Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell makes running game work

TheMostLikeThat

Who would come out on top our O or D  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who would come out on top our O or D

What up fellow Skins fans, long time reader, first time poster. I just want to express something I don't think people realize, especially fans from other teams around the league. Last sesaon, when Betts all of a sudden became a beastly running back towards the end, it was not because he just became nasty, but rather cus Campbell was in. With Brunell, teams knew there was no vertical threat, thus they could stack the box like crazy. With Campbell in, teams start to respect our downfield passing threat, and the result is Betts runs for 1000 yards. Al Saunders offense does work guys, its fact. Priest was never a beast until he was in it. No running game will work with Brunell in. I cannot wait to see Portis in with Campbell. He is going to run WILD because despite what some people may want to believe, Betts is not half the back CP is. Our offense is gonna fry next year, and you will all realize Al Saunders really is an offensive genius. HAIL!

You have some valid points. I think Betts is one hell of a back, personally. With the combination of Betts and CP in the backfield, teams will fear the run. Campbell has shown some ability to make plays with his arm and feet so teams will be worried. I hope that the running game is absolutely crushing next year as well as the passing game.

Yeah, for the first time in a long time we have kept the entire offense the same with the exception of losing Dockery which...for the money wasn't really our fault. Continuity on that side of the ball is another key to success. It may be a blessing that Brunell got the boot last year because now Campbell is in his 2nd year in the Saunders system- a system which Al himself said takes about 2 years to really learn.

Yeah, for the first time in a long time we have kept the entire offense the same with the exception of losing Dockery which...for the money wasn't really our fault. Continuity on that side of the ball is another key to success. It may be a blessing that Brunell got the boot last year because now Campbell is in his 2nd year in the Saunders system- a system which Al himself said takes about 2 years to really learn.

And even though we didnt re-sign Dock, we are replacing him with one of our own. Continuity should not be a problem this year.

I don't think that it was ever a question whether or not Saunders offense didn't work. I do think that Campbell does indeed help the running game. However, I also think that towards the end of the year everything started to click with the running game which is why you saw Betts take off, people need to remember that it takes time for everybody to get on the same page in complecated offensive systems like the one Al Saunders runs. I think that having another year and another training camp with all the major parts still intact for more than one year will help this team a lot.

What up fellow Skins fans, long time reader, first time poster. I just want to express something I don't think people realize, especially fans from other teams around the league. Last sesaon, when Betts all of a sudden became a beastly running back towards the end, it was not because he just became nasty, but rather cus Campbell was in. With Brunell, teams knew there was no vertical threat, thus they could stack the box like crazy. With Campbell in, teams start to respect our downfield passing threat, and the result is Betts runs for 1000 yards. Al Saunders offense does work guys, its fact. Priest was never a beast until he was in it. No running game will work with Brunell in. I cannot wait to see Portis in with Campbell. He is going to run WILD because despite what some people may want to believe, Betts is not half the back CP is. Our offense is gonna fry next year, and you will all realize Al Saunders really is an offensive genius. HAIL!
Welcome aboard! Mark "Screen Pass or Bust" Brunell wasn't exactly a QB that threatened teams downfield. Offensively, there's no reason why we shouldn't have a hell of a year in 07. Portis will be comeback player of the year. Cooley & Moss should both make the Pro Bowl along with Samuels and Portis, with Campbell as a backup to Brees. Mike Sellars makes it too.

This is one of the reasons why many of us were clamoring for Campbell instead of Brunell at a point VERY early in the season. Campbell presents a downfield threat that forces defenses to respect the pass. Brunell throws dump offs. Which is easier to defend? Which allows you to leave more guys in the box for short passes and run plays? Yes, I think even us dumb and ignorant fans who do not understand the systems of our coaches can answer that question. Never question the hierarchy men!

Exactly, people are finally thinking rationally. It was unfair for us to bash Saunders last year when his offense has been proven so many times. Rams, Chiefs, and next year us. We are really about to shock the NFL this year, we are getting so disrespected. I have a great feeling about this

yeah totally agree with the thread starter. and the greatness of it, is that if Portis and Betts are running all over the place. Its only going to make Campbell better. He is gonna be a stellar QB if Portis and Betts are all over the place.

Hail to the beginning of having the best offense in the league

You took the words out of my mouth, things are in place on offense now for some real threat again. With both backs healthy and under strong contracts, its going to be a fun couple of years. As for Campbell, I am sold. He is our guy and with CP back. He will shine.:applause:

It's good to see some Colorado fans, I'm sick of going out there and being told how much the redskins suck and how great the broncos are.... I'm like didn't we play you in a SB once?

They come back with win percentages in the last ten years...

Archived