Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN Power Rankings.....Brace Yourself

lavar1156

Patriots - 2007: Just one minute away from a trip to the Super Bowl, the Patriots were arguably the NFL's most active team this offseason, adding big-ticket items such as Randy Moss and Adalius Thomas.

Redskins - 2000: Just a botched field-goal away from a the NFC Championship game, the Redskins were arguably the NFL's most active team this offseason, adding big-ticket items such as Dieon Sanders and Bruce Smith.

Way too eerie! It seems like this is going to blow up in NE's face - but then again they're so hot right now they could take a crap, wrap it in tin foil, put a couple of fish hooks on it and sell it to Queen Elizabeth as earrings!

Big difference... Snyder created an environment where washed up players who had no desire to play hard anymore came to get paid big bucks while they put in minimal effort.

NE has created an environment where ultra-talented players who want a shot at the big dance will take less money because they want to win.

no surprises here....

power rankings during the offseason are useless anyway.

yeah i dont know what that "brace yourself" crap was about. we will definitely be a bottomfeeder next year. i will be supremely happy if we go 8-8. only those who drink redskins koolaid and wear burgundy and gold glasses think we have a shot next year. Thats not to say strange things cant happen - i mean the saints came out of NO WHERE last year and surprised everyone. however, realistically, i think we are about as talented as detroit and greenbay right now.

Awesome news from ESPN. Whose team smacks Duke in the mouth more than anyone else's?

Gary Williams.

Why?

He teaches his players

1) not to be afraid of a white and blue jersey or of a few thousand geeks in the stands painted up to look like Papa Smurf, and

2) that Maryland teams almost always under-valued in the polls compared to Duke.

Joe's turn.

To me, this is great news...let this team fly under the radar. I hope everyone thinks this team will suck. The pressure will be off (to a degree), Campbell will quietly stun the NFC, Portis and Betts will emerge as the premier two-headed RB monster of the NFL behind one of the NFL's most seasoned O-lines, the Defense will create the turnovers needed to provide a shorter field (I am a believer in the law of averages--based on what happened last year, the ball will bounce OUR way more often than not), the tandem of Taylor and Landry will wreak HAVOK on WRs going over the middle and fester in their heads all game--every game, Daniels (if he reamins healthy) will be palying with as much drive as he ever has and free up Carter to be the true pass-rusher this team has thirsted for for years now. Bring on the season! :1stplace:

Yes nice rankings. Tampa is better than us now since they picked up Calvin Johnson.

Wait, no they didn't. They're even older than they were last year. But yeah they should be ahead of us in the rankings.

I fully support equal rights, but hiring a mentally retarded person to be a sportswriter is just bad for business.

yea...i can understand them putting us behind some of the other teams (even though i think we'll make the playoffs this yead)....but im pretty surprised they even had us behind tampa bay.

i just cant wait for the season to actually start so i dont have to read this crap anymore

Archived