Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Does anyone know if Rogers ever worked with Green and Sanders

EliMustDie28

Same clowns that dogged Walt Harris too I'm sure. What happened to him last year? Oh that's right, he went to the pro-bowl.

I guess no one has the answer for the original poster. Maybe we can ask Jimijo if he can find out.

harris was pretty terrible here, and he had a ton of picks off of bad QBs. and they all came in like 2 games. plus it was the best year of his entire career. im glad we got rid of him. he also played on a a defense that gave up more points than any other team.

It's hard to diagnose the problem the the Skin's D last year, there was too much wrong with it! I wouldn't go as far as to say that Carlos Rogers sucked more than anyone else last year. Sean Taylor was even out of position more than a few times last year! And I will say that Walt Harris sucked balls as a Skin, I don't know how the hell he did what he did last year!

harris was pretty terrible here, and he had a ton of picks off of bad QBs. and they all came in like 2 games. plus it was the best year of his entire career. im glad we got rid of him. he also played on a a defense that gave up more points than any other team.

I didn't see him have a terrible year. If anything his last year here was not his best, but it was far from terrible. We were still one of the top defenses in the league when he played with us. At least he can catch an interception.

I didn't see him have a terrible year. If anything his last year here was not his best, but it was far from terrible. We were still one of the top defenses in the league when he played with us. At least he can catch an interception.

he got burned a lot, and it stood out because the rest of our D played so well. this year rogers getting burned at times and taylor our of position were just 2 of many problems overall. harris is getting up there in age too, plus he didnt do anything very good in 05. he'll be 33 this year. he'll never put up the numbers he did this year again. and just so were clear:

he had 8 picks, 3 came against the raiders "QBs". 2 came against seneca wallace, whos a backup at best. so thats 5/8 picks against guys who wouldnt start on any team in the NFL, and 2 raiders QBs who are lucky to be in the nfl. 1 came off brad johnson who had one of his worst if not the worst season of his career, and 2 came in the last game of the season against rookie cutler and INT machine jake plummer.

so in short, is it great that harris picked 8 passes? sure, he created turnovers which is huge for any team. did he have a good year? yes sir. but to think harris is a CB who can put up those type of numbers consistently, think again. aside from 06, the last season harris had where he had more than 2 INTs, was 1998.

he got burned a lot, and it stood out because the rest of our D played so well. this year rogers getting burned at times and taylor our of position were just 2 of many problems overall. harris is getting up there in age too, plus he didnt do anything very good in 05. he'll be 33 this year. he'll never put up the numbers he did this year again. and just so were clear:

he had 8 picks, 3 came against the raiders "QBs". 2 came against seneca wallace, whos a backup at best. so thats 5/8 picks against guys who wouldnt start on any team in the NFL, and 2 raiders QBs who are lucky to be in the nfl. 1 came off brad johnson who had one of his worst if not the worst season of his career, and 2 came in the last game of the season against rookie cutler and INT machine jake plummer.

so in short, is it great that harris picked 8 passes? sure, he created turnovers which is huge for any team. did he have a good year? yes sir. but to think harris is a CB who can put up those type of numbers consistently, think again. aside from 06, the last season harris had where he had more than 2 INTs, was 1998.

I don't really care anyway. My point was that everyone chastisezed Harris and regardless of whether ir was a fluke occurence, what happened last year happened. Now we are doing the same thing with Carlos and I honestly don't think it's warranted.

If Carlos he has another bad season, then I think we will have a clear image of who he is. But I don't understand those who have written the book on him.

Does anyone really believe that Greg Williams would've let Carlos give the big cushions he was giving, if it weren't for a good reason? Like maybe, Greg told him to do that?

Williams was probably telling him to give the cushion, because GW new that if "NO D" pressed he would have absolute no chance covering anyone down field, and who was GW going to put in to replace Carlos with?

Williams was probably telling him to give the cushion, because GW new that if "NO D" pressed he would have absolute no chance covering anyone down field, and who was GW going to put in to replace Carlos with?

or maybe williams knew every quarterback would have the time equivalent of watching "Titanic" that he needed everyone off the receivers? go watch the giants game, last game of the season. he had sean taylor playing 20 yards off the line of scrimmage. this works if the QB is peyton manning, but eli manning is hardly enough to warrant this. unless of course, the d coordinator knows that any QB will have all day to throw.

again, 19 sacks. 19. remember that number. thats called "october" for the ravens.

Did you watch either of the Eagles games last season, or even the first Dallas game? Carlos was out of position on almost every play. He would line up fifteen yards down field, and still get beat by ten yards. He would leave his zone coverage area, or make the wrong read, and give up a big play. But you are right about one thing, it is a good thing that the world doesn't take advice from this message board thanks to blind homer fools like you.

Wowwww well said. First off, show me specific plays , or your input means nothing. "Hey remember that Cowboys game in '05, Carlos was never a step out of position on any play...for real!" Means nothing.

And that's funny man, you pick 2 games out of 16 to pick on a 2nd year playe who was essentially asked to be a #1 corner on a terrible defense.

Blind homer fool...youre right its funny. When Deion is up saying Carlos will be one of the best corners in the league, hes a blind fool huh? When Gregg Williams and Gibbs praise his play and say the guy is progressing well, just blind homers huh? Let me apologize on their behalf, you know MUCH more about football, and your rock solid argument with specific examples supports just that.

Good luck in life man. :cheers:

• 1 month later...
Criticize Carlos' game at least include both years here, and the good and the bad. And base it on truth, not just blind hate and jokes :mad:

Jeeez...lets not get emotional. I don't believe anyone "hates" carlos rogers. We are just tired of the inconsistant play.

And why is that if you critize a redskin player, your automatically a Cowboy fan? Thats just lame.

Jeeez...lets not get emotional. I don't believe anyone "hates" carlos rogers. We are just tired of the inconsistant play.

And why is that if you critize a redskin player, your automatically a Cowboy fan? Thats just lame.

its sad that carlos rogers is the target, a young prospect with a ton of upside, yet i never see threads about 34 year old aging no pass rushing phillip daniels, or 32 year old injury machine shawn springs who couldnt create a turnover if you paid him (at least he gets 7 million for 4 games), or 32 year old salavea who cant stay healthy, or 30 year old griffin who hasnt been productive since 04 or marcus washington whos production fell off drastically in 06. lets just talk more about carlos rogers being sooooo terrible.

19 sacks. 19 sacks. 19 sacks. lets all say it together.

Are you kidding? We replaced him with Kenny Wright, I think it is safe to say Harris had a better year than Wright last year.

Are you kidding? We replaced him with Kenny Wright, I think it is safe to say Harris had a better year than Wright last year.

wright was actually a good nickel corner (gasp) when he was playing in zone. he always had his hands on the ball when he just had to sit in an area. his problem was that he physically couldnt play man coverage with any receiver in the league, and when he had to play in place of springs, it was all over. if we had kept kenny wright as a zone guy on dime packages, id be all for it. but when your #1 corner is about as reliable as a yellow taxi on christmas eve, you have guys thrust into roles they cannot fulfill, and we get kenny wright 2006.

again, harris was on the most scored on defense in football so even though he had a good individual year, im sure san fran wasnt too excited about anyone on their defense.

but when your #1 corner is about as reliable as a yellow taxi on christmas eve, you have guys thrust into roles they cannot fulfill, and we get kenny wright 2006.

BLC you should not sugercoat how you really feel about Springs:laugh:

JK

its sad that carlos rogers is the target, a young prospect with a ton of upside, yet i never see threads about 34 year old aging no pass rushing phillip daniels, or 32 year old injury machine shawn springs who couldnt create a turnover if you paid him (at least he gets 7 million for 4 games), or 32 year old salavea who cant stay healthy, or 30 year old griffin who hasnt been productive since 04 or marcus washington whos production fell off drastically in 06. lets just talk more about carlos rogers being sooooo terrible.

19 sacks. 19 sacks. 19 sacks. lets all say it together.

:applause: . It's actually embarrassing how Rogers is treated on this site, we have a lot of great fans, but to see the bandwagon mentality of people saying things like "No D" is absolutely embarrassingly stupid.

:applause: . It's actually embarrassing how Rogers is treated on this site, we have a lot of great fans, but to see the bandwagon mentality of people saying things like "No D" is absolutely embarrassingly stupid.

what will be funny is if he actually performs well this year, a lot of people better eat their words, because id say a good 75% of this site thinks rogers sucks.

Archived