Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Joe Andruzzi?

Phannman66

He just got released by the Browns. I know what you are thinking ("the Browns are horrible.. why would they release someone good"). He mainly got released cause of a bloated contract they signed him to.

We are still searching for a LG even tho we signed Todd Wade to a deal, and I think Andruzzi can be a very very good pickup.

He's been in the league for 11 years now and he might not have the skills any longer to perform at a high level.

Romeo Crennel knows this guy well, and if he cut him, there has to be a good reason.

My sentiments exactly. This guy was good, but why would the Browns cut him outright instead of reworking his deal. Andruzzi would know that he wouldn't get much anywhere else.

I'd pass.

My sentiments exactly. This guy was good, but why would the Browns cut him outright instead of reworking his deal. Andruzzi would know that he wouldn't get much anywhere else.

I'd pass.

Because they signed Eric Steinbach to take his place at LG. And now that they've drafted Joe Thomas they'll probably shift their former LT to RT and move Ryan Tucker to RG. They also picked up Seth McKinney in the offseason who's another C/G and they have our old pal Lennie Friedman. Andruzzi's about done anyway. His knees are bad and he has trouble getting out of his stance.

He started for the Pats during all three of their Superbowls. He can't be that bad. And he's only 31 so I dont buy that he's too old. But I dont know the extent of his injury problems. Could be worth a look if the staff think he is healthy enough. But with Wade, Tucker, and Pucillo, I'm not really THAT worried about LG. I think we will be fine.

Seriously is this how it is going to be from now until the season starts....

Every single time a scrub gets released we're going to bring him in??

Andruzzi is FAR from a scrub..

and is our LG set in stone? didn't think so.. if we have the opportunity to bring in a high quality player who has played 'G' his whole career instead of a career 'T', then I say go for it.

He would probably be fine as a temporary fill in until we get a long term guard replacement for Dockery. As far as I know Wade has never played guard but I could be wrong on that. Obviously Andruzzi was at least somewhat a system player with the Patriots as he never really did anything before or after his Patriots stint. For a cheap one or two year deal it would be worth it, anything more than that and it certainly isn't because he is 31.

Already posted in Around the NFL. First Keyshawn, then Manny, now Andruzzi. Who's gonna get cut next so we can start another thread about picking him up?

I agree with you about signing every player cut but Wade is a tackle playing guard and who knows if thats going to work. So having Joe A would be a nice pick up.

Because they signed Eric Steinbach to take his place at LG. And now that they've drafted Joe Thomas they'll probably shift their former LT to RT and move Ryan Tucker to RG. They also picked up Seth McKinney in the offseason who's another C/G and they have our old pal Lennie Friedman. Andruzzi's about done anyway. His knees are bad and he has trouble getting out of his stance.

I dont think they have friedman anymore. I do think they have Hank Fraley tho.

Do we need another 29 year old 11-year veteran who we dont really need in the first place for money we really dont need to splurge right now?

Pass.

Yes, we might need an experienced guard for a couple seasons if he's better than who we have.

Who do we have? A couple decent BACKUP guards and tackles. Andruzzi has started and played at a high level for a number of years. He's worth a look. Maybe he won't cost but a couple mil a year for two years. Maybe he has a couple years left in him. I don't know. But I do know that he was a very good player just a couple years ago. It's worth kicking the tires.

Archived