Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know if Rogers ever worked with Green and Sanders

EliMustDie28

good point, still curious though, might help more that theyre actually spending one on one time with him specifically to help him

I hear ya, and it would be interesting to know. If they didnt help him this summer though, im not oo worried. We brought in Macklin and Smoot and the quality and talent around him hopefully will help raise his playing ability. Having Smoot who came from that learning pedigree of Green, Sanders and Baily, will pay off in regards to the players asking advice from someone who asked the same questions from the greats. On top of that, if he dosnt raise his play there are two hungry DB's waiting behind him to replace him. Having Smoot and Macklin back there should be a motivational tool... one way or another.

Doesn't matter.

There is no help for Carlos "No D" Rogers.

Yeah there is no reason he is playing in the NFL, I guess he is just the luckiest SOB on earth, other than that lottery winner banging Tara Banks. :nana:

Get REAL, there is always, even with the great CB's a learning year. So he looked good his first year and now had a bad year, so what. Give the guy the benefit of this year and maybe even next before you judge him. For Petes sake, where has the nut sack gone on some of these fans. You know, it is not like the opposition sucks either. I feel better, thanks.

From what I saw this past weekend at the Palms in LV he was not very concerned with interceptions.

Nor should he have been, hell if I was at the Palms on "My Time OFF" I would not be thinking about work and entertaining the likes of you.

Really, the only thing that was glaringly wrong about Rogers was the fact that he couldn't hold onto the ball. Considering he's a CB and not a WR, that isn't a killer.

Everything else is harder to focus on, because it is harder for us laymen to actually nail down where failures happen because we don't know what the defense was trying to do. For example, a lot of people put the blame on Rogers for playing off the ball, but that's part of the scheme of the defense and until you can understand that, it is hard to say that that was part of the problem, especially if the failure was elsewhere.

Jason

Interesting point! I would lay the blame on the defensive scheme. Most successful defenses need three things:

1. Pressure on the QB

2.Jamming the Recievers at the line of scrimmage

3.excellent coverage down field.

If the defense give 7 yards of respect yards for speed on WR's every play then Even a jail brake bliz will get burned.

The defense failed to execute options 1 and 2 so the 3rd failed by default. bottom line in my opinion is that the whole defense failed last year due to injuries, scheme failing the players, and players failing scheme.

Carlos Rogers wasn't the worst in a losing season. This a new season so lets hope he kept his promise to work with the Great Darrel Green and Neon Deon.

We now have Dept at the Corner position and hopefully now we will not get scorched as much...We are a Bliz Defense...so go get 'em

Hail to the Redskins!!:point2sky

Did anyone ever asnwer the question, jesus. And dont say it doesnt matter, bc i dont see anyway that learning from two of the greatest cbs of all time cant help him.

Nobody answered the question because nobody cares. If you care, google the answer... If Google doesn't have it, then it must not have happened.

Interesting point! I would lay the blame on the defensive scheme. Most successful defenses need three things:

1. Pressure on the QB

I think you are oversimplifying things here... Not only do you forget the running game and play-action, but all the pre-snap stuff like lining up correctly....

1) Pressure on the QB: It would be easier if our guys could be trusted more in man-to-man coverage... We can't bring the blitz if we can't trust our cornerbacks to competently cover the number 1 and 2 WRs man-to-man. I know Califan007 claims we blitzed a lot from our LBs, but look at our sack totals from LB and DB. The only explanation for that was that injuries and incompetence at key positions created a more risk averse defensive scheme.

2) Jamming the Receivers at the line of scrimmage: You can't jam a guy if you are playing off him 10-15 yards.

3) Excellent coverage down field: We had none... I swear McNabb went from a 3-step drop to a 1 or 2 step drop whenever he looked over his left shoulder.

This offseason we need to retain the services of Springs... We need all the DBs we can get... We need to be able to substitute freely along the DLine to keep guys fresh, and our MLB needs to assume leadership and responsibility for the direction of the team. He is an every down player and led all LBs last year in INTs with 4. Washington needs to get healthy and be ready to put his hand in the dirt, because we need his pressure off the edge. McIntosh needs to mature and play on 1st and 2nd down (and 3rd and short). If we get some of our young guys additional experience, this will fall into place.

Let's hope Golston, Montgomery, Landry, Rogers, Taylor, McIntosh, Blades and Saarts grow into the next defensive generation.

BTW, I still don't know the answer to the question that started this thread.

he was supposed to work with these two this offseason, i havent heard anything about it. if he did i hope they taught him how to catch better. damn i would write more but my wife is yelling at me to go.does anyone know if c rog ever really got some help from these two? I like rogers i just wish he could catch picks.

I remember in '05 against the Seahawks he dropped a pick which wouldve led to a TD, and a possible momentum shifter...which would've earned us an NFC Championship game against Carolina

It still frustrates me sometimes...

1. Pressure on the QB

If the defense give 7 yards of respect yards for speed on WR's every play then Even a jail brake bliz will get burned.

Problem is that Carlos "No D" Rogers can't match up with a #2 pro WR, or even a #3 in press coverage without getting burned like toast in my eight year old toaster oven.

I think you are oversimplifying things here... Not only do you forget the running game and play-action, but all the pre-snap stuff like lining up correctly....

1)

Pressure on the QB: It would be easier if our guys could be trusted more in man-to-man coverage... We can't bring the blitz if we can't trust our cornerbacks to competently cover the number 1 and 2 WRs man-to-man.

Carlos is capable of covering one on one. He kept Steve Smith in check and he's no easy WR to Contain or Shutdown.

2) Jamming the Receivers at the line of scrimmage: You can't jam a guy if you are playing off him 10-15 yards.

I agree with your response but the problem with that is that the scheme he played called for him to play that far off. If you want to blame someone for that blame GW and the coaches for trying to compensate for injuries. Carlos has to do what the Coaches tell him. Injuries sometime for teams to put players at a disadvantage to cover up bigger holes

3)

Excellent coverage down field: We had none... I swear McNabb went from a 3-step drop to a 1 or 2 step drop whenever he looked over his left shoulder.

Injuries caused the secondary to get burned. His supporting cast to replace Pierson were less that adaquate. One man works to cover another's weakness. We just had to man to fill.

Carlos did have he share of issues and missed opportunities. I will not argue with you on that point but so did the rest of the defense..from the DL to the LB,and from the CB to the Safties. I truely believe that Rogers plays better than last year showed.

This offseason we need to retain the services of Springs...

On this I also will Agree. I will add that the absence of Carlos Rogers will have an equal negative effect of losing Springs.

Springs is a better corner but he's not durable. Carlos at least plays well and completes a whole season.

Your next Paragragh indicates basically that we need defensive dept and younger players...will not argue there either. I will say that well had little room to go for that but if schemed correctly as you are suggesting we could use what we have.

Problem is that Carlos "No D" Rogers can't match up with a #2 pro WR, or even a #3 in press coverage without getting burned like toast in my eight year old toaster oven.

Steve Smith is a #1 reciever and he kept him in check. The coaches had him play off the receivers. Carlos isn't the whole reason the Defense was horrid. He was part of the reason..of that I will not argue.

he could cover a #1 with a decent pass rush. That works hand in hand. One will not work without the other. Safty help would also be nice! Sean Taylor cannot cover the free safty spot and the strong safty spots. Injuries also are he reason.

Steve Smith is a #1 reciever and he kept him in check. The coaches had him play off the receivers. Carlos isn't the whole reason the Defense was horrid. He was part of the reason..of that I will not argue.

he could cover a #1 with a decent pass rush. That works hand in hand. One will not work without the other. Safty help would also be nice! Sean Taylor cannot cover the free safty spot and the strong safty spots. Injuries also are he reason.

Steve Smith is without a doubt one of the premier #1 WRs in the league right now, and "No D" did do a good job of handling him, but if you watch that game, we did have a good game overall on defense. The Skins did a good job of keeping the run in check as well as getting pressure on Jake Delohme (sp). Which does go to show that I agree with you that a good pass rush/run defense is a secondarys best friend; however, Carlos Rogers is still overall performed very poorly since his arvial into the NFL.

well guys i didn't expect this thread to get so big. Pretty much due to people hijacking and turning it into a "why does carlos give so much cushion" thread. i dont care, normally my threads just get closed anyways. but i guess the answer was none of you really know if he worked with them or not.

well guys i didn't expect this thread to get so big. Pretty much due to people hijacking and turning it into a "why does carlos give so much cushion" thread. i dont care, normally my threads just get closed anyways. but i guess the answer was none of you really know if he worked with them or not.

I am glad that I didn't read the entire thread. All I really wanted to know was the answer to your question. Thanks for rehashing the entire thread.

Judging by your sig, I bet you think ST was the man last year. In fact, ST was just as miserable as Rogers. But your right about one thing, Carlos needs major help on his hands.

Don't rip on Taylor.......he played every down, every game. It's hard for him to do it all, but he gave 200% on every ****ing down....you know it and every other fan knows it.

Archived