided between Arod and Kobe....ugh.

But as for Arod, the Yankees (pretend to) hold themselves to a higher standard than most of the league. I wonder what his teamates thought of the play.

It would probably be nominal at best. I bet the Dan Patrick show today will be devided between Arod and Kobe....ugh.

But as for Arod, the Yankees (pretend to) hold themselves to a higher standard than most of the league. I wonder what his teamates thought of the play.

As a fan I'm getting pretty sick of him. The whole 'slapping' thing vs. the Red Sox, the constant personal life drama, the long slumps, the horrible post-season numbers. And people wonder why Yankee fans hate him. We're comparing him to Jeter - a complete professional who always performs in the post season.

It's part of the game. The fact that this is the only time you have heard about it isn't proof that it doesn't happen all the time. It's proof that 99.9999% of the time it doesn't work.

Um Johnnny Damons quote after the game was" I didnt know you could do that. Maybe we'll try it more often"

And Torre didnt even stand up for A-Rod after that. his quote was "I dont really know how to feel about that"

Now as his manager he's not going to throw A-Rod under the bus, but no one on the Yankees stood up for A- Rod on this one, no oen even dismissed it like it was unimportant, most palyers avoided the question which tells me that even they think it was bush.

It does not happen that often in MLB, minors little league yeah sure, but thsi is the big leauges, your better than that A-Rod.

Bush league or no - anybody else does this and it isn't even mentioned on ESPN.

I think it would ahve been mentioned because of the reaction afterwards, regardless of who did it. Its gettign a heck of a lot MORE coverage because he is A-Rod and plays for the Yankees, but its not like it would have been ignored.

Poor: The hidden ball trick/errant throw trick. Never happens because its a little league thing.

Mike Lowell carried it off successfully not once, but twice, in 2005 and I can't remember anyone crying over it.

Bottom line; if you like the player it's gamesmanship, if you don't it's bush league.

As a fan I'm getting pretty sick of him. The whole 'slapping' thing vs. the Red Sox, the constant personal life drama, the long slumps, the horrible post-season numbers. And people wonder why Yankee fans hate him. We're comparing him to Jeter - a complete professional who always performs in the post season.

I know right? Arod sucks. Hopefully you guys can buy some good players before the trade deadline. :doh:

I know right? Arod sucks. Hopefully you guys can buy some good players before the trade deadline. :doh:

ARod does suck. His next big hit will be his first. You know thats true because Yankee fans talked him up after he hit walk off home runs in APRIL!

.235, 5 homers & 10 RBI's in May. Pretty awesome.

Why are we paying 25 million a year for Joe Randa?

Don't forget the tv commercial of him sitting on the park bench and having somene rub his breasts :laugh: :laugh:

Archived