Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: Statement From Clinton Portis

TK

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

May 21, 2007

STATEMENT FROM CLINTON PORTIS

Ashburn, VA – The following is a statement from Redskins running back Clinton Portis regarding recent comments he made to a Norfolk, VA television station:

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner."

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

May 21, 2007

STATEMENT FROM CLINTON PORTIS

Ashburn, VA – The following is a statement from Redskins running back Clinton Portis regarding recent comments he made to a Norfolk, VA television station:

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner."

Thats great, except Portis, you DID condone dog fighting.

Just man the **** up and speak the truth, perhaps something like 'sometimes I'm a total dumbass and speak just because I like camera's in my face. I have no idea why I said the stupid ignorant things I said. And I'm sorry to create a distraction when my team sucked so badly last year and needs to focus on not sucking again this year.'

That would've gotten it done for me :)

Just man the **** up and speak the truth, perhaps something like 'sometimes I'm a total dumbass and speak just because I like camera's in my face. I have no idea why I said the stupid ignorant things I said. And I'm sorry to create a distraction when my team sucked so badly last year and needs to focus on not sucking again this year.'

Here here :cheers:

Damn right....:applause:

Ah, the power of the internets. You don't think the threads (original thread and Tarhog's picture thread) made through Redskins Park, coaches and players?

I'm waiting for the call to bring my playbook to the office :)

Ease up. At least he did the P.C. thing and clear his statement!:2cents:

Amen. :notworthy

That's the entire release? Seems...unfinished.

He apparently doesn't condone long press releases either.

Let's be honest- what he said on camera the other day was a lot more sincere than what was in the press release.

Atta boy, CP.

Atta boy? You're congratulating him because the Washington front office called hiim and told him he had to say that? Are you sh1tting me? Get real dude, CP is still trailor trash no matter how you slice it.

Atta boy, CP.

Yep, quite the effort, eh? Truly inspiring.

Now my question for you is, which do you believe was more sincere and accurately reflective of Portis' feelings on the subject, this press release or the statements he made during the interview the other day?

He should put his money where his mouth is and make a huge donation to a dog shelter/rescue. I think some sort of penance is in order.

Agreed. And I am sure the organization will be stroking a large check within a week to an animal rights group, this calls for a photo opp.

We will likely also have an animal rights day during the 1st home game.

Might even need to put a patch on the jerseys for a few games.

To be honest, I said this in the last thread, but he never technically condoned dogfighting. He downplayed it yes. Condoned it no. He didn't say he is always up for a good dogfight or anything like that or that he thinks dogfighting is ok. But I covered all that in the last thread so Ill just echo jrock's statement. Then of course I also knew there would be a apology and that it might even be a empty one, but it is a apology.

Archived