Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Electrical Bondage (need help!!!)

Blighty Skins

Anyone have any idea how to electricly bond a towel warmer? I did the bath, no problem. The towel warmer is a complete mystery to me. It's a stainless steel towel warmer which is about 4 foot high. I took pictures but I left the USB cable for the camera in the other house. :rolleyes: I'll post them tonight when I get back...cheers.

Electrically bondage is when you wire up everything metal in your bathroom so that it's all earthed via your consumer unit, usually through your copper pipes.

Dirty wankers. :laugh:

edit: Oh yeah, it's new building regulations here...

Are you talking about grounding everything at one point?

Are you talking about grounding everything at one point?

yeah exactly...I did the bath (stainless steel) and now for the towel warmer. Any ideas? I have the copper pipes coming up from the floorboards. I left my blimming USB cable otherwise I woulda shown you. :doh:

p.s. The technical word is "Electrical Bond". Or so they tell me.

yeah exactly...I did the bath (stainless steel) and now for the towel warmer. Any ideas? I have the copper pipes coming up from the floorboards. I left my blimming USB cable otherwise I woulda shown you. :doh:

p.s. The technical word is "Electrical Bond". Or so they tell me.

I think it has something to do with the ground fault circuit so the electric shuts off in the event of a shortage caused by water but i'm not an electrician so I'm not throwing any advice out that may get you charred. If you don't figure it out by tommorow I'll ask my uncle who's a master electrician and post his thouhgt s for you.

In that case there should be a ground wire connected to the body of the warmer. You just tie that to the existing ground wire. If you're running a dedicated circuit, then it would come directly from the ground bar in the panel.

I think it may have something to do with the voltage difference in the UK and whatever the building codes are because that's what I originally thought to.

I think it may have something to do with the voltage difference in the UK and whatever the building codes are because that's what I originally thought to.

Nah, voltage doesn't matter. There's always an equipment bond to everything electrical. It's universal.

I doubt the manufacturer of that warmer would be allowed to sell something made of stainless steel that uses electricity without provisions for connecting it to the grounding system in the house somehow.

Now if this thing isn't electrical and it uses the water heater for it's heat, then as long as the pipes connecting it to the water heater aren't plastic, it would be grounded through the water heater, which I would assume already has it's own ground.

Archived