Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss for a 4th! Is it time to reconsider Jenkins?

Monk in the Hall!

Earlier today, I opened a talk about our 2006 DT draft picks (KG/AM).

After seeing Moss go to NE for a 4th rounder (that still makes me laugh... we gave up a 3rd for Duckett), Jenkins might be had for a 5th or 6th.

If he could he had for for a 5th (maybe 2008, given we have few picks this year), should we consider? He is a 2 gap guy, like Branch would have been.

Thoughts?

(Note: I am afraid to post this out of fear of having rotten veggies tossed at me, but I am curious about this idea).

I would hope that we wouldn't give up our 5th this year. If we were to give up a pick next year, it would be a 3rd (at least). Future picks are only worth about half of their value on draft day.

Damn the Cowboys... Didn't really have anything to do with the thread, but eh, what the hell. It's just fun to say! :)

If we could get him for a 5th it would be a steal - but I doubt Carolina would move him for that. If they would I would also do a double take becuase if they are that desparate to move a 28 year old Pro Bowl DT thats a big red flag saying buyer beware to me.

I would give Chicago this year's 5th and next year's 4th for Briggs and give Carolina next year's 3rd for Jenkins. I would also look at picking up Rice after he's a June 1st cut. With Taylor, Landry, Springs, Smoot, and Rogers in the secondary, and Washington, Fletcher, and Briggs at LB, and Griffin, Jenkins, Carter, and Rice; we would easily be a top 10 defense.

I would give Chicago this year's 5th and next year's 4th for Briggs and give Carolina next year's 3rd for Jenkins. I would also look at picking up Rice after he's a June 1st cut. With Taylor, Landry, Springs, Smoot, and Rogers in the secondary, and Washington, Fletcher, and Briggs at LB, and Griffin, Jenkins, Carter, and Rice; we would easily be a top 10 defense.
Relax would ya. It's a quite offseason. Stop panicing. Just kidding, I would do all that.

The Raiders needed him off the team due to contract and attitude. Don't forget they had to fork over a 2nd rounder for WES WELKER :doh:

Yeah it was a unique situation. Moss would only restructure for the Pats and the Raiders needed him gone so they bent over and took it. People posting in this thread saying mid-round pick for Jenkins or Briggs etc. need to get a clue.

I've read in various chat rooms that Jenkins has a dislike for the skins. If there is any truth to this there is no need to go after a player that does not want to be apart of the organization.

Money makes things change. He may have been a fan of another team or something. Make no mistakes about it, he knows this is a business.

yeah, there were some unique circumstances here but the point that NE acquired a pro bowl caliber talent for a #4 pick gives one pause as to why the Redskins surrendered multiple picks plus a $10 million bonus to a guy like Brandon Lloyd that isn't deserving of carrying Moss' jock strap :mad:

Archived