Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss for a 4th! Is it time to reconsider Jenkins?

Monk in the Hall!

if Booger McFarland yielded a #2 pick last year, you can bet that Carolina is not going to deal Jenkins for a middle round pick.
Yea but B Double L O Y D Commanded a 3rd and 4th last year pluse a brand new contract.

He had attiude and effort issues, much like randy moss, who commanded a 4th this year. You just never know

If Carolina isn't willing to resign him and we by some miracle are able to afford him, a 4th is worth it. A 3rd is too much though. We can't afford to trade youth anymore for veterans. We need to make veterans on the bench or we will be in stupid tight cap hell for the rest of the century.

I'm really concerned about the pressure this defense can put on if we don't upgrade the pass rush. We haven't addressed it in the draft. Hopefully there will be some decent free agents available. We really lack pressure from the end position and our d-backs and safetys need this in order to be effective. If we are going to contend with the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys we will need better talent on the defensive line!!:dallasuck

i'm wondering if Jenkins (like Al Wilson in the Denver situation which seems largely similar) doesn't have some serious underlying medical issues. I mean, why else would Carolina be willing to part with the guy at this point? Is it just because he seems so injury prone? I would love the guy though cause he fills a huge need for us. Can we get him with a contract that is incentive laden?

I would give Chicago this year's 5th and next year's 4th for Briggs and give Carolina next year's 3rd for Jenkins. I would also look at picking up Rice after he's a June 1st cut. With Taylor, Landry, Springs, Smoot, and Rogers in the secondary, and Washington, Fletcher, and Briggs at LB, and Griffin, Jenkins, Carter, and Rice; we would easily be a top 10 defense.

how are we going to resign a pro bowl LB, pro bowl DT and Simeon Rice?

Well considering those trades would NEVER happen in real life, he's obviously talking about Madden.... so its easy. Go to options and turn off salary cap :laugh:.

We are about $5M under the cap and have another $3M coming between the designated post June 1st cut of David Patten, the pay cut that Wynn took, and when we cut Collins. We only have Landry to sign for money, as well as Briggs, and Rice. We cut restructure one guy; e.g., Moss and we could have about $3M per player in the first year. A piece of cake for the Danny!

Archived