Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ABC News Blotter: Bush Authorizes New Covert Action Against Iran

AsburySkinsFan

The last thing moderate groups in Iran need is to be branded traitors by receiving American support

Don't you think that there might be people in a better position to judge that than you. Namely, the moderate groups in Iran. It is generally considered we did a good job aiding the anti-Milosevic forces:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A18395-2000Dec3&notFound=true

There should be a fullscale investigation into who leaked it, including press members called and forced to testiffy,

And the guilty party should rot in Gitmo for life.

Where is the journalistic integrity these days?

Treason IMO.

I agree with you. Unless the Administration wanted it leaked.

:laugh:

Stop. Please. :stop: :rotflmao:

You sound just like all the libs before Desert Storm.

"OH MY GAWWWWWWDDDDD! Iraq has the forth largest army in the world! They are expert desert warriors! They'll dig in and decimate our Army! :rolleyes:

What a joke

You are absolutely correct. No nation in the middle east can stand up to us militarily for 5 minutes in open warfare.

The problem is always maintaining control and accomplishing anything useful after we win the open battles.

You are absolutely correct. No nation in the middle east can stand up to us militarily for 5 minutes in open warfare.

The problem is always maintaining control and accomplishing anything useful after we win the open battles.

and that's been proven in each of the prolonged conflicts that we have taken part in since Vietnam. The only reason that Gulf War I is viewed as a success is that Bush I left, and his son thought that he could finish what his daddy started.

Don't you think that there might be people in a better position to judge that than you. Namely, the moderate groups in Iran. It is generally considered we did a good job aiding the anti-Milosevic forces:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&contentId=A18395-2000Dec3&notFound=true

The US didn't have a long history of completely screwing over Serbia, and that was before the Iraq occupation.

I am very confident in my judgement

The US didn't have a long history of completely screwing over Serbia, and that was before the Iraq occupation.

I am very confident in my judgement

It is good to know that you think you know more about Iran than Iranians. I'll remember that.

It is good to know that you think you know more about Iran than Iranians. I'll remember that.

So, you willing to introduce us to some of the numerous Iranians you know who are willing to publicly stand up and say "I like the USA, and I want my government overthrown."?

Or are you simply inventing fictitious Iranians to to support your personal opinion?

That's because we are schmucks. We don't bomb things and leave it a smoldering heap for others to learn from. We always have to rebuild

That's because we are schmucks. We don't bomb things and leave it a smoldering heap for others to learn from. We always have to rebuild

Well, when you invade a county to "save it for democracy" or something like we did in Vietnam or Iraq, leaving the whole thing a smoldering crater doesn't accomplish your purposes very well.

If you just want to kill a lot of people and feel all badazz, then it works great.

But there's really not as much money in bombing things. The serious bucks only come when you rebuild.

So, you willing to introduce us to some of the numerous Iranians you know who are willing to publicly stand up and say "I like the USA, and I want my government overthrown."?

Or are you simply inventing fictitious Iranians to to support your personal opinion?

He was a bit dismissive ,but finding Iranians that support his opinion is not hard and I could introduce you to some if you wish...or look online,they are a vocal bunch.

There is certainly no need to invent them.

No, but the article makes it sound like we are aiding people in Iran (so Iranians), and it isn't US special forces running around and blowing up buildings, and I would argue that Iranians on the ground in Iran have a better idea of how to approach this problem then the vast majority of the people in this country and on this board (except for maybe somebody that has family in Iran and is in communication w/ them). So when I see person X say this is an awful idea and isn't going to help democratize Iran, my response is 'why do you think you know more than the people that we are helping?', assuming democratization is their goal. It seems Liberty at least might have a reasonable foundation to suggest that he does (my last post was meant as a partial apology), but most don't and are stating an opinion w/ very little factual foundation as if it is a fact.

Note, you won't find a post where I say I support this. I believe this came up before, and I asked did anybody know what this groups objective is because it is not clear to me they are really for democracy or we are just supporting any group against the current regime.

He was a bit dismissive ,but finding Iranians that support his opinion is not hard and I could introduce you to some if you wish...or look online,they are a vocal bunch.

There is certainly no need to invent them.

Gee. And here I was under the impression that anybody in Iran who stands up and says "I like the USA" got tortured to death.

Which doesn't mean that there aren't any people "over there" who hate their government, but it does make it tough to be really authoritative about announcing that you know the True Feelings of the Iranian People.

You act like these things are OK just because everyone does them. See my sig.
This is how the world works, has worked, and will work after you and I are gone. It is just the way things are. To expect the US to be little goodie two shoes while the rest of the world functions is both unrealistic and dangerous. We tried the hands off approach in our past, and it resulted in Pearl Harbor. We tried the hands on approach over the past decades, and it resulted in 9/11. So, what do you propose we do that is simple enough and works that hasn't been thought of before? What is your revolutionairy approach to foreign relations, even those hell-bent on destroying us enough to kill themselves?

Your sig appears as an X.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3657519&postcount=18

My view on this situation has not changed. I have no information on the situation since that post.

This is a great thing ASF. We should be using propoganda and helping moderate groups in Iran. If anything has been lacking from the fight against these kooks it's been engaging them on the battlefield of ideas. They spread crazy **** and now it's time for us to fight back. We certainly fought communism in this manner.

Now we just need world leaders to openly mock the extremists and stop pretending burning down buildings in response to cartoons is acceptable.

Very well put Destino. That is exactly the reasoning behind it:applause:

I love how Mr. "Wage Peace" is so worried about Iran doing something back to us in response to some 'covert action' on our part..

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that:

perhaps it would be MORE dangerous to wait until the guy who scares you so much has NUCLEAR WEAPONS to use against us and the Israelis?

but let's just gnash our teeth and call the President an idiot- instead of dealing with the greatest threat to world security since the 1973 Yom Kippur War. :doh:

You pro-surrender jockeys will be the death of us all..

Well, when you invade a county to "save it for democracy" or something like we did in Vietnam or Iraq, leaving the whole thing a smoldering crater doesn't accomplish your purposes very well.

If you just want to kill a lot of people and feel all badazz, then it works great.

But you see Predicto; that's exactly what AFC wants, you eliminate those you fear by killing them all and letting God sort them out, regardless of whether or not they are guilty or innocent. You carpet bomb the whole place and when they are all dead you carpet bomb it again to make sure. Then when someone has the audacity to stand up and say that this is wrong, then you bomb them too, until you have acheived world domination.

I love how Mr. "Wage Peace" is so worried about Iran doing something back to us in response to some 'covert action' on our part..

Has the thought ever crossed your mind that:

perhaps it would be MORE dangerous to wait until the guy who scares you so much has NUCLEAR WEAPONS to use against us and the Israelis?

but let's just gnash our teeth and call the President an idiot- instead of dealing with the greatest threat to world security since the 1973 Yom Kippur War. :doh:

You pro-surrender jockeys will be the death of us all..

The greatest threat to world security since 1973...hmmmm, I thought that was 9/11, or maybe it was Iraq. Why is it that you feel that it is perfectly ok for the US and her allies to have nuclear weapons and yet it is not ok for the rest of the world. Because by my count only one country has ever used its nuclear arsenal in war. Maybe the rest of the world is afraid of US, and maybe that's why they react the way that they do....like we haven't given them enough reason to fear us.

Oh, BTW, you pro-war jockeys will be the death of everyone else and possibly even yourselves. The world has tried your approach and look what it has gotten us, its time for a new strategy.

But you see Predicto; that's exactly what AFC wants, you eliminate those you fear by killing them all and letting God sort them out, regardless of whether or not they are guilty or innocent. You carpet bomb the whole place and when they are all dead you carpet bomb it again to make sure. Then when someone has the audacity to stand up and say that this is wrong, then you bomb them too, until you have acheived world domination.
You sir, are an idiot. Never once has the US strived for world domination. We didn't ask to be the only superpower left. We survived because the foundation and basis of our country was firm. To claim that we , or the President, wants world domination is assinine. As a matter of fact, the people we are fighting in this war on terror have come out and called for them to dominate the world. Just as Germany/Japan/Italy did in WWII. So why don't you direct your cynicism toward the group actually preaching a one world, one religion way of life.:rolleyes:

Archived