Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mock Draft: WAS trades with NE

DCdangerous

I found this link where they forsee not just the picks in the draft, but also what picks are traded to whom.

http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.9652/Football

In this mock draft, Detroit trades with Tampa Bay so TB can get CJ, Detroit trades again with Miami, and probably the best trade is where Washington gets NE's two first round picks (NE gets LaRon Landry). It is a good trade to me, and they get Anthony Spencer who I hope the Redskins do get, but I dont know why they would get DT Justin Harrell who had an injury.

I found this link where they forsee not just the picks in the draft, but also what picks are traded to whom.

In this mock draft, Detroit trades with Tampa Bay so TB can get CJ, Detroit trades again with Miami, and probably the best trade is where Washington gets NE's two first round picks (NE gets LaRon Landry). It is a good trade to me, and they get Anthony Spencer who I hope the Redskins do get, but I dont know why they would get DT Justin Harrell who had an injury.

The problem is the Pats dont like to pay money to rookies so thats a big road block to a trade like this.

That's decent. It's hard to do a mock with trades, but that one seems OK.

Of course, we don't know that New england (or anybody, for that matter) wants to deal up anymore than we know who they will pick. But people will come onto this thread and say "New England doesn't trade up!" which is an overstatement.

If it went down like that, btw, I would hope we tried to deal up and get Jamal Anderson. Anderson and Harrell would make for a satisfying day 1, imo.

...becasue Harrell is GOOD and rated as a top DT in this draft. Add him and DE would be pretty sweet. I'd prefer the best available DL and Merriweather though. Well, we all can wish...

Yeah, it's tough to do a mock that predicts trades.

OTOH, I look at this draft and I see at least two players (Peterson and Quinn) that a lot of folks would like to have, but they play at positions we don't need, and might fall to us.

And I think that everybody in the NFL knows that we'd consider trading down.

...becasue Harrell is GOOD and rated as a top DT in this draft.

Because he's good? What kind of silly-ass reason is that to draft a guy?

I was hoping he'd fall into the late 2nd/early 3rd, but he's actually risen on boards. Tyler's character is a concern and there are really only 4 DTs who seem likely to be impact guys, so I'd be happy to get Harrell.

Interesting. Seen a few mock drafts with trades involved in them. It's tough to say right now. There's a number of folks, (fans and media alike), who would like to see the Redskins trade down. However, there are also those out there saying that doing so will be difficult because of the alleged shortage of teams wishing to trade up. All this could give this scenario some credence because teams wanting to trade up almost have the upper hand here. Either the draft comes along and there are few to no trades, or draft day shows up and teams blink. Things get exciting from there. :)

According to the draft value chart our 1st round pick is worth 1600 pts. The value of the 24th and 28th is 1400 points. That is not enough compensation. A 200 point difference is the equivalent of a mid 3rd rounder. I know we would never get all these picks but this would be the fairest compensation: Was 1-6 (1600) + 7th round (12 + or -) for N.E. 1-24 (740) + 1-28 (660) + 3-92 (132) + 4th round (48 + or -) + 5th round (29 + or -). I don't know the exact draft positions in the later round b/c of comp picks but this is based where they would pick w/ the 28th spot.

I wouldn't have a problem with it but:

Our #6= 1,600 draft points

NE's #24 and #28= 1,400

so my suggestion if NE really wanted to do this, they would need to give us:

#24, #28, #91 (136) and #127 (45)= 1,581

I agree we should get a little more, though I wouldn't be slave to the value chart that much.

Also, NE generally seems like a team that would only do a deal like this if they felt they were getting good value, and high picks are a bit overvalued by the chart. Plus, this would leave them no picks between Landry and the compensatory portion of round 5. I can't see them accepting that. Maybe we get their 4th and a future pick or something.

Seriously, the Lions would be loooooooooooaded in that mock draft. 4 2nd round selections and a first round selection. daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

That actually adds up to 3 2nds, not 4, Professor Math.:jk:

They also have 4 5ths, for the record. I would be surprised at this point to see them make the Miami trade and lose out on Adams, though.

I agree we should get a little more, though I wouldn't be slave to the value chart that much.

Also, NE generally seems like a team that would only do a deal like this if they felt they were getting good value, and high picks are a bit overvalued by the chart. Plus, this would leave them no picks between Landry and the compensatory portion of round 5. I can't see them accepting that. Maybe we get their 4th and a future pick or something.

Agree, I would hope we could get a third or at least a 4th and 7th in addition to the two firsts. It would still be a good deal for them.

Also to those who say NE doesn't want to spend money, look at this years offseason, they are spending. They seem to be building for a run and what better way to help then to add the top defender in the draft in a position of need for them.

I would hope we would at least wave this trade at atl before we do it to see what they may offer. If we could get a 1st and one of their seconds I might have to consider it over the NE proposal, even the one I outlined. We might be able to force NE into forfeiting a day 1 pick next year.

Also if we do get the two 1sts I can see only one going to the DL and one going to G or SS.

The problem is the Pats dont like to pay money to rookies so thats a big road block to a trade like this.

Yeah but if you look at it as a successful draft, the Pats would have to pay 2 1st round selections a lot of money after their contracts run out and they are successful vets, instead of just one if they only had the #6 pick. I hope they can look at it like that, I really like this mock. I like both of the guys taken and the direction the team goes with those picks. Too bad it isn't reality.

I like Spencer a lot, because I heard Joe Thomas say he was the best d-linemen he had faced.

this does mean something coming from the top rated OL in the draft, but you also must remember that Joe Thomas only played against Big Ten teams for the most part. That being said, he didn't go up against most of the top DL in the NCAA.

Archived