Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Best NFC East Team From Last Two Seasons

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

When talking about the 05 Skins or the 06 Eagles, IMHO, you can't say one is better than the other because they accomplished similar feats.

They both won their last 5 in a row; 3 of the 5 against divisional foes

They both were hampered by injuries. Although Philly's was more significant.

They both won a playoff game.

They both ended up with the same record.

Skins fans will say the 05 Skins are better because it was better for them.

Eagles fans will say the 06 Eagles are better because it was better for them.

I voted for the Skins because I am a fan of the Skins, but to be completely honest there is no definate answer because the two were so similar.

When talking about the 05 Skins or the 06 Eagles, IMHO, you can't say one is better than the other because they accomplished similar feats.

They both won their last 5 in a row; 3 of the 5 against divisional foes

They both were hampered by injuries. Although Philly's was more significant.

They both won a playoff game.

They both ended up with the same record.

Skins fans will say the 05 Skins are better because it was better for them.

Eagles fans will say the 06 Eagles are better because it was better for them.

I voted for the Skins because I am a fan of the Skins, but to be completely honest there is no definate answer because the two were so similar.

I'd vote for the Skins because their schedule was harder during the season, and even during the 6 game winning streaks they both had. Eagles only played against one winning team, the 9-7 Cowboys, during that stretch. The Redskins played against three winning teams during their stretch, who had a combined 31-17 record.

Add to that the fact that the Redskins won their playoff game on the road against the 11-5 Bucs as where the Eagles won their playoff game at home against the 8-8 Giants.

Add to that the fact that the Redskins won their playoff game on the road against the 11-5 Bucs as where the Eagles won their playoff game at home against the 8-8 Giants.

IMO, records don't mean much once you're in the playoffs. It could be debated that the Giants had overcome their midseason injury bug and were actually more competitive of a team than the Bucs were the year before.

The Redskins were playing championship level defense but couldn't get effective QB play. The Eagles had good QB play, but putrid run defense. You need a good defense and good QB play to make it through the playoffs. Hence the reason both teams lost.

I'm an Eagle fan, and therefore biased. However, winning three games in a row, on the road against divisional opponents had never been accomplished and is therefore a significant achievement.

J_J Congratulations :applause:

you have reached buffoonery status :1stplace:

No matter what you post from here on out, no one will take it serious

only a few posters reach this level... most are banned, but Westy is still around

you should be proud :thumbsup:

J_J Congratulations :applause:

you have reached buffoonery status :1stplace:

No matter what you post from here on out, no one will take it serious

only a few posters reach this level... most are banned, but Westy is still around

you should be proud :thumbsup:

When Bubba can't deflect your points by himself, he tries to speak for the group. Yes, no one will take JJ seriously because Bubba just said so.

When Bubba can't deflect your points by himself, he tries to speak for the group. Yes, no one will take JJ seriously because Bubba just said so.

:laugh: :laugh:

See J_J the level you've ascended too :cheers:

1. Westy, you ignored that I ALREADY debunked J_J's point earlier, but I understand you can't make false assumptions if you acknowledge they are false :thumbsup:

2. No one takes you, Westy, or J_J seriously because of your own posts, you should know that by now... you have been trying discredit or sway people against me for along time, but people can think and read for themselves :)

No, no one will take JJ seriously because his response to bubba was asinine, illogical and laughable. He didn't need any help from bubba lol.

And for the record, bubba already deflected his points by himself...which is what lead to the aforementioned asinine, illogical and laughable response. Try and keep up, WB...

No, no one will take JJ seriously because his response to bubba was asinine, illogical and laughable. He didn't need any help from bubba lol.

And for the record, bubba already deflected his points by himself...which is what lead to the aforementioned asinine, illogical and laughable response. Try and keep up, WB...

Westy was just giving J_J an example of the level he's now ascended too, though J_J still has a little ways to go to match Westy's grand master status :laugh:

IMO, records don't mean much once you're in the playoffs. It could be debated that the Giants had overcome their midseason injury bug and were actually more competitive of a team than the Bucs were the year before.

The Redskins were playing championship level defense but couldn't get effective QB play. The Eagles had good QB play, but putrid run defense. You need a good defense and good QB play to make it through the playoffs. Hence the reason both teams lost.

I'm an Eagle fan, and therefore biased. However, winning three games in a row, on the road against divisional opponents had never been accomplished and is therefore a significant achievement.

This is what makes this debate so hard because the Skins fans are gonna pull isht out their ass toprove their point and Eagles fans are gonna pull isht out their ass. The fact of the matter is, both teams were on an even keel. If you do the simulation 100 times the results will be much closer to 50/50 than either group of fans think.

The way I look at it neither the 05 Skins or the 06 Eagles are going to be remembered throughout the league in the next few years. The 05 Steelers and the 06 Saints are more memorable than either of those teams. Yeah, the Steelers won the Superbowl, but winning 3 on the road in the playoffs to get there.

This is what makes this debate so hard because the Skins fans are gonna pull isht out their ass toprove their point and Eagles fans are gonna pull isht out their ass. The fact of the matter is, both teams were on an even keel. If you do the simulation 100 times the results will be much closer to 50/50 than either group of fans think.

The way I look at it neither the 05 Skins or the 06 Eagles are going to be remembered throughout the league in the next few years. The 05 Steelers and the 06 Saints are more memorable than either of those teams. Yeah, the Steelers won the Superbowl, but winning 3 on the road in the playoffs to get there.

I don't think anyone has pulled **** out of their ass to support either the Eagles or the Skins...valid points are brought up on both sides. And god forbid sports fans spend time sticking up for their favorite team...what a waste of time to do THAT, huh?...lol

And wtf do the Steelers or Saints have to do with this thread?

Archived