Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Galactus,Darkseid,Thanos or Apocalypse:Who's the most powerful?

Thanos

Galactus no doubt...seeing how he has the power of the universe, and the universe is seemingly endless.....you get the idea

Galactus wields the immeasurable Power Cosmic and has been described as "the most powerful creature in the universe."

As such, Galactus is able to employ the limitless cosmic energies within him to produce nearly any effect he desires, including size-alteration, the molecular restructuring and transmutation of matter, the teleportation of objects—even entire galaxies—across space and time, the erection of impenetrable force fields, the creation of interdimensional portals, telepathy, telekinesis, and cosmic awareness on a universal scale.

Galactus has even shown the ability to create sentient life in the form of Tyrant, resurrect his herald Morg, manipulate mortal souls and remake dead worlds—including their populations—in every detail.

Galactus also wears armor to help regulate his internal energies. As Galactus must continuously feed to sustain himself, his power levels are inconsistent throughout any given period of time.

So wide is this disparity that Earth's heroes have been able to achieve various degrees of success in directly repelling a starving, weakened Galactus; even in a depleted state, however, Galactus has proven to be a match for the assembled heroes.

As the oldest known living entity in the universe, Galactus arguably possesses the most advanced intellect in existence.

Galactus employs technology that by Mr. Fantastic's own admission—perhaps the most brilliant mind on Earth—he cannot even begin to grasp.

it said in wikipedia that thanos with infinity gauntlet whooped galactus' butt... case closed.

1. Wikipedia is NOT the final word on anything.... ANYTHING, so no case is closed due to Wikipedia.

2. Adam Warlock ends up taking the Infinity Gauntlet at the end of the Infinity Guantlet series, and Adam Warlock has nowhere the power of Galactus.Anyone with the Infinity Guantlet is powerful, what if Galactus had the Infinity Guantlet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_Force_%28comics%29

Years in the future, when the Phoenix Force took Rachel Summers into the cosmos to heal her, it ran into Galactus, the world eater, who was consuming a planet. The two battled and the Phoenix Force was able to stop him. Unfortunately, the world it tried to save was destroyed by their combined powers. The Phoenix told Galactus to stop because he does not have the strength to continue. It said that it wanted to save the life of the planet Galactus was devouring and its actions were just. Galactus, however, accused it of being a hypocrite. He claimed that while he devoured life on planets, the Phoenix in turn took life energy from the future - killing countless beings that have yet to be born. From that point on, the Phoenix Force decided that it would not mainfest, as in take total control of her host body, because it is denying life in the future.

Galactus needs to consume worlds in order to survive. The Phoenix could easily starve him out.

Truth is Beauty...

dark_phoenix.jpg

A joy forever!

Groo the Wanderer without a doubt

Sergio Aronges is the shizkit.

What about Preacher? He gets no love?

Nice to see the unabashed comic geekdom in this thread. Makes me feel at home. :)

I haven't ready the Infinity Gaunlet stuff since the early 90s, but I recall Thanos being pretty powerful.

There was recently an Ultimate War title with Thanos and Dr. Doom going at it...

Thanos is hard to beat in any case.

I was a Marvel FREAK until about the time I entered the Navy at 18 years old. That was 1986. I lost touch and aside from all the Marvel movies that have come out, I never got into comics again.

This thread is blowing my mind. :)

In 1986 there was no question whatsoever that Galactus was the most powerful being in Marvel universe. All planets, solar systems, galaxies, dimensions. I seem to remember that Apocalypse was indeed a herald of Galactus andmay have even been introduced to Marvel readers in that role.(?)

I have never heard of Thanos or Darkseid. From what I gather in this thread, they could beat up on Apocalypse with ease but they both look like knock-offs of him.

BTW- Thanos, where did you get those images of Galactus?

Pulled it off GOOGLe .The images originally are from a video game called Marvel Ultimate Alliance"

5155D3D4EML._AA280_.jpg

Sergio Aronges is the shizkit.

What about Preacher? He gets no love?

Nice to see the unabashed comic geekdom in this thread. Makes me feel at home. :)

I haven't ready the Infinity Gaunlet stuff since the early 90s, but I recall Thanos being pretty powerful.

There was recently an Ultimate War title with Thanos and Dr. Doom going at it...

Thanos is hard to beat in any case.

Thanos isnt squat without the Infinity Guantlet. Adam Warlock proved that. Does anyone rememeber the "Secret Wars" with a guy named "The Beyonder"? Wasnt he supposed to be like a god or something close? Thats old 80's Marvel comics...

Stew--I guess I just see Thanos as irrevocably tied to the Infinity Gauntlet--they can't be separated.

Eventhough they were? At the end of the Infinity Guantlet, Adam Warlock scatters the crystals of the Infinity Guantlet throughout the galaxy, assigning a protector to each ot the gems. He is the protector of one of them. Thats how the Infinity Guantlet ends. The only reason I know that is because I have the whole Infinity Guantlet series in plastic somewhere in the basement. After the Guantlet, the Infinity war starts, and Thanos doesnt get the Guantlet back. Thanos with the Infinity Guantlet was such a small piece of time in the Marvel Universe, I guess I dont see how you couldnt seperate them, when they were only together for a short span of time....

Archived