Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2K Sports vs. EA Sports: Who's Better?

skinsfan07

I didn't believe in 2K Sports until I bought NHL 2K6 for the PS2. Even though the graphics were inferior, the gameplay was so much better than EA's. I just bought EA's NHL 07 for the 360 and the gameplay still sucks compared to the NHL 2K6.

Agreed. EA's gameplay sucks. The only god game EA has is Fight Night.

The rest are worthless. I only buy madden for the graphics. But once 2K comes out with that football game, no more Madden.

I will admit that NEXT to Mike Tyson's Punch Out from NES...Fight Night Rounds 2 & 3 are the best boxing games ever. EA hit that one on the head. Too bad boxing isn't exactly the thing to be mimicing perfectly nowadays.

Fight Night round 3 for the 360 is a great game. So you have to give a check to EA sports for that. FIFA is a good game as well.

But his conversation is about the big 4.

If you can still count NFL 2K5 for the Xbox (Great game by the way, I still play it to this day), you have to count MVP 2005 as well. THat is the best baseball game released to date. Sure, MLB 2K7 has all the bells & whistles, and it looks great, but the game still is too centered around the home run, and doesn't play as smoothly as the old MVP did. I can't judge it against MVP 2007, because nobody cares about college baseball.

I own MLB 2K7 for the same reason that I own Madden, because it's the only game in town. It sucks that the exclusive licenses robbed us of both the best baseball game, & the best football game.

I've been an NHL2K fan for seven years, since they first came out on the dreamcast. Same can be said for NBA2K. They both have been better than EA sports for years.

I don't even hesitate to say it, NBA 2K7 for the 360 is the best sports game I have ever played.

NHL 98 was the last EA hockey game I recall enjoying, and I think the last baseketball one was NBA Live 95 (Or Coach K's college baseketball. That game was the ****)

So, if I had to vote, I'd give it to 2K, but not unanimously. Plus I wish they didn't freeze up on the 360 in the middle of the game every now & then.......

^^^Yea NBA 2K7 is the best Sports game I've ever played as well. Everything is great about it. From the way each player shoots, to the smoothness of the gameplay to the graphics and the halftime show (something EA doesn't have), it is a perfect game. 10/10 in my book.

Ok I'll admit I don't play hockey games that much anymore. But I will say that NHL 94 was awesome! It's hilarious you mention it actually. The only dudes I know in the league nowadays are people from NHL 94 and 98. I believe 98 was a little better than 94. Graphics were a little faster. Always was the Chicago Blackhawks. Roenick, Chelios, Belfor...All of 'em still play! Those games were a blast, especially since I made it a personal rule not to fake the goalie out since it was so easy. Slapshots only in NHL 98 AND 94 baby. Be a man!

we actually own every game in the NHL series for the SNES (including NHLPA 93.) while 98 does bring different things to the table such as unique special moves, i still think the 94 was a better game overall.

I didn't believe in 2K Sports until I bought NHL 2K6 for the PS2. Even though the graphics were inferior, the gameplay was so much better than EA's. I just bought EA's NHL 07 for the 360 and the gameplay still sucks compared to the NHL 2K6.

i still need to play 2k6-7. the thing i really liked about the 2k franchise was the level of goalie control. with the 0x franchise, you have a "save" button, but with the 2k franchise under advanced controls you can choose the move you wish to perform. also i saw that in the newer ones you could play from a veiw behind the goalie (with the goalie being transparent) which i thought was a great idea.

being that i haven't played 2k6 or 7, i can't comment on their gameplay, but i know that 06 had better gameplay than 2k5

I feel that NFL 2K5 was terrible. Pure JUNK. The biggest waste of 20 bucks. I'll sell my copy (PS2) if someone wants it.

Man thats the best football game ever! Thats one of the best games I ever bought. I could probably get to like Madden if they didnt have that "Mario Running" where you hold the button down. EA was real gay for getting exclusive rights, how ***** is that? THey couldnt handle a little bit of competition.

Man thats the best football game ever! Thats one of the best games I ever bought. I could probably get to like Madden if they didnt have that "Mario Running" where you hold the button down. EA was real gay for getting exclusive rights, how ***** is that? THey couldnt handle a little bit of competition.

EA used to have you repeatedly press the sprint button, but i guess they decided their users were too stupid for that.

except for Tiger and even that game could use a lot of work.

Yeah like letting you place the ball wherever you want in the tee box... I mean would it be that hard? I'm tired of not being able to hit a shot because I'd clip a leaf. If I could move over 6 feet, I would be able to shoot lower rounds...

P.S. I'm one of the best Tiger players I have ever seen. Online competition is no match...

2Ksports has been better for some time now, but I still look at it on a game-by-game and year-by-year basis. Both companies have put out good games and both have put out bad games. I've pretty much always prefered 2k football and basketball though.

2K football games were sorry as hell if you ask me. The gameplay wasn't very realistic at all in my opinion. NBA 2K games are awesome though, I'll continue to get them over NBA Live unless something drastically changes. I thought MVP baseball was WAY better than MLB 2K games

i've never played the 2k series. with the reviews here, i'll give it a shot.

i will say that nhl 07 on the 360 is one of the best sports games ever. the new control scheme is sweet. the right analog stick is shoot, deke and check on defense.

a friend loaned me the 2k7 hockey game, i'll try it. but the old button control scheme isn't gonna' cut it, i think.

Bro this is AMERICA! COMPETITION DOESN'T EXIST!

ANyways in terms of gameplay 2K wins hands down, they have better features and better player control.

In terms of graphics Madden wins hands down, the fluid player motion makes me like Madden more than the 2k franchise.

I can't stand playing 2k football because the player motion is so freaking choppy and unattractive it really looks computerized.

EA is ridiculous as they stopped progressing since the 02 madden came out for PS2. Its vitrually the same graphics with new features every year that really don't do much except QB vision, thats cool.

Bro this is AMERICA! COMPETITION DOESN'T EXIST!

ANyways in terms of gameplay 2K wins hands down, they have better features and better player control.

In terms of graphics Madden wins hands down, the fluid player motion makes me like Madden more than the 2k franchise.

I can't stand playing 2k football because the player motion is so freaking choppy and unattractive it really looks computerized.

EA is ridiculous as they stopped progressing since the 02 madden came out for PS2. Its vitrually the same graphics with new features every year that really don't do much except QB vision, thats cool.

Exactly! Madden hasn't changed a bit since the vision cone came out!

I am a little surprised at the ground swell of support for 2k.

I am impressed!

I don't know why you would be surprised. Even though a lot of people still whore themselves out to the Madden franchise... everyone recognizes that EA doesn't seem to put nearly enough effort into it and gouges us year after year. It's an awful company all-around... once they release a game, they barely support it and have virtually nonexistant customer support.

Archived