Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Statement From Clinton Portis

TK

1) Its embarrassed, not imbarrassed.

2) Have you read a transcript of the entire interview? If not, then you really can't have an opinion on Portis' comments. Here, let me try:

You said that. So now you're on my side!!

See how taking statements out of context is bad?

Please do not modify my posts. :mad:

blown out of proportion? The man said that dog fighting is no big deal and shouldn't be a crime...

Dog fighting is complete and utter animal cruelty and anyone who thinks otherwise should be forced to live like a dog that is trained for fighting does.

He's famous and lives in the public eye, so it'll always be blown out of proportion for him. Everybody has/will say something stupid at the wrong time at one point in their lives, maybe not on the same level though.

:laugh:

1) Calling someone a hypocrite is a personal attack? Wow. Everyone in the tailgate should be banned immediately. :laugh:

2) Read the previous several pages to see who brian is. He's the one with the big orange edits by TK in his posts for all the personal attacks he was throwing around.

Well, technically calling someon a hypocrite is a personal attack. It's just not that bad of one. It's on about the same level as saying someone fling ****. ;)

I did not modify your post in any manner. You said those exact words!

You modified my post. You posted the last five words of 16 word sentence causing it to be read out of context. Again, please do not modify my posts. I want my position to remain clear on this subject.

What? Saying some flings ****? I don't know you're the one that said it is.

:rolleyes: Calling someone a hypocrite.

You modified my post. You posted the last five words of 16 word sentence causing it to be read out of context. Again, please do not modify my posts. I want my position to remain clear on this subject.

Dude...don't you see the irony?

That press release is such crap if you saw his interview. First, I think we should cut his butt right now. Second I think the feds should make him show them the location of these dog fights he mentioned. The way he spoke in the interview this dog fighting stuff is big business for pro athletes.

You missed my point. Privacy is not an excuse to do illegal things. Period. I was playing on the word by referring to his very public (and stupid) attempt to claim privacy has anything to do with this. It does not. You can't beat your kids in the privacy of your own home...neither can you let your dogs beat each other.

And I gave you the example that in the state of Virginia, there are laws against sodomy and other activities between consenting adults (I believe even oral stimulation)... To Portis, he was arguing privacy in the same way two consenting adults would argue privacy. He isn't a lawyer, he is a football player. He was wrong, but he was giving his opinion... It doesn't make him anything more than simply wrong. If you feel so strongly about this issue, why don't you petition the Virginia Bar to have his license to practice law revoked?

Someone needs to figure what a personal attack actually is.
I know. Rince, please look it up.

I don't know, TK. I often compliment my bestest friends by calling them hypocrites. They shower me with love and kisses everytime I question their integrity. They love that ****.

I don't know, TK. I often compliment my bestest friends by calling them hypocrites. They shower me with love and kisses everytime I question their integrity. They love that ****.

Really? I thought they just loved to fling it.

Didn't read the whole thread. But I thought it was just a tasteless joke, didn't really mean it. We've all made jokes that were in bad taste that we regret. Big deal, live and learn, move on. He obviously doesn't fight dogs, or he would have never said anything. Would draw attention. Everything these guys say is so magnified.

Really? I thought they just loved to fling it.

Me and my bestest friends have not yet evolved to that stage yet. Hell, we still think being called a hypocrite is a compliment. I just hope one of us figures out this whole fire thing soon, winter's just around the corner.

(Commenting on the hunting thread that was closed). I'm not with either hunting or dogfighting...and this may be a little off subject, but I was watching Chris Rock's stand up comedy a couple days ago, and he was speaking the truth on hunting. He said that this is the only country in the world, where people can go hunting on a full stomach, and if you think about it, most of the people who do it here...really dont need to.

CP didn't fight the dogs.

Stop listening to people like that fat, ignorant, sloppy, Ernie-sounding, chicken grease covered Golic who want to blame the sympathizers instead of the perpetrators.

I didn't hear him say ANYTHING about Shannon Sharpe who has a PICTURE WITH A FIGHTING DOG.

Bottom line:

1. I despise dogfighting and those who take part in it.

2. I don't care if CP doesn't have a problem with it, as long as he doesn't partake in it.

3. A human is ALWAYS more important than a dog, whether you're Darwin or Jesus.

Me and my bestest friends have not yet evolved to that stage yet. Hell, we still think being called a hypocrite is a compliment. I just hope one of us figures out this whole fire thing soon, winter's just around the corner.

So everything that is not complimentary is a personal attack? Wow. You could not be more off base. :rolleyes:

Archived