Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Best NFC East Team From Last Two Seasons

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

That being said. I did vote for my Redskins of 2005 but not because of blind homerism. I feel they had the toughest of opponents and they were never completley out of games. (barring the 36-0 thrashing from the Giants in 05)

Those were my top two reasons for voting for the '05 Skins as well. It was a coin toss between them and the '06 Eagles, but the Skins went 5-1 in the division, 10-2 in the conference, beat all four division winners during the season, and had a much tougher schedule to deal with.

The last 5 of the 2006 season, the Eagles beat everybody, including three straight NFC East opponents on the road.

... Whats your point? The skins might not have done it on the road, but they were still impressive in their wins.

Dec 4@St. Louis Won 24-9

Dec 11@Arizona Won 17-13

Dec 18Dallas Won 35-7

Dec 24N.Y. Giants Won 35-20

Jan 1@Philadelphia Won 31-20

I just simulated it twice at got:

Eagles 13

Skins 6

(Lincoln Financial Field)

Skins 16

Eagles 10

(FedEx)

Its a cool simulation site cause it gives "Box scores" and stats like sacks, int's or passing/rushing yrds, as well as player of game.

if you don't get the results you want you can go to other teams boards and rig the polls there and come back with the result and start a thread boasting victory

I'll help you westy if you need to know how to post a poll in another forum. But make sure you ask bubba about the whole "rigging" thing. I'm not up to speed on that.

Unless of course "rigging" is considered asking a question and watching the results pile up.

Westy is taking his QB aggression out on us.

What's the matter, westy, were they all out of Kolb "fatheads"?

I'm still laughing at this one. Well played. :laugh: :laugh:

I'm going with the 06' eagles and then the 05' Skins as well.

how bout we eliminate and get the true choices..

Dont make the list

05 eagles, cowboys

06 redskins giants

Make the list

05 redskins 05 giants

06 cowboys 06 eagles

Final List

05 redskins, 06 cowboys, 06 eagles

If you take the best of each team when they were hot, all 3 were tough as nails to beat

How do you include the 2006 Cowboys? The 2005 Giants deserve to be on the list more than them. They won the division and pasted the Skins 36-0.

i think if you look at the 2006 cowboys strech where they beat indy, carolina and etc are much more deserving than the giants.. The Cowboys should have won that playoff game and could have made the next game much more interesting as the giants were blanked in the playoffs.

i think if you look at the 2006 cowboys strech where they beat indy, carolina and etc are much more deserving than the giants.. The Cowboys should have won that playoff game and could have made the next game much more interesting as the giants were blanked in the playoffs.

:cheers: :applause: :cheers: Niiiiice.

Anyone else think that the 2006 Eagles wouldn't have run the table at the end if McNabb had stayed healthy? They were looking pretty rough for a while.

Gotta be between the 2005 Skins and the 2006 Eagles. The 2005 versions of the Cowboys and Giants don't make the cut due to getting skunked in two big late season games (Cowboys 35-7 loss to us, and the Giants 23-0 loss to Carolina at home). But Tom is right in that neither team deserves to be mentioned in the same category as even the Eagles teams of 2001-4.

... Whats your point? The skins might not have done it on the road, but they were still impressive in their wins.

Dec 4@St. Louis Won 24-9

Dec 11@Arizona Won 17-13

Dec 18Dallas Won 35-7

Dec 24N.Y. Giants Won 35-20

Jan 1@Philadelphia Won 31-20

That was a pretty weak stretch of games if you ask me.

St louis was without Bulger if I'm not mistaken

Arizona.........need I say more? You only beat them by 4

Dallas........You kicked our ass, we showed no heart in that game and had absolutely no Oline left at that point in the year. Everyone beat us the last month of the season

Giants.....good win there

Philly... I remember this game like it was yesterday, despite the final score, that was a helluva close game. Came down to the wire. And considering philly was on thier 15th string qb, and I think there was a guy playing on special teams who was serving beer in the stands the week before, not exactly a quality win in my book.

And the playoff game had two of the worst calls in your favor that I can ever remember. The first one was a fumble where ST or Washington picked it up and ran it for a score. Problem was, if you go back and look, his knee was down and was touched when he first took possesion of the ball. Anyone who doubts me, I dare you to go back and look at it. He shoulda been down right then and there. No score.

The second horrendous call was the TD called back for tampa with only a few minutes to go in the game. They said he didn't have possesion or something like that. He clearly did. One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Either one of those plays goes against the skins and this board would have been on fire.

That was a pretty weak stretch of games if you ask me.

St louis was without Bulger if I'm not mistaken

Arizona.........need I say more? You only beat them by 4

Dallas........You kicked our ass, we showed no heart in that game and had absolutely no Oline left at that point in the year. Everyone beat us the last month of the season

Giants.....good win there

Philly... I remember this game like it was yesterday, despite the final score, that was a helluva close game. Came down to the wire. And considering philly was on thier 15th string qb, and I think there was a guy playing on special teams who was serving beer in the stands the week before, not exactly a quality win in my book..

you are truly a piece of work

5 straight wins with only a loss and we were out of the playoffs

3 of the five on the road, and the last three were against NFC East foes, two of which that had the playoffs on the line

The Rams didn't have Bulger, but Fitzpatrick was 19 of 30 for 310 yards and three touchdowns in three quarters, the week before .

The Giants went 11-5 and won the East

The Pokes showed up, the Skins just kicked the **** out of them

and your memory of the Philly game is comical, the game was close until the third quarter when the Skins took over and dominated the second half winning by 11 on the road scoring 21 to Philly's 3 in the second half (14-0 in the 4th) sacking the eagles 4 times, creating 7 turnovers

And the playoff game had two of the worst calls in your favor that I can ever remember. The first one was a fumble where ST or Washington picked it up and ran it for a score. Problem was, if you go back and look, his knee was down and was touched when he first took possession of the ball. Anyone who doubts me, I dare you to go back and look at it. He shoulda been down right then and there. No score.

The second horrendous call was the TD called back for tampa with only a few minutes to go in the game. They said he didn't have possesion or something like that. He clearly did. One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Either one of those plays goes against the skins and this board would have been on fire.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what a crock

once Washington had possession he wasn't touched or down... there wasn't a single replay showing him down....... but you know that

and that horrendous call was the correct call, you have to have possession when you hit the ground... Shepherd never had full possession

Per AP:

Chris Simms lofted a perfect spiral to Edell Shepherd on third-and-10 from the Washington 35, but the Tampa Bay receiver lost control of the ball as he was coming down in the end zone.

Simms, unaware the pass was ruled incomplete, began celebrating near the sideline -- and the Bucs' stadium crew set off premature fireworks. Tampa Bay asked for a video review, burning its final timeout, but the call was correctly upheld by instant replay

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060107_WAS@TB

The Skins were beat up going into that game

the playoff win wasn't pretty, but it was a playoff win.... Dallas hasn't had that in how long now?

and despite several injuries and our third straight road game, we gave the hawks the toughest game they played in the NFC Playoffs, and it has been argued if Rogers held onto a possible INT and scored... we'd would have won.

In all honsty, that would be a very good game 2005 Skins vs 2006 Eagles. Both finished hot. (Skins were unbeatable during the streak) and The Eagles finished strong without Mcnabb........back n forth back n forth....but i think the Skins in 2005 win it. Eagles 2006 a close 2nd 2006 Cowboys a distant 3rd.

Dude, there is no argument. The 2005 Skins, easily. Sure they didn't win the division, but they had a goddamn mantra. FIVE IN A ROW OR WE DON'T GO. Behind the power running of Clinton Portis, a stingy defense in the top 10 of the NFL yet again, and Mark Brunnell showing he had just enough twinkle left in his footsteps, the 2005 Redskins proved all doubters wrong and ascended within a dropped Carlos Rogers interception of playing the Steelers in the Superbowl.

God Bless the 2005 Washington Redskins.

Hail.

now you're getting it! :applause:

Archived