Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know if Rogers ever worked with Green and Sanders

EliMustDie28

he was supposed to work with these two this offseason, i havent heard anything about it. if he did i hope they taught him how to catch better. damn i would write more but my wife is yelling at me to go.does anyone know if c rog ever really got some help from these two? I like rogers i just wish he could catch picks.

Im interested to learn that as well. If he has or will work out with those 2 this offseason that should help him out a great deal. I think C-los will be a good corner in the league. And he just needs to get some of his mechanics down and learn how to catch. But if your gonna be the best you have to learn from the best.

Doesn't matter.

There is no help for Carlos "No D" Rogers.

Come on, man. Carlos clearly improved last year, and has played pretty solidly his two years here. Sure he got burned at times, but so did our entire defense. He will have a nice year, I'm sure.

Come on, man. Carlos clearly improved last year, and has played pretty solidly his two years here. Sure he got burned at times, but so did our entire defense. He will have a nice year, I'm sure.

"IMPROVED" last year? I hope you're joking. He was nothing less than pathetic!

You do realize that PD are just less important than INT's right. Wow, I really hope this is not the idea of our entire fan base. I am guessing that this is a cowboy fan in disguise. Would not be the first or the last.

Dude you're kidding, right? Carlos was horrendous last year. He couldn't catch a cold.

You do realize that PD are just less important than INT's right. Wow, I really hope this is not the idea of our entire fan base. I am guessing that this is a cowboy fan in disguise. Would not be the first or the last.

Wow, the whole "you're not a true fan" or "you must be a Cowboy fan" in less than 3 posts after I speak the truth about Carlos. I didn't know those were coming. Are those on speed response or something...?

When you drop the ball when it hits you squarely in your hands, INT's are definately more important.

Dude you're kidding, right? Carlos was horrendous last year. He couldn't catch a cold.

Judging by your sig, I bet you think ST was the man last year. In fact, ST was just as miserable as Rogers. But your right about one thing, Carlos needs major help on his hands.

rogers is a good corner. he suffered from playing too far off of receivers because we did not get any pressure. did he get torched a few times? sure, every CB in the league will get pwned a few times during the season, rogers just had a knack for making his torchings look really really bad. but he had a ton of PDs, plenty of INT chances, if he held on to 4 of those pics that he dropped, half of this board would be claiming he was a pro bowler. get him a pass rush and some super glue, rogers is a beast. no one seems to remember he might be one of the best CBs in the league in run stopping, i dont know any corners (other than clements) who hit like a mack truck. rogers can lay wood with the best of them.

Wow, the whole "you're not a true fan" or "you must be a Cowboy fan" in less than 3 posts after I speak the truth about Carlos. I didn't know those were coming. Are those on speed response or something...?

You have confused the meanings for the words "truth" and "opinion". Rogers, in my humble opinion, was neither horrendous or great last year. He suffered some growing pains like many 2nd year corners do (Smoot, Bailey, Newman) and was not helped by the fact that we had zero pass rush plus injuries and ineffectual play by other members or the secondary, leaving him out on an island way too much.

I do however agree that accusing you of being a Cowboy fan just because you think he played poorly is silly.

Judging by your sig, I bet you think ST was the man last year. In fact, ST was just as miserable as Rogers. But your right about one thing, Carlos needs major help on his hands.

Did you just twist his sig into a retaliatory comment towards him because he didn't agree with your "opinion"?

Rogers wasn't horrendous by any means. Was he good? Not really. But again there is more to being a cb than getting INT's. He came up with a good number of deflections when we needed it (see Saints game among others). I thought as the year went on he got a lot better (not sure if those new gloves helped him, the yellow ones that he started wearing later on). Anyways, as someone said Springs is still our best cb when healthy, but hopefully this year Rogers can continue to improve.

Ugh here we go again, hating on Rogers ... :doh:

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I firmly believe that Carlos will emerge as our #1 corner in the next few years. He has all the physical tools there, he just needs to learn to catch the damn ball, which is easily fixable.

During those couple of games when our defense was actually playing some ball, Rogers extremely well. He even shut down Steve Smith for crying out loud! I don't know about you, but I think it's a pretty good sign when a 2nd year corner, thrust into the starting role for most of the season, is able to shut down an elite receiver.

Shawn Springs won't be here much longer, but I can easily forsee a Rogers/Smoot CB tandem with Landry and Taylor for the next few years!

:cheers:

rogers is a good corner. he suffered from playing too far off of receivers because we did not get any pressure. did he get torched a few times? sure, every CB in the league will get pwned a few times during the season, rogers just had a knack for making his torchings look really really bad. but he had a ton of PDs, plenty of INT chances, if he held on to 4 of those pics that he dropped, half of this board would be claiming he was a pro bowler. get him a pass rush and some super glue, rogers is a beast. no one seems to remember he might be one of the best CBs in the league in run stopping, i dont know any corners (other than clements) who hit like a mack truck. rogers can lay wood with the best of them.

Thankfully, someone who knows what they are talking about. Rogers had no pass rush, and our rush comes from our blitzing, and because of injuries, we couldn't pressure the QB. Because we had Mike freaking Rumph playing on the other side of Rogers, we had to roll all of our coverage to protect his sorry ass. Rogers RARELY had help. I'd be curious to see how many CBs could cover a guy 1 on 1, for 10 seconds. Not many.

Not when they were both playing.

wrong again. rogers was more effective in the saints game AND the panthers game. springs gave up the only TD pass in that game, and even though it was a great move by smith, he still gave up the TD. and rogers covered smith a good portion of that game as much as people like to think otherwise. there was a picture of rogers playing on smith on redskins.com, i wish id saved it.

Rogers towards the end of the year improved as a cover corner. As a playmaking corner, he was horrible all year. I still remember the punt that dropped in front of bounced, hit him in the chest, rolled down his arms, tickled through his hands, before finally squirting between his legs for a touchback. He had something like five opportunities to catch the ball and couldn't.

I hope Carlos was able to find and destroy that voodoo doll.

You have confused the meanings for the words "truth" and "opinion". Rogers, in my humble opinion, was neither horrendous or great last year. He suffered some growing pains like many 2nd year corners do (Smoot, Bailey, Newman) and was not helped by the fact that we had zero pass rush plus injuries and ineffectual play by other members or the secondary, leaving him out on an island way too much.

I do however agree that accusing you of being a Cowboy fan just because you think he played poorly is silly.

:applause: :applause:

I wonder, is anyone re-thinking the draft of 2005 when we landed C-los. Alot of individuals (including I) were clamoring for Arrington's former self (Merriman) and not thinking of the magnitude of our cornerback position.

That year when we played Seattle in the playoffs, Hasselbeck had thrown an interceptible ball into the hands of C-los. What made it so compelling why how he anticipated the timing of the route (sure brought memories of Champ).

I believe that Carlos has the potential to explode if collaborated with special talent around him. He is not merely as bad as those who concentrate on the little things to complain about such as catchable balls. Question: has anybody who's played receiver felt a shaking sensation in their hands when they're in the process of making a catch? Nervous anxiety

:helmet:

As was our entire secondary. The thing is, Rogers was asked to be our number 1 corner with little saftey help when Springs went down. Rogers is only in his second year. Usually it takes a cornerback until his thrid season to really come into his own. Cut the dude some slack. This will be the season where we can start to make a judgement as to weather or not he can hold the position down or not.

Archived