Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Best NFC East Team From Last Two Seasons

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In all honsty, that would be a very good game 2005 Skins vs 2006 Eagles. Both finished hot. (Skins were unbeatable during the streak) and The Eagles finished strong without Mcnabb........back n forth back n forth....but i think the Skins in 2005 win it. Eagles 2006 a close 2nd 2006 Cowboys a distant 3rd.

Considering this is a Skins' board, you couldn't have made a better post lol

Bubba has the appropriate Skins tilted response for every situation in every game of the last 25 years. I think he has a huge word file on his desktop.

And you've neeeeeever done that with the Eagles? Not once?

I was wondering. I just simulated those 2 teams (2x). The Skins won both matchups. 23-17 and 26-14. I simulated it on:

http://www.whatifsports.com/locker/default.asp

Nice find!

Just for a barometer, I used the site to match up the 05 Skins and the 06 E-girls. I ran a total of 20 games sims. 10 at Lincoln and 10 at Fedex. Seeing as were were talking about the late season runs, I chose to select a 40 degree temp and a light wind with zero precipitation. The results were quit interesting.

@Lincoln

---W P

1. 39 18

2. 27 19

3. 13 14

4. 20 45

5. 23 20

6. 37 34

7. 35 10

8. 24 17

9. 30 17

10. 21 34

@ Fedex

---W P

1. 16 44

2. 12 34

3. 31 26

4. 22 10

5. 20 24

6. 9 21

7. 23 20

8. 15 34

9. 20 7

10. 16 10

Redskins won the series 12 - 8

So there it is. Absolute infallible proof because I said so...

Is this what it has come down to, Skins fans? We have to reinvent ways to bring the 2005 Redskins into any discussion!!!!

I know 2005 was a pantheon of sorts for your franchise, being you have been the laughing stock of the league since the early 90s but just like was said to Dallas Fans in the facemask thread: let it go.

Do you really think this thread has any chance of being a civil discussion? Why'd you limit it from 2005-2006....why not 2004? Oh, that's right, we have to figure any way possible to try to make the 2005 Redskins relevant! Don't you remember....THEY WON A PLAYOFF GAME with the worst offensive output in modern NFL playoff history.

I'll speak for all the other fan bases and just give this one to you so we can save 10 pages of crap; the 2005 Redskins were the best NFC East team of the last two years. I don't believe it, but this is much less painful.

Believe whatever you want to believe. Win a Super Bowl and we'll listen to you.

you are truly a piece of work

5 straight wins with only a loss and we were out of the playoffs

3 of the five on the road, and the last three were against NFC East foes, two of which that had the playoffs on the line

The Rams didn't have Bulger, but Fitzpatrick was 19 of 30 for 310 yards and three touchdowns in three quarters, the week before .

The Giants went 11-5 and won the East

The Pokes showed up, the Skins just kicked the **** out of them

and your memory of the Philly game is comical, the game was close until the third quarter when the Skins took over and dominated the second half winning by 11 on the road scoring 21 to Philly's 3 in the second half (14-0 in the 4th) sacking the eagles 4 times, creating 7 turnovers

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: what a crock

once Washington had possession he wasn't touched or down... there wasn't a single replay showing him down....... but you know that

and that horrendous call was the correct call, you have to have possession when you hit the ground... Shepherd never had full possession

Per AP:

http://www.superbowl.com/gamecenter/recap/NFL_20060107_WAS@TB

The Skins were beat up going into that game

the playoff win wasn't pretty, but it was a playoff win.... Dallas hasn't had that in how long now?

and despite several injuries and our third straight road game, we gave the hawks the toughest game they played in the NFC Playoffs, and it has been argued if Rogers held onto a possible INT and scored... we'd would have won.

You're wrong on all accounts, but lets be honest here, I could show you the bloody glove, but you're not going to believe it anyway, so lets agree to disagree on all of the above and save everyone the time.

You think I'm wrong

I know your wrong.

You're wrong on all accounts, but lets be honest here, I could show you the bloody glove, but you're not going to believe it anyway, so lets agree to disagree on all of the above and save everyone the time.

You think I'm wrong

I know your wrong.

What a masterful retort..."You're wrong. I'm not going to show you how you're wrong. You just are."

Bravo... :applause:

J_J is slowly but surely becoming the new HH31 around here.

Did HH31 just blatantly deny reality in his posts, too?...lol :laugh:

J_J to bubba: "You're wrong on all accounts."

Where he says bubba is "wrong on all accounts" :

5 straight wins with only a loss and we were out of the playoffs - True

3 of the five on the road, and the last three were against NFC East foes, two of which that had the playoffs on the line - True

The Rams didn't have Bulger, but Fitzpatrick was 19 of 30 for 310 yards and three touchdowns in three quarters, the week before . - True

The Giants went 11-5 and won the East - True

The Pokes showed up, the Skins just kicked the **** out of them - True

the (Eagles) game was close until the third quarter when the Skins took over and dominated the second half winning by 11 - True

...on the road scoring 21 to Philly's 3 in the second half (14-0 in the 4th) - True

...(and) sacking the eagles 4 times, creating 7 turnovers - True

once Washington had possession he wasn't touched or down... there wasn't a single replay showing him down....... but you know that - True (even the announcers said it, replayed it in slow motion, stopped the replay when the ball came out of Williams' hand, showed when Washington recovered the fumble that nobody was touching him, and said yet again that it was a great call by the refs)

and that horrendous call was the correct call, you have to have possession when you hit the ground... Shepherd never had full possession - True

despite several injuries and our third straight road game, we gave the hawks the toughest game they played in the NFC Playoffs - True

J_J's response:

"You're wrong on all accounts."

Somebody please take him back to CZ where this type of logic and level of debating skills makes sense.

Is this what it has come down to, Skins fans? We have to reinvent ways to bring the 2005 Redskins into any discussion!!!!

Hard to admit the 2005 Skins were better than the Eagles, eh? :laugh: :laugh:

if you don't get the results you want you can go to other teams boards and rig the polls there and come back with the result and start a thread boasting victory

I thought only puke fans did that...I think that would even be beneath WB...or maybe not.

2005 redskins were overrated.. a healthy eagles squad from 2006 would beat them

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Suggestion: Next time the mods offer a change in monicker, I'd suggest you get an Eagles, or pukes one.

You are very funny 'skins'2k]2005... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Did HH31 just blatantly deny reality in his posts, too?...lol :laugh:

J_J to bubba: "You're wrong on all accounts."

Where he says bubba is "wrong on all accounts" :

J_J's response:

"You're wrong on all accounts."

Somebody please take him back to CZ where this type of logic and level of debating skills makes sense.

Damn, now that's a beat down. :laugh:

i think if you look at the 2006 cowboys strech where they beat indy, carolina and etc are much more deserving than the giants.. The Cowboys should have won that playoff game and could have made the next game much more interesting as the giants were blanked in the playoffs.

Definitely make it a puke monicker... :laugh:

That was a pretty weak stretch of games if you ask me.

St louis was without Bulger if I'm not mistaken

Arizona.........need I say more? You only beat them by 4

Dallas........You kicked our ass, we showed no heart in that game and had absolutely no Oline left at that point in the year. Everyone beat us the last month of the season

Giants.....good win there

Philly... I remember this game like it was yesterday, despite the final score, that was a helluva close game. Came down to the wire. And considering philly was on thier 15th string qb, and I think there was a guy playing on special teams who was serving beer in the stands the week before, not exactly a quality win in my book.

And the playoff game had two of the worst calls in your favor that I can ever remember. The first one was a fumble where ST or Washington picked it up and ran it for a score. Problem was, if you go back and look, his knee was down and was touched when he first took possesion of the ball. Anyone who doubts me, I dare you to go back and look at it. He shoulda been down right then and there. No score.

The second horrendous call was the TD called back for tampa with only a few minutes to go in the game. They said he didn't have possesion or something like that. He clearly did. One of the worst calls I've ever seen.

Either one of those plays goes against the skins and this board would have been on fire.

You are joking, right?

Dear Lord, the day I count on a puke fan to look at the Skins games objectively is the day hell freezes over.

Please, give us a break....

...though you are quite amusing... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bubba has the appropriate Skins tilted response for every situation in every game of the last 25 years. I think he has a huge word file on his desktop.

You only wish you could defend your Eagles as well as Bubba defends the Skins.

:laugh:

Frankly, WB, he's left you in the dust at every encounter....

...you need to stop attacking him...

You're humiliating yourself.

You think I'm wrong

I know your wrong.

Dear Lord, someone please help this hapless puke fan out....where are you puke pals...JJ needs you... :laugh: :laugh:

tr1, I'm glad to have you back. I didn't think you'd show your face for a long long time around here after how badly you were owned in the Cowboys 3-4 thread.

I WAS reserved in my expectations for them....right before I made a thread where I proclaimed how dominant they would be!!!!

You are like Kerry. :laugh: :laugh:

tr1, I'm glad to have you back. I didn't think you'd show your face for a long long time around here after how badly you were owned in the Cowboys 3-4 thread.

I WAS reserved in my expectations for them....right before I made a thread where I proclaimed how dominant they would be!!!!

You are like Kerry. :laugh: :laugh:

Please, WB, save us some time and make it your sig, eh?

I stand by what I said.

But, enough about me....let's talk football, eh.

I see you still have problems with the 2005 Skins...and that's okay, because the year the Eagles were supposed to return to the SB, they stunk up the joint...

But, I know why you wouldn't want to mention that.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived